Forza Horizon 1 (360) disc not working in Series X - console thinks it's a regular DVD

Discus and support Forza Horizon 1 (360) disc not working in Series X - console thinks it's a regular DVD in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; One of the first things I did after getting my console out of the box and setting it up was insert my disc copy of Forza Horizon 1. It detected the... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/t_a_6847646847646476, Nov 30, 2020.

1. Forza Horizon 1 (360) disc not working in Series X - console thinks it's a regular DVD

One of the first things I did after getting my console out of the box and setting it up was insert my disc copy of Forza Horizon 1. It detected the game, installed it, and I was able to play it without an issue.

After a few hours of successful gameplay, I decided to fully shut down the console with the disc still inside and came back after a few hours later. With the game installed and the disc in, I attempted to launch it.

The console started throwing 0x82d40004 errors. I tried to quit the game and relaunch it from the cold with no luck, prompting me to eject the disc (which was now being seen as a regular DVD since it was detected by the Blu-Ray Player app) and clean it off. I found a few light scratches on the disc upon closer inspection but they shouldn't be the cause of the issue if it had worked fine earlier and with my old 360.

I proceeded to try all the possible solutions (changing the power mode, clearing the persistent storage, doing a hard restart by pulling the power cord after a full shutdown, uninstalling the game, removing and re-adding account, resetting the console, and using it horizontally) with no luck. I do not believe this is a hardware issue as the drive works fine with other discs including DVDs and other 360 games.

This issue seems to affect Forza Horizon 1 specifically with both One and Series consoles as I've read a number of other reports about it. For one user it was a faulty disc drive, for another it was a faulty disc, and for the rest it was neither which also seems to be the case for me.

The game is no longer installed on the console and reinstallation is impossible as the disc is not being seen as the game, but rather a regular DVD.

submitted by /u/t_a_6847646847646476
    [link] [comments]

/u/t_a_6847646847646476, Nov 30, 2020
  2. User 9242019 Win User

Xbox 360 discs do not launch on my Xbox One.

Sounds like a hardware issue with the disc drive. Since Xbox 360 games are on DVD does a regular movie DVD work on your console? If not I would suspect fault with the laser on the disc drive.
  3. BiGDaM Win User

Xbox One won’t Acknowledge backwards compatible Xbox 360 games

Only Xbox 360 games and regular DVDs, BluRay disc and Xbox One discs work perfectly!
  4. Miss Bijoux Win User

mass effect trilogy box set won't play on xbox one

Hmm. I'm thinking the issue is possibly with the discs you purchased then. Are you able to exchange the discs for a new set? If other regular DVDs are working, that means your disc drive is likely fine. (Generally, failure to play Xbox 360 games and regular
    DVDs is a sign that your disc drive is failing necessitating a console repair.)

Couple other things to try, if possible:

1. Can you create/use another Xbox Live account and try playing the games on that account on your console?

2. Do you have a friend nearby that owns an Xbox One? If so, can you bring your games over there and try them on that console?

Definitely keep me posted! :)
  5. WayneJohnsonZQ Win User

Forza horizon 4 doesnt work

Forza horizon 4 wont launch for me on series x
  6. HyperVenom523 Win User

Blu ray "player"

My xbox one x just plays regular dvds...blue rays...uhd discs...game discs!!
Thema:

Forza Horizon 1 (360) disc not working in Series X - console thinks it's a regular DVD

1. Forza Horizon 1 (360) disc not working in Series X - console thinks it's a regular DVD - Similar Threads - Forza Horizon 360

2. xbox 360 forza horizon 2 disc not reading.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox 360 forza horizon 2 disc not reading.: We have a Forza Horizon 2 disc for Xbox 360 that we got used. It is clean but some light scratches on it. At first it did not even recognize there was anything in the console and went to Open...
  3. Can I play Forza Horizon on Xbox 360 that I purchased digitally on Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I play Forza Horizon on Xbox 360 that I purchased digitally on Xbox One: I'm asking because I tried doing so and I get "Insert disc" message on the loading screen. e86b321c-f204-40ab-ac40-c2310dffc83d
  4. Forza Horizon 4 won't detect xbox 360 controller(chinese adapter)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 4 won't detect xbox 360 controller(chinese adapter): Hello there! I just bought the xbox gamepass on my pc, I realy wanted to try the racing game forza. I downloaded the game, started to play, connected my controller, nothing and yes my...
  5. XBOX 360 Controller not detected on Forza Horizon 4

in XBoX on Windows
    XBOX 360 Controller not detected on Forza Horizon 4: Hello, I have a problem. Forza Horizon 4 is not detecting my Xbox 360 Controller. I checked if it is on the newest driver. Every other Game on Steam or what else works perfectly. I don't get any...
  6. Xbox 360 controller not registering on Forza Horizon 4 (Xbox game pass)

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox 360 controller not registering on Forza Horizon 4 (Xbox game pass): Hi There, As stated in the title: the game "Forza 4" is unable to recognize my 360 controller I tried a few things to fix it: -I have installed the wireless receiver after some issue using this...
  7. Gamepad xbox 360 in Forza Horizon 4

in XBoX on Windows
    Gamepad xbox 360 in Forza Horizon 4: Здравствуйте Пишу вам там как уже не знаю что делать в надежде что вы мне поможете Проблема вот в чём я играю в Forza Horizon 4 на пк но играю через gamepad xbox 360 и игра постоянно вылетала...
  8. Fable 2 and Forza Horizon on 360 not downloading

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fable 2 and Forza Horizon on 360 not downloading: I have the 2 games, Fable 2 and Forza on my account, every time i try to download them, Fable appears damaged with ! yellow on, and Forza download until 99% and them go back to 1% again, i clear...
  9. Forza Horizon 4 xbox 360 controller[Forza Horizon 4 xbox 360 controller]

in XBoX on Windows
    Forza Horizon 4 xbox 360 controller[Forza Horizon 4 xbox 360 controller]: Hallo habe mir vor kurzen Forza Horizon 4 geholt, allerdings ist es unspielbar, da mein Xbox 360 Controller nicht erkannt wird... Bei sämtlichen Spielen, ob älter oder neuer, funktioniert der...
  10. Forza Horizon 4 xbox 360 controller

in XBoX on Windows
    Forza Horizon 4 xbox 360 controller: Hallo habe mir vor kurzen Forza Horizon 4 geholt, allerdings ist es unspielbar, da mein Xbox 360 Controller nicht erkannt wird... Bei sämtlichen Spielen, ob älter oder neuer, funktioniert der...