Forza Horizon 5 and Microsoft Store Gaming Services

Discus and support Forza Horizon 5 and Microsoft Store Gaming Services in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I am in desperate need of some help. For the past three months or so I have been plagued with Forza Horizon 5 gaming services bugs. When I launch Forza... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by atomgray88, May 12, 2022.

1. atomgray88
    atomgray88 Guest

I am in desperate need of some help. For the past three months or so I have been plagued with Forza Horizon 5 gaming services bugs. When I launch Forza Horizon 5, instead of actually launching the game, it always takes me to the gaming services Microsoft store page.

I have tried everything to solve this:

1. uninstalling Forza

2. uninstalling the Microsoft store

3. uninstalling gaming services

4. pushing my windows 10 save back to a later date where the game worked (I could play the game until I turned my computer off, after turning it back on, no more Forza, only Gaming Services)

5. attempting to use the repair and reset buttons within the app controller in windows 10

6. attempted to use the repair tool on the Xbox app. Every time I am met with some random error. (side note, verify and repair just uninstalls the game... EXACTLY what I didn't want to do anymore)

Continuing with number 6, When it does finish supposedly "verifying" and definitely not just uninstalling and reinstalling I am always met with another random error. I will update this page with findings as I come across them.

Another thing that may be giving me possible issues is I have two separate drives? Not even that makes sense to me

Please if anyone has any kind of solution that I did not already list above I would be more than willing to give almost anything a try

(note: no i will not be uninstalling windows and starting over fresh, that is insanity)

Thanks! Forza Horizon 5 and Microsoft Store Gaming Services :)

:)

atomgray88, May 12, 2022
  2. XER0_Gamez Win User

Forza Horizon 5 is not able to download to an external drive.

All of my Microsoft and Xbox games are downloaded on my external drive including the previous Horizon, which is Forza Horizon 4. I changed where new apps are stored when downloaded from the Microsoft store to my external drive but it still wont download Forza Horizon 5 to my external drive. On the Xbox app it wont show my external drive as an option to download to. I am able to download any game from the Microsoft store and Xbox app to my external drive except Forza Horizon 5.
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    Thanks for reaching out! I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you.
    I'll be happy to assist you out today.

Hope you're doing great today AtomGray

May I know if you already try uninstalling gaming services via powershell command?
    Also, is this happening only with Forza 5?
  4. lvnleysoul69 Win User

Incomplete download, after reboot cannot download nor can i free up space

Hi, I'm lvnley and this is what helped me and got Forza to download!
    1. Go into the Microsoft Store and search Forza Horizon 5 Standard Edition.
    2. Next you want to click on Forza Horizon 5 Standard Edition and you want to click Install from the Xbox app.
    3. This will take you to the Xbox app and when it takes you to the Forza game scroll down and look at the tab named "Included in this bundle" And click Forza Horizon 5.
    4. This should take you to the regular Forza Horizon 5 game rather than the Standard Edition, And then you want to click install and this should download the game.

Hope this helps have a good day!
  5. Francia J. Win User

forza horizon 5 on steam an dlc on Microsoft store

If you have the license for Forza Horizon 5 on your Microsoft account kindly install the base game from Microsoft Store so you can install the add-ons as well.
  6. xKomemamis. Win User

FH5 wont even start downloading on Xbox Game center on PC

If the last suggestions didn't help from Jesse here is mine that helped me.
    This is what helped me and got Forza to download.
    1. Go into the Microsoft Store and search Forza Horizon 5 Standard Edition.
    2. Next you want to click on Forza Horizon 5 Standard Edition and you want to click Install from the Xbox app.
    3. This will take you to the Xbox app and when it takes you to the Forza game scroll down and look at the tab named "Included in this bundle" And click Forza Horizon 5.
    4. This should take you to the regular Forza Horizon 5 game rather than the Standard Edition, And then you want to click install and this should download the game.
Thema:

1. Forza Horizon 5 and Microsoft Store Gaming Services - Similar Threads - Forza Horizon Microsoft

2. Microsoft Store (Gaming Services) opens when I attempt to start Forza Horizon 5

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Store (Gaming Services) opens when I attempt to start Forza Horizon 5: Hello. As mentioned in the title, I experience an issue where I am unable to launch Forza Horizon 5. I play the game using the PC GamePass. There is a link with a video that shows how it looks...
  3. Forza Horizon 5 Opening Gaming Services in the Microsoft Store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 5 Opening Gaming Services in the Microsoft Store: My Forza Horizon 5 game kept on opening the gaming services app in the Microsoft store. So, I decided to reinstall the gaming services app. Nothing changed. Then I reinstalled Forza Horizon 5. The...
  4. Forza Horizon 5 punch card on Microsoft Rewards not earning correctly

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 5 punch card on Microsoft Rewards not earning correctly: So, I recently activated the Forza Horizon 5 punch card of May, and I just earned several achievements after picking it up, and it won't progress through the card. I use the Cloud Gaming to play...
  5. Forza Horizon 5 - can't access online on child's Microsoft account despite granting full...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Forza Horizon 5 - can't access online on child's Microsoft account despite granting full...: I Purchased the Xbox game pass so that I could play Forza Horizon 5 with my kids, I am the Family organizer and have selected allow to all of the following on the children's accounts: You can...
  6. Forza Horizon 5 no longer in microsoft store library

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 5 no longer in microsoft store library: I bought Forza 5 Premium edition at launch and started having launch issues so I uninstalled the game. When I went to reinstall, the game is no longer in my Microsoft store library. The addons are...
  7. Forza horizon 5 transferring progress from microsoft store to Steam

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza horizon 5 transferring progress from microsoft store to Steam: I bought a gamepad, there was a code, I spent all 14 days on forza horizon 5, but I want to buy on steam, can I somehow move the progress? eb6cc4e0-d33a-4e5b-a8fe-d61159f04c49
  8. Can't update Forza Horizon 5 because of an issue on the microsoft store side

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't update Forza Horizon 5 because of an issue on the microsoft store side: I was trying to download the new update for FH5. When I did it gave me a message saying that we're having an issue on our side. I clicked the details and it said to go here. My PC is up to date,...
  9. Forza horizon 5 does not start, it takes me directly to microsoft store game services

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza horizon 5 does not start, it takes me directly to microsoft store game services: Good afternoon, I wanted to ask for help regarding Forza Horizon 5, for days I can not start the game. when I open it redirects me directly to the Microsoft store game services and never starts...
  10. I bought Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate Edition on Steam. Typed in the wrong Microsoft email,...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I bought Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate Edition on Steam. Typed in the wrong Microsoft email,...: [img] [img] When I tried to click the Fix it here button, the screen just show me this. I have already tried reinstalling the game, but the problem persist. **Edited to remove PII**...