Fortnite keeps going back to home

Discus and support Fortnite keeps going back to home in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; What is causing the Fortnite game to keep returning to home screen? Playing on Xbox 1S. dd9ef566-fa9b-4567-a3ce-1f51858808b0 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by DragonHunter307, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Fortnite keeps going back to home

What is causing the Fortnite game to keep returning to home screen? Playing on Xbox 1S.

:)

DragonHunter307, Aug 19, 2019
  2. DragonHunter307 Win User

Actually, Yes. My grandson just informed me he was getting updates this morning and I turned off everything before leaving for work.

Guess that'll each me to ask and him to inform me!!

Many thanks!
  3. Bokor Zombie Win User

Hi
    DragonHunter307

Thank you for contacting the Xbox Forum. This is an issue i have encountered many times myself. The first option is always to go with a Power Cycle of your Xbox. Turn off console by holding down the Xbox button on your console until it turns off. Then unplug
    your console from the Power socket in the wall and wait 10 secs. Then plug it back in and restart your Xbox.

If by chance this still causes Fortnite to go back to home screen instead of loading your next suggestion is to do a resart on the game. The easiest way to do this is to open up another game and let that game fully load and then go back into Fortnite.

Please let me know if this helps you.

Thank you
  4. Scaluh2 Win User

Further to the above suggestions, if some of the easier methods don't work you can try to reinstall the game fresh from the store. There is a chance your console was powered down during an update which can cause issues with the build.
  5. DragonHunter307 Win User

The power cycle appears to have solved the problem. Other games were doing the same thing and they now are working.

Unfortunately, the first suggestion was to uninstall the game, which was done, and now internet is taking forever to reload.

Wish we'd had your directive first.

Thanks so much for your help.
  6. XBF Ruben D Win User

Hello DragonHunter307,

Thank you for letting us know that the issue has been fixed. We'll be locking the thread as the issue has been resolved. If you ever require any help with any other issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance.
    For those reading this thread and if the troubleshooting steps listed above didn't help resolve the issue, please feel free to create a new thread asking for assistance.

Thank you again and have a great day!
Thema:

1. Fortnite keeps going back to home - Similar Threads - Fortnite keeps going

2. Dark Vertex Fortnite Bundle

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Dark Vertex Fortnite Bundle: Hello , I just bought an xbox one fortnite edition (purple), and I didn't receive the code for the bundle. Here are some proofs : [Mod Removed - Personal Information] (Sorry its in french) And...
  3. XBOX/Fortnite account transfer and set up

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX/Fortnite account transfer and set up: Hi Trying to sort out Fortnite for my son. He currently logs in to XBOX using his mother's email and password. His Fortnite account is linked to this xbox account. I need to link his fortnite...
  4. Fortnite - Dark Reflections Pack

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fortnite - Dark Reflections Pack: Fortnite - Dark Reflections Pack Please note: If it is available in your region right now it is a bug buying the pack will not give you the in-game items until its official launch. Did the Cube...
  5. Xbox keeps crashing when playing Fortnite

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox keeps crashing when playing Fortnite: Hi, My XBox OneS keeps crashing when playing Fortnite. Also crashing when I play Sims4 and Overwatch, but not as often. Does anyone know why this might be happening?...
  6. fortnite keeps crashing and xbox one x shuts down

in XBoX Games and Apps
    fortnite keeps crashing and xbox one x shuts down: hi, i have These Problem since merch. ich played around 2-3 round fortnite Save the World and after that the games freezes and my xbox one x shutsdown. i tried everything. i reinstalled the game,...
  7. Why is my fortnite keep saying error

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my fortnite keep saying error: What do I do when my game keeps saying error and I cannot play neither? Can I make a new account? 4a456dc2-4e70-4b58-9c73-c1893eac4189
  8. Fortnite keeps crashing when i load into a match

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fortnite keeps crashing when i load into a match: When ever i go to load up in a match on Fortnite Battle Royale im sitting at my loading screen about to be in the pre game lobby when my game frezzes then crashes. This is also happining to a...
  9. Fortnite keeps drawing from my account unauthrised

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fortnite keeps drawing from my account unauthrised: hi all Fort nite game will take money from your bank account unauthotised so be very careful. I’m trying to find a way of contacting Microsoft to get back money has anyone here got a number...
  10. Xbox keeps signing me out while playing fortnite .. error 0x87dd100a

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox keeps signing me out while playing fortnite .. error 0x87dd100a: seems to only happen when playing fortnite & I’m the only one of my friends who randomly gets signed out while in the middle of the game.. WiFi stays connected on all my other devices besides Xbox...