Fortnite - Linking a Epic account to a different xbox account.

Discus and support Fortnite - Linking a Epic account to a different xbox account. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have 2 boys that play Fortnite and am having the following issue. My younger son always played Fortnite on the PC platform and played with his... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ZeroTugboat5999, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Fortnite - Linking a Epic account to a different xbox account.

I have 2 boys that play Fortnite and am having the following issue.

My younger son always played Fortnite on the PC platform and played with his older brother who is on the Xbox platform. My younger son just received an Xbox One for his birthday and when he tried to link his Xbox account to his Epic account he gets the error
    "This Epic account was previously linked to a different external account. it can only be relinked to the old external account and not a new one". My older son then informed me that when he was trying to "help" his younger brother he tied his account to his
    younger brother's account by accident but then removed it.

How can I link my younger son's Epic Account to his new Xbox account so he can play with all of his items and progress he made on the PC version on his Xbox?

:)

ZeroTugboat5999, Oct 9, 2019
  2. Tormaz Win User

help

Hello!

Just to clarify is the issue that you have two Epic (Fortnite) accounts that are linked to two different Outlook e-mail addresses, and the epic account that is currently linked to your Xbox is the incorrect one?
  3. XBF Amber M Win User

Account Link Issues - EPIC / XBOX Live mixed up ?

Hi Stefan!

Thanks for reaching out to us! When it comes to linking your Xbox Account (GamerTag) to your Fortnite account (Epic Games account), each GamerTag/profile can only link to one Fortnite account. If you are able to sign into Fortnite on your device with your
    son's Xbox account and his Epic account and view his progress then that is normal. However, if you'd like to sign into your Xbox account on Fortnite, it would need to correspond with the Epic games account associated with your GamerTag.

If your own GamerTag (Xbox profile) is not linking up with your Epic Games account, then you would need to

contact Epic Games concerning your Fortnite account
    directly for assistance in getting those two accounts to link. Just be sure you know the different account log in emails for their site specific to each of you.

Hope this helps out!
  4. XBF Amber M Win User

No puedo vincular mi cuenta de xbox a epic games en pc [Translation - I can not link my xbox account to epic games on pc]

Hi rodrigovazquez2,

Thanks for reaching out to us! When it comes to linking your Xbox Account (GamerTag) to your Fortnite account (Epic Games account), each GamerTag/profile can only link to one Fortnite account. If you'd like to sign into your Xbox account
    on Fortnite, it would need to correspond with the Epic games account associated with your GamerTag.

If your own GamerTag (Xbox profile) is not linking up with your Epic Games account, then you would need to

contact Epic Games concerning your Fortnite account
    directly for assistance in getting those two accounts to link. Just be sure you know the different account log in emails for their site specific to each of you.

Hope this helps out!
  5. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi
    ZeroTugboat5999

As the question has been answered, we will be locking this thread. If you have any other questions about a different topic, feel free to come back and create a new thread and we will be more than happy to answer.

Thank you for understanding, have a great day!
  6. ZeroTugboat5999 Win User

Update: I just logged into my Older son's epic account as him and his account is linked properly to his xbox account. my younger son's account is still giving the error message I stated earlier.
Thema:

1. Fortnite - Linking a Epic account to a different xbox account. - Similar Threads - Fortnite Linking Epic

2. Fortnite Xbox Cup

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Fortnite Xbox Cup: I have not yet received my payment for the Fortnite Xbox Cup. Not really sure what the issue is. Epic Games told me to contact you guys. 5f4bd6bd-86f5-457b-840c-c26dfa7553c7
  3. Fortnite lost skins and achievments when trying to link second xbox one

in XBoX Accessibility
    Fortnite lost skins and achievments when trying to link second xbox one: Hi All I have Fortnite on a xbox one and a iphone and have been playing on both for quite a while and earnt some good skins and achievements. About 2 weeks ago I tried to link a second xbox at...
  4. De-link Fortnite game from Xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    De-link Fortnite game from Xbox: I wanted to link my Xbox to my fortnite game. By mistake I linked another user on my Xbox to the game, instead of myself. I has been impossible to de-link the game, either on the Epicgame...
  5. Fortnite Linked Account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fortnite Linked Account: I started playing Fortnite on Xbox last year. I made lots of purchases on xbox. I made an Epic Games account a few months ago and linked it to my Xbox account and made a few purchases on it with...
  6. Fortnite - linking an existing Epic account to a new XBOX Live account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fortnite - linking an existing Epic account to a new XBOX Live account: Hey, I've had an XBOX Live account for a number of years. My son set up a Fortnite account and used my Live account to play. He grew up. He wanted his own live account. He got one. We went...
  7. My son cannot link his Fortnite account from pc to XBOX ONE

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My son cannot link his Fortnite account from pc to XBOX ONE: Hello. My son plays Fortnite on PC and now he wants to play it on Xbox but unfortunately he cannot do that as a message says: " To do this. You are unable to see content other people make because...
  8. link fortnite account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    link fortnite account: Hello, I am trying to link my switch Fortnite account to my main xbox account but it wont let me link it, both accounts have the same email address, so i do not know why it wont let me link it....
  9. fortnite sitch link with xbox one MUM POST...HELP!!!1

in XBoX Games and Apps
    fortnite sitch link with xbox one MUM POST...HELP!!!1: OK BE WARNED MUM POST TRYING TO HELP SON WHEN I HAVE NO IDEA. BACKGROUND son on level 52 Fortnite x box one Linked switch to fortnite game coming up as level 3 on switch has epic account.the...
  10. Fortnite account link xboxlive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fortnite account link xboxlive: when I try to connect my xboxlive account from the Epic site, I get an error message saying that my xboxlive account is already connected to another epic account. The problem is that I do not know...