Fortnite Install on XBOX One does not Continue

Discus and support Fortnite Install on XBOX One does not Continue in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi; Fornite required an update. But the up date kept on failing. After reading sevral internet sites I came to the conlcusion I would need to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SoullessFish7, May 13, 2019.

1. Fortnite Install on XBOX One does not Continue

Hi;

Fornite required an update. But the up date kept on failing.

After reading sevral internet sites I came to the conlcusion I would need to uninstall and re-install fortnite.

The weird thing is re-downloading the game indicates on the Xbox store that its 27GB in size but when the download starts

it shows that it only needs to download 14GB.

The download gets to 2.8 % (just over 400MB) then seems to hang and just says installing ....

So here's every thing that I have tried :

1. Insure theres enough space on the console - 170GB free

2. Hard reset the Console and continue install

3. Stop the Install and hard reset again and started the download again ( starts at 0MB and continues every time to just over 400MB and does

not continue.

4. Tested to see if any other apps and games would install and that works 100%

My internet connection is 40MB/s connection.

And my Xbox is update to the latest OS version that was released in April.

It just seems that the Fortnite Install is just not working at all?

Is there maybe a way to get onto the console and actually browse where fortnite might be installed and see if there is any files hanging around

that one can delete manually ??

any ideas and help would be welcome ....

Thanks

:)

SoullessFish7, May 13, 2019
  2. SoullessFish7 Win User

thanks .... lets see when the new update comes out....
  3. SoullessFish7 Win User

That looks fine to me.

You should take a look into the troubleshooting guide:

https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one/store/download-game-problem#1bdb313caa5945a18f313b5604bb4fc0

Also, does the game display a specific error message?

That would help us greatly in helping you.
    Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

This link has already been provided and I have given feedback on each step within this trouble shooting guide (please read above replies)

As mentioned previously I uninstalled the game, and now trying to re-install it , based on the

recommendations on some of the trouble shooting pages.

The game does not supply any error messages, and just states its installing without any indication of the download rate,

once it reaches the 2.8% marker.

However the interesting thing is I started to monitor the internet traffic for my xbox on my router, and when the xbox

states it's installing , and nothing seems to be moving, my router is showing that the xbox is in-fact downloading something.

But the Fortnite game is just never installing at all .... just weird.

The images below shows my router monitoring xbox internet traffic when the download is paused.

And the second shows there is traffic, however the xbox download screen shows installing with no data down load

rate / monitoring .....

As stated previously this is only happening with the fortnite game, I have tested downloading other games and they all work fine....

I'm wondering I should just maybe wait until this coming Thursday and see what the new update brings and maybe the game will then

download ???

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. Alucario Ultra Win User

5. zXN1ght FuRyXz Win User

Clear local saved games and download the game offline 😄
  6. SoullessFish7 Win User

Hi

How long have you waited for it to download with no progress?

>> 8 hours

Are you using a wired network connection?

>> I have tried to install with a wired connection and on wifi

Are you using an external storage device?

>> No

Are you part of the Xbox Insiders program?

>> No
Thema:

1. Fortnite Install on XBOX One does not Continue - Similar Threads - Fortnite Install does

2. Installation de fortnite [Translate] Fortnite installation

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Installation de fortnite [Translate] Fortnite installation: Impossible d'installer Fortnite, donne erreur [Translate by Mod] Unable to install Fortnite, gives error 28bc7a0a-ee41-401d-8b9c-738eb7c2e656
  3. Error message for Fortnite when installed

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error message for Fortnite when installed: So season 9 came out today, I updated and tried opening it, it then gave me a notification saying the game will be ready in a minute and then another saying it was corrupt. I have now uninstalled...
  4. I uninstalled fortnite and now i cant find it in the store or in the ready to install section

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I uninstalled fortnite and now i cant find it in the store or in the ready to install section: Hello guys! I need help iam acutally afarid about this issue i came across yesterday. i was launching fortnite and i wont sign me in so i uninstall the game to reinstall it but after i uninstall...
  5. Fortnite Installation Issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fortnite Installation Issues: As of last Fortnite update, I can not install/update the game. The issue seems restricted to specifically Fortnite as I successfully installed another game with no issue. I have uninstalled the...
  6. Install fortnite

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Install fortnite: help i updated fortnite but it was stuck at 86% i kept pressing resume even turned off my xbox and rhat so i uninstalled it and tried to re install it twice and it wont let me it keeps stopping...
  7. Fortnite not installing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fortnite not installing: Actually I am trying to install fortnite on my Xbox one s for some weeks now from the internet from the Microsoft site and it says trying to add to home but the download does not occur plz help...
  8. HELP!!! Xbox One will not install Fortnite update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    HELP!!! Xbox One will not install Fortnite update: My Xbox One won't install the latest Fortnite update, but my Xbox Live connection isn't any different (I can still play other games online and join parties). It keeps saying "Queued". Can anyone...
  9. Fortnite and other games install and update issues.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fortnite and other games install and update issues.: Hi My son has been trying to reinstall Fortnite for the past two days... Also when trying to update a few other games it starts and then stops updating or installing and just gets stuck and won't...
  10. Installation Stopped. Fortnite Battle Royal Issue!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Installation Stopped. Fortnite Battle Royal Issue!: Discovered an isssue when installing fortnite, i accidently clicked uninstall when it was updating and now it wont install again. Xbox live Services says that under the games category it says...