Forza Horizon 4 Crashing Windows 10

Discus and support Forza Horizon 4 Crashing Windows 10 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi Team, Running into issues with Forza Horizon 4 (haven't had issues previously but been 3-4months since I last played). The game is randomly... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by BenRAus', Nov 25, 2021.

1. BenRAus'
    BenRAus' Guest

Hi Team,

Running into issues with Forza Horizon 4 (haven't had issues previously but been 3-4months since I last played).

The game is randomly crashing to desktop at certain times. Event Viewer provides this generic error code

Faulting application name: ForzaHorizon4.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x611d89eb

Faulting module name: ForzaHorizon4.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x611d89eb

Exception code: 0xc0000096

Fault offset: 0x0000000000e20360

Faulting process ID: 0x3e68

Faulting application start time: 0x01d7e1dfaf801937

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_1.474.687.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\ForzaHorizon4.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_1.474.687.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\ForzaHorizon4.exe

Report ID: 8b9d1a60-45fc-4860-8596-0f48ef26f022

Faulting package full name: Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_1.474.687.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

Faulting package-relative application ID: SunriseReleaseFinal

I've 'reset' the application in Windows. I don't think it's a graphics driver issue but as I think Event Viewer would detect that.

Please help!

Thanks

:)

BenRAus', Nov 25, 2021
  2. XBF Diego M Win User

Forza Horizon 4 Fechando Sozinho [Translate] Forza Horizon 4 closing alone

Hi Marlos,

I see that you are playing this on a PC and not on an Xbox One. I recommend looking at this support article I found with many known solutions to resolve FH4 crashing on a Windows 10 PC:

https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/forza-horizon-4-crash-on-pc-solved/

There are 10 different fixes to try on that article so definitely try them all one by one and let us know which one helped!
  3. xDevilxGirlx421 Win User

Forza 4 Personal File damage

Hi,

do you play Forza Horizon 4 on the xbox one or windows 10?
  4. ClausReich Win User

Forza Horizon 4 won't launch on Windows 11

You can try to find the crash logs on the Windows software known as Event Viewer. There, find Forza Horizon 4 and check what's the crash log around the time the game stopped working.
  5. L4c3rd4 Win User

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Vinicius.

I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

HEy BenRAus, how are you today? Hope you're well.

So, let's try this, first, make sure your windows and all its services are up to date:

Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update;

Click Check for Updates;

Click the Download and Install Now option, if available;

Also, check the Microsoft Store for any updates on the Xbox apps and its services.

Then try this:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for gaming services app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then restore, open the app and try again.

Then do the same for the Xbox app:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for Xbox app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then restore, open the app and try again.

Then, try to uninstall and install the Xbox app. :)

If it still doesn't work you're going to uninstall the games services using a powershell command, then you're going to open the gamepass app, it will ask you to download and install the game services again :

In the windows search bar type Powershell > Right click and select open as administrator > Type the command: "get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-Appxpackage –allusers" > Wait for the process to finish and then restart the PC, then open your Xbox gamepass app, it will ask you to install the gaming services again, install it and try again.

If neither of those procedures works, try to restore your PC's OS via the ISO image tool, using that tool you will be able to maintain your installed games and files.

If you're using Windows 10:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

If you're using Windows 11:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...
  6. XBF Crystal P Win User

Probleme carte graphique pour lancer forza horizon 4 sur pc windows 10 .*Probleme graphics card to launch Forza Horizon 4 on PC Windows 10*

Thema:

1. Forza Horizon 4 Crashing Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Forza Horizon Crashing

2. Forza horizon 4 Steam Version Crash

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza horizon 4 Steam Version Crash: Hi Guys I Have Problem in Forza Horizon 4 in Loading Screen After Optimize System Faulting application name: ForzaHorizon4.exe, version: 1.474.683.0, time stamp: 0x00000000 Faulting module...
  3. Forza Horizon 4 Crashing - Windows 10 / Steam

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 4 Crashing - Windows 10 / Steam: Hi there, I recently picked up Forza Horizon 4. The game worked fine for the first hour, then crashed shortly after I got given my first house. The game now crashes every time it tries to load...
  4. Forza Horizon 4 crashing when loading

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 4 crashing when loading: Hello, so I've just re-downloaded Forza Horizon 4 onto my PC, and the game just refuses to run for some reason I can't figure out. SO the game starts normally, and even syncs data normally, but...
  5. Forza horizon 5 crash on launch, Error code - 0xe06d7363, KERNELBASE.dll

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza horizon 5 crash on launch, Error code - 0xe06d7363, KERNELBASE.dll: I was not able to launch Forza Horizon 5 on pc. I turned off anti-virus, overlay, cleared cache ( game and microsoft store ), restarted xbox game bar, scanned system file ( sfc /scannow ), run as...
  6. Forza horizon 5 crashes at start up on windows 11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza horizon 5 crashes at start up on windows 11: I cannot get Forza horizon 5 to start on windows 11. Crashes as soon as the game starts up on screen 61ead37f-2142-4f91-af88-e578a0a82ed0
  7. forza horizon 5 crash on startup

in XBoX Games and Apps
    forza horizon 5 crash on startup: every time i start up fh5 it starts optimizing gets to 50% and then crashes i made sure that all my drivers were up to date same with windows 10 but it just kept on crashing tried uninstalling...
  8. Forza Horizon 4 crashing when entering different zones

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 4 crashing when entering different zones: The game was working perfectly since I first installed it up until a couple of days ago. Whenever I enter a different town or zone the game immediately crashes. I have lowered graphics settings...
  9. Forza Horizon 5 Crash on Launch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 5 Crash on Launch: I have followed all the major steps from every site and Forum. Ive done all the uninstalls and updating of other programs, drivers, you name it. I am at a loss as why this game will not launch. I...
  10. Forza horizon 5 crashing on startup.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza horizon 5 crashing on startup.: hi, I am trying to launch forza horizon 5 and despite of trying everything from troubleshooting and updating both windows and forza (Forza horizon 5 ver. 3.410.860.2), the game keeps crushing on...