Forza Horizon 4 wont launch

Discus and support Forza Horizon 4 wont launch in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I cannot get Forza Horizon 4 to launch at all. Its a fresh install on a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro 20H2 with all the latest updates and drivers.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by llars0689, May 3, 2021.

1. llars0689
    llars0689 Guest

I cannot get Forza Horizon 4 to launch at all. Its a fresh install on a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro 20H2 with all the latest updates and drivers. Every other game works perfectly, but I cannot get Forza to even launch. It initally launches the app window and looks like its about to launch, then the window goes black and then just exits...

I confirmed that all overlays were disabled (ex nvidia, discord), MSI afterburner was closed, and also closed all apps completely so Forza was the only thing running... No luck. In addition to this, i also disabled Sophos anti-virus, but that didnt make a difference either. I've also gone into services and stopped any services for Nahimic audio or anything similar, but also no luck. SFC scanner comes up clean with no corrupt files too.

Whats odd is, before i did a fresh install of Windows 10, i had it working on the same hardware. But after installing the latest build of 20H2, it no longer works. As mentioned, i have zero issues with any other game or application, including other games in the Xbox Game Pass app. Forza games are the only ones i have issues with, I also had the same issue with Forza Motorsport 7.

Any ideas why this is happening?! Its very frustrating!

Thanks!

Also here is the error in event viewer:

Faulting application name: ForzaHorizon4.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x6070d4a9

Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x000000020b607980

Faulting process ID: 0x2db8

Faulting application start time: 0x01d73f8ab0dbe2dc

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_1.467.506.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\ForzaHorizon4.exe

Faulting module path: unknown

Report ID: 57545ab0-84ce-4fb5-a34b-ef7ba806c2bb

Faulting package full name: Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_1.467.506.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

Faulting package-relative application ID: SunriseReleaseFinal

:)

llars0689, May 3, 2021
  2. WayneJohnsonZQ Win User

Forza horizon 4 doesnt work

Forza horizon 4 wont launch for me on series x
  3. Skyrider Y Win User

What do you like about Xbox ?

The games! I remember when Forza Horizon 2 was launched and i was just completing the first Horizon. Such great games, even now with Horizon 4.
  4. Ina 14 Win User

Cant get game to work

this is for forza horizon 4 fortune island bought on amazon redeemed code and wont work
  5. daveb_899 Win User

forza horizon 4 will not run

check out what we have been saying on this thread

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_store/forza-horizon-4-wont-launch/7bd5aead-fe0f-43ee-bfbb-04313e659683?messageId=e4d69c31-5d9e-4af4-8d11-89adb7ea0dff
  6. AlexandreVerret Win User

Xbox game pass for pc Error code: 0x8000000b when downloading

It is not only with bridge it happened with forza horizon 4 and State of decay 2 for me thats a terrible launch
Thema:

1. Forza Horizon 4 wont launch - Similar Threads - Forza Horizon wont

2. Forza Horizon 4 wont start from the main launch screen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 4 wont start from the main launch screen: When i launch FH4 it will go to the main screen of the McLaren driving through the forest and snow where it says “A: Start Game or X: Accessibility” but nothing happens when I press A or X. Ive...
  3. Forza Horizon 4 wont work an nobody was able to help

in XBoX on Windows
    Forza Horizon 4 wont work an nobody was able to help: My forza horizon 4 wont start. I have an ASUS Rog strix wint i7 9750H, 16gb ram and gtx 1660ti, and it worked fine until one day. After the two intro movies, I see a black screen and nothing, I...
  4. I downloaded forza horizon 4 but it wont show up

in XBoX on Windows
    I downloaded forza horizon 4 but it wont show up: Hi, I was wondering if this is a glitch or something has gone wrong with the purchase of my game. I followed all the instructions provided on how to see games in the queue/in process of...
  5. Forza Horizon 4 wont load on Series S

in XboX Insiders
    Forza Horizon 4 wont load on Series S: Yesterday i was about to change the paint on la car i got in the auction house when suddenly my game crash and since then i can load the game i have try reinstalling the game deleting the game...
  6. Forza Horizon 4 wont start on Windows PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Forza Horizon 4 wont start on Windows PC: I have tried everything i read in the internet but nothing could help. Forza starts the flashscreen for 2 seconds and then closes. PLEASE HELP e5e1ccf5-e088-4a72-a749-89fde2c4a0be
  7. Forza Horizon - Xbox Game pass renewing message wont' launch the game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon - Xbox Game pass renewing message wont' launch the game: Hello, I recently bought the game via Xbox Store, to own it. Not for Game Pass which I don't have. But when I try to launch it the console won't let me, showing the following message "looks like...
  8. Forza Horizon 4 On PC wont start because of expired game pass?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 4 On PC wont start because of expired game pass?: So 2 years ago I bought the Ultimate Edition of FH4 (Forza Horizon 4). I soon later learned after I got my first PC that you can play it on there as well. I have been playing it on PC for a year...
  9. Forza Horizon 4 wont connect to online servers

in XBoX on Windows
    Forza Horizon 4 wont connect to online servers: I am unable to connect to forza horizon 4 services, nothing that i am aware of has changed other than the fact i went from vdsl to fiber internet connection. This is what the diagnostics say when...
  10. Forza Horizon 4 wont launch

in XBoX on Windows
    Forza Horizon 4 wont launch: Hello guys, I'm new in this community so nice to meet you all. I'm having a problem with Forza Horizon 4 using Game Pass with PC. Whenever I try to launch it just pops a splash screen and then...