Fortnite is having an issue connecting to my Xbox Live account

Discus and support Fortnite is having an issue connecting to my Xbox Live account in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I am having trouble logging in to Fortnite. I play Fortnite frequently and I have never encountered this issue before. The game is able to open, but... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Timofun1, Feb 14, 2021.

1. Timofun1
    Timofun1 Guest

I am having trouble logging in to Fortnite. I play Fortnite frequently and I have never encountered this issue before. The game is able to open, but once I select the "Press to Start" option and I select the account that I am playing on, a message appears saying "An unexpected error occurred while signing in to your account for Xbox Live. Please try again later" and when I retry, the cycle starts over again. I have been able to use my Live account in Jump Force. I have also tried closing the game, restarting my Xbox, logging out of my account, checking my network connection, re-installing the game, and checking the Xbox services. I have also contacted Epic games support and when their suggestions did not solve my issue, they told me that I need to contact Xbox support.

:)

Timofun1, Feb 14, 2021
  2. AntonioVolkanoski Win User

Fortnite

No, I did not get my vbucks because my fortnite acc is not connected to my Xbox. My vbucks went to my xbox account but i don't have an xbox account with fortnite. I don't have a fortnite on my xbox.
  3. XBF Ezra G Win User

Please help, set up Xbox one with wrong username

Hello GJ111,

Thank you for your post. I understand you are experiencing an issue with connecting your Xbox Live profile to a Fortnite account. For help with connecting your profile to Fortnite, please contact

Epic Games Support

I hope this helps.
  4. Zero Jehuty Win User

Fortnite

No, I did not get my vbucks because my fortnite acc is not connected to my Xbox. My vbucks went to my xbox account but i don't have an xbox account with fortnite. I don't have a fortnite on my xbox.
    Then like I said above you need to contact Chat support with the given link.

Zero
  5. SpyShadow Win User

vbucks

You need to make sure the fortnite profile from epic games is connected to properly to xbox live. Say if your son by accident signed out and then created another fortnite profile , the v-bucks will go to the account previously connected to xbox live.

Please log in to your son's epic games account and under connections, acounts, you should see xbox is connected. If it is not than the v-bucks went to another account, and you will need to try to recover that account.
  6. WPAK Win User

Frustrated Parent-How do I ?

Hi there,

I'm afraid it's not possible to make the account a Child account, but for Fortnite there might be a different option, which will at least let your son keep the Fortnite specific purchases and profile (since these are connected to the Epic account). It will
    require a different Xbox Live Account (and Microsoft Account) so achievements will be none, purchases regarding other games won't be present etc etc and a different Gamertag.

See this link for more information and suggestion on the steps:
    https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/forums/battle-royale/strats-tactics/609407-change-gamertag-xbox-live

I myself don't have Fortnite or have tried these steps, so be sure to double check just to be sure.
Thema:

1. Fortnite is having an issue connecting to my Xbox Live account - Similar Threads - Fortnite having issue

2. Having a problem with all games COD: Rocket League: Fortnite: etc

in XBoX on Consoles
    Having a problem with all games COD: Rocket League: Fortnite: etc: Everytime I click on any game it loads perfectly fine but the when I get in the game the screen starts freezing and disconnecting me and crashing my XBOX 1 S 54d27d0e-2bd9-46ef-a014-7b09520b976c
  3. Having trouble getting my fortnite account on my xbox (I do not have an epic account)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Having trouble getting my fortnite account on my xbox (I do not have an epic account): I started playing fortnite on a friends computer in season 3. I do not recall making a epic account, I think I just used his and logged out of his fortnite account once I played. A few months...
  4. I have now been charged 3 times for fortnite crew and only refunded once!

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have now been charged 3 times for fortnite crew and only refunded once!: How do I get ahold of someone to get my money back and how do I cancel my subscription since I havent even recieved my vbucks despite paying for the service 3 times!...
  5. i dont have my fortnite data on my pc

in XBoX on Windows
    i dont have my fortnite data on my pc: So, I recently switched to pc (today) and I made an epic games account. With this account I linked it to my xbox one, (which had all my skins, vbucks and data). But for some reason, when I load on...
  6. Having trouble playing Fortnite

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Having trouble playing Fortnite: We keep getting an error that it can’t connect to Do I need to buy something else aside the Console Gamepass to be able to play games? I bought Fortnite and when It is loggin in I still get the...
  7. How do I link epic games account Fortnite having troubles can’t add a friend from Xbox to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I link epic games account Fortnite having troubles can’t add a friend from Xbox to...: How do I link epic games account Fortnite having troubles can’t add a friend from Xbox to playstation and think My son can add his friend to play. cf2d87de-94ae-4126-8166-a87dc5f8975d
  8. I have gold but when i try to play fortnite it says i need gold

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have gold but when i try to play fortnite it says i need gold: Im very scared because the event starts in 2 days so pls fix this e5371f9d-51dc-4adb-8477-77b4abdff56f
  9. all of my items of fortnite have disappeared

in XBoX Games and Apps
    all of my items of fortnite have disappeared: hello guys, my name is arthur and i am a player of fortnite. recently i haved a problem who makes me angry because all my items on this game disappeared. this problem started when i linked my xbox...
  10. I have redeem the Xbox one s fortnite Code but it won't appear

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have redeem the Xbox one s fortnite Code but it won't appear: it store says that the code is ready for me but when i logged in it wont appear in my locker. Please help. 3274a84c-8c3f-41d9-ad00-fa39c1077854