Fortnite microphone locked on my kid's computer AND switch since I turned on parental control

Discus and support Fortnite microphone locked on my kid's computer AND switch since I turned on parental control in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I've tried accessing the menu ingame on his account but it's greyed out. I don't have an account myself. How the hell can I changed back ? It seems it... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by LouiseThomass, May 25, 2022.

1. Fortnite microphone locked on my kid's computer AND switch since I turned on parental control

I've tried accessing the menu ingame on his account but it's greyed out. I don't have an account myself. How the hell can I changed back ? It seems it locked also on the switch...

Please help my kid is going nuts

:)

LouiseThomass, May 25, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Fortnite microphone locked on my kid's computer AND switch since I turned on parental control

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today Louise, is your son's Epic account created using a Microsoft account?

Let's try this if yes:

Create a new account that can be considered as an adult account (try using another web browser or incognito mode).

Once done, add your son's account as organizer via the link below. (you can see in the new account an "add member" button

https://account.microsoft.com/family/

Please double check that you select your son's account as organizer too, not member.

Once successfully added, sign out from your son's account everywhere and restart your PC

Then log in your account again and try downloading the game.

Just to double check, please check if birthdate is more than 18, if not change birth year

https://account.microsoft.com/profile

Double check too if all privacy settings are allowed:

https://account.xbox.com/en-us/Settings
  3. LouiseThomass Win User

Hi Josef,

Thanks for getting back to me. Unfortunately my son's fortnite account was not created through Microsoft services.

I've created a new microsoft account for me and him for the special purpose of having a bit more control of his gaming time and the content he has access to but he already had the Epic account.

It seems that connecting his epic account on this new "family controlled" account was detected by Fortnite by itself but I've looked on my family control account and I can't find any setting anywhere.

What should I do ?

Thanks again for your help !

EDIT : I've created an XBOX profile as well as an Epic account for myself. I've linked both of them together but I don't see any more settings either on Microsoft's family control interface or on Epic's. On Epic I don't even see a way to add my existing son's account...
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Oh, I see.
    Louis is this case you may need to contact Epic support, probably they can look further on your son's account and explain to you what's going on
  5. RainingRoses Win User

Hey Louise,

Have you tried everything here?

How do I fix voice chat issues in Fortnite? - Epic Games

- specifically refer to Adjust parental control settings in particular.

Also, if you successfully connect the Epic Games account/profile to an Xbox account (includes steps for both the website and console), then you would need to verify that the Xbox privacy settings enable/allow voice chat as well.

These settings need to be set to allow (you can always just select the friends option if you prefer) on your son’s account:
    People outside of Xbox Live can communicate with voice and text - set to allow

Others can communicate with voice, text or invites - set to everyoneBe sure to select submit at the end of the page to confirm and save any account changes. Your son would then need to sign out and back in again for the updated settings to properly take effect.

This guide may also help:

How do I manage my party and voice chat options from the Fortnite Lobby? - Epic Games

Family & online safety | Xbox Support

If all your son’s online permissions are correct and this doesn’t reflect accordingly or if you still can’t enable voice chat because it’s greyed out in-game, then it would be best to contact support directly as we can’t access accounts here on the forums. If you experience this error in all games, contact Xbox Support or if this issue only occurs in Fortnite (especially if this persists on multiple devices), then submit a request to Epic Games Support for further assistance regarding this.

Hope this helps.
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Maybe the account is connected to other service and that service is blocking functionalities.
    Is hard to tell, I hope Epic support can fix it for you on this one
Thema:

1. Fortnite microphone locked on my kid's computer AND switch since I turned on parental control - Similar Threads - Fortnite microphone locked

2. microphone stopped working after new season of Fortnite update

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    microphone stopped working after new season of Fortnite update: My son's microphone on his xbox one was working perfectly right up to the new season of Fortnite update...we have checked all the usual settings, uninstalled and reinstalled Fortnite, cleared the...
  3. microphone stopped working after new season of Fortnite update

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    microphone stopped working after new season of Fortnite update: My son's microphone on his xbox one was working perfectly right up to the new season of Fortnite update...we have checked all the usual settings, uninstalled and reinstalled Fortnite, cleared the...
  4. Microphone problems xbox one s all digital on fortnite

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microphone problems xbox one s all digital on fortnite: Hello, i have a problem that i cant solve it yet and i want to help me. I play fortnite and my friends they cant hear me and it sais than your friends are not able to hear you cause they are in...
  5. Micrófono fortnite[Fortnite Microphone]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Micrófono fortnite[Fortnite Microphone]: Hola tengo una xbox one s y ultimamente no me esta funcionando el microfono en fortnite me funciona en todo lo demas como el los grupos de xbox en el call of duty exepto en el fortnite espero que...
  6. Fortnite - Microphone Won't Work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fortnite - Microphone Won't Work: We just purchased a HyperX Cloud Stinger Core headset for our XBox One, and the microphone will NOT work in the game Fortnite. Has anyone else experienced this issue, and if so, what was the fix?...
  7. Xbox microfono non funziona su Fortnite!!! Aiutatemi [Xbox microphone doesn't work on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox microfono non funziona su Fortnite!!! Aiutatemi [Xbox microphone doesn't work on...: Ciao volevo sapere se puoi aiutare a risolvere un problema riguardante le cuffie della xbox one, cioe il microfono non funziona su fortnite mentre in altri giochi funziona benissimo! Mi puoi...
  8. Problemi microfono cuffie xbox one con Fortnite[Translation-Xbox One headphone microphone...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problemi microfono cuffie xbox one con Fortnite[Translation-Xbox One headphone microphone...: Salve a Tutti, Ho un problema con il microfono delle cuffie della xbox con il gioco Fortnite. Prima di fare upgrade di firmware riuscivo a sentire i miei amici alle cuffie, ma loro non sentivano...
  9. Problemi con microfono con fortnite -[Translation - Problems with microphone with fortnite]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problemi con microfono con fortnite -[Translation - Problems with microphone with fortnite]: Bonasera, sto avendo problemi con il microfono delle cuffie mentre gioco a FORTNITE in quanto il mentre gioco nessuno minsente anche se le cuffie funzionano correttamente. ho fatto tutti i...
  10. Microphone muted on fortnite and main xbox page

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microphone muted on fortnite and main xbox page: Cannot get headset mic to unmute. Can't chat on fortnite. 2363ec65-d7bd-43af-8f53-ae306b54709e