Fortnite not requiring Xbox Live Gold

Discus and support Fortnite not requiring Xbox Live Gold in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I don’t have an Xbox Live Gold account currently and was excited when microsoft announced that free to play games would not require Gold. However, when... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by IR0NW0LF130, Feb 25, 2021.

1. IR0NW0LF130
    IR0NW0LF130 Guest

I don’t have an Xbox Live Gold account currently and was excited when microsoft announced that free to play games would not require Gold. However, when I load Fortnite, it still tells me I need a Gold membership. Is this only me or has the free to play not requiring Gold change not fully come into effect yet?

:)

IR0NW0LF130, Feb 25, 2021
  2. Legendary ZA Win User

Xbox live gold

Hi!

A subscription to Xbox Live Gold is required to play games online, so you will require an Xbox Live Gold subscription to play Fortnite.
  3. ChiefJoboo Win User

Xbox live

A subscription to Xbox Live Gold is required for all online multiplayer.

Without it you can play offline game modes but some games are online only, as Fortnite is.

You will need to buy a subscription to Xbox Live Gold to play online on Fortnite.
  4. FreeAndSay Win User

Games free

Hi there,

Unfortunately, Xbox live gold is required for every multiplayer game including Fortnite.

Thank you!
  5. Why Microsoft why Win User

Not being able to play fortnite without xbox live gold

Well with fortnite it is accautly do able as seen with the glitch meaning that it doesnt require xbox live gold to do it
  6. FreeAndSay Win User

Lo de gold no es justo (Gold's not fair.)

Thema:

1. Fortnite not requiring Xbox Live Gold - Similar Threads - Fortnite requiring Live

2. I am not able to play free to play games like fortnite on x box insider omega

in XboX Insiders
    I am not able to play free to play games like fortnite on x box insider omega: I am on x box insider omega and I am not able to play fortnite and partychat on my x box pls tell me the solution that can i play free games on x box insider OMEGA submitted by /u/warrior215...
  3. Can’t play Fortnite on Xbox series S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t play Fortnite on Xbox series S: Past few days Fortnite loads but then we press A and it just says we cant sign into our accounts on Xbox and play. Plz help. be7d6222-12cf-4e16-af70-2b41d7f604f8
  4. Fortnite won't load

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fortnite won't load: After reinstalling Fortnite, it works, but after turning off the Xbox, when I try to load into Fortnite, the Fortnite screen comes up for a short time, turns black, and kicks me out. I have to...
  5. Fortnite requires LiveGold

in XBoX Accessibility
    Fortnite requires LiveGold: Is it correct that to Play Fortnite with Xbox you have to pay LiveGold? As far as I am concerned Playstation does not require Playstation®Plus. I regret bitterly not to have opted for PS....
  6. Fortnite battle royale requiring xbox live gold !

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fortnite battle royale requiring xbox live gold !: THIS IS A VERY SERIOUS ISSUE XBOX ! LISTEN , SO IT HAS BEEN YEARS SINCE THAT YOU GUYS ARE MAKING POOR PEOPLE PAY FOR THIS XBOX LIVE GOLD (ONLY FOR FORTNITE BATTLE ROYALE CONSIDERING IT IS A FREE...
  7. Por que Fortnite requiere Xbox Live!? Si Fortnite es Gratis! (Why Fortnite requires Xbox ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Por que Fortnite requiere Xbox Live!? Si Fortnite es Gratis! (Why Fortnite requires Xbox ...: Por que fortnite requiere Xbox Live para poder iniciar si fortnite es gratis!? [Translation] Why Fortnite requires Xbox Live to be able to start if fortnite is free!?...
  8. Fortnite Now Requires Gold?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fortnite Now Requires Gold?: The game Fortnite was free to play over the weekend. Now it is telling me I need to have an xbox live gold membership to play. Does this occur frequently to free games? If so then I would not...
  9. WHY FORTNITE CAN BE PLAYED FREE ONLINE ON PS4 AND ON XBOX ONE DOES XBOX LIVE GOLD REQUIRE?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    WHY FORTNITE CAN BE PLAYED FREE ONLINE ON PS4 AND ON XBOX ONE DOES XBOX LIVE GOLD REQUIRE?: 1.good afternoon I wanted to say that it does not seem fair to me that the game weighs almost twice as much in xbox and still requires gold membership to play online being a beta phase whereas in...
  10. Fortnite Delux - bought the PvE game but can only play the Version requiring Live Gold

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fortnite Delux - bought the PvE game but can only play the Version requiring Live Gold: Hi all. I purchased the Fortnite Delux Founders edition which came bundled with Battle Royale. I paid the money for the Delux PvE game so that my child could play without going online. But when...