Forza Horizon 5 Crashes on Both Windows 11 and 10 on brand new PC clean install

Discus and support Forza Horizon 5 Crashes on Both Windows 11 and 10 on brand new PC clean install in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Forza Horizon 5 (FH5) has been crashing continuously when in the loading screen after pressing continue and rarely (if lucky) crash right when I load... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MauzRanger, Aug 20, 2022.

1. MauzRanger
    MauzRanger Guest

Forza Horizon 5 (FH5) has been crashing continuously when in the loading screen after pressing continue and rarely (if lucky) crash right when I load into my car.

I have completed a clean install on Windows 11 with nothing but basic drivers with Windows updates, GeForce Experience along with it's drivers, Steam and FH5. This still causes the game to crash when loading.

Ran as Administrator multiple times as I am the only user on my PC anyways.

Disabled all overlays such as Xbox Game Bar and GeForce Experience.

Reinstalled the drivers through device manager.

Tried running in low graphics settings, also disabled V-Sync on GeForce Control Panel and in-game.

Verified game integrity multiple times.

No anti-virus other than standard Windows Security.

High performance power plan enabled.

Even did the same clean install on Windows 10 and it still crashes at that same point.

At this point, I'm at a loss that this game still crashes with the high specs below.

System Specs:

Ryzen 9 5900X (liquid cooled so temps are fine)

64GB of RAM

GeForce RTX 3090

1TB Corsair MP600 M.2 SSD (Only drive for now)

1000W PSU

:)

MauzRanger, Aug 20, 2022
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Windows 11 and Forza Horizon

Hi,

The URL you've hyperlinked is the same for both links. I can't find anywhere where it says Forza 5 does not run on Windows 11.

I'm not sure how you have lost access to your progress and in-app purchases, that is likely a separate issue. However, Windows 11 is not in beta, it's a full commercial release. It's been on general release since October 2021. Forza Horizon 5 is designed to run on both Windows 10 and Windows 11.

There should no incompatibilities for games between Windows 10 and Windows 11. I'm a PC gamer and I play Forza Horizon 5 via Windows 11 and it's working perfectly.

If you can provide some more details we may be able to help you further.
  3. TXTIM Win User

Windows 11 and Forza Horizon

It doesn't run for me either. Windows 11 + Forza Horizon 4 or 5 = Crash and Burn
  4. iRob87 Win User

Xbox Game Pass PC I can't install games (error:0x00000001)

I can't install both AoE IV and Forza Horizon 5 through Game Pass 0x00000001 error message. I tried everything, including a fresh install of Windows 11, but I still have this issue.
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Forza Horizon 5 Crashes

Please try disabling first all startup program, restart your PC and give it a new try.

If the issue persists:

Do you know if your graphics cards driver is up to date?
    About your Windows, are you on Windows 10 or 11?

And, your PC have both dedicated and discrete GPU? or only a dedicated GPU?

By the way, is this the first time that you play Forza Horizon 5? Or are you experiencing this issue recently? (And, only with this game is this happening?)
  6. Yarrokon Win User

Forza Horizon 5 Crash's on Windows 10 & Windows 11 PC.

I've been able to delete every rival notice that showed the Gap to Rival. However, I have three that won't display a time for the Gap to Rival. Trying to remove one of these DOES crash the game and then removes all other Rivals in the list.
Thema:

1. Forza Horizon 5 Crashes on Both Windows 11 and 10 on brand new PC clean install - Similar Threads - Forza Horizon Crashes

2. Forza Horizon 5 freezes and crashes on loading screen and Displays error message

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 5 freezes and crashes on loading screen and Displays error message: When i try to load onto forza horizon 5 it says an error message (see image) What Should I DO??? Please help! I am on Windows 11 and on the newest update. [img] 5e857659-e30c-4644-b419-d07a7b43c49e
  3. Forza Horizon 5 crashing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 5 crashing: My Forza Horizon 5 running off of Xbox app is crashing every 10 minutes or so. Xbox app doesn't show any error, game just freezes and close. Looking at the event viewer, I could see the error...
  4. Forza Horizon 5 crashing after pressing start in the start menu

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 5 crashing after pressing start in the start menu: Hi, I recently stumbled upon a big problem that causes me to not play FH5 anymore. 3 days ago I was playing FH5 and I closed the game. When I wanted to get back on the game, it suddenly crashed on...
  5. NEED HELP : Forza Horizon 4 - Crash with 0xc0000005

in XBoX Accessibility
    NEED HELP : Forza Horizon 4 - Crash with 0xc0000005: Hi all, need some help I will be losing my internet connection for a period of time soon, so wanted to ensure i had some games i could still play during that period.. One of which I bought was FH4...
  6. My Forza Horizon 5 crashes due to coded issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Forza Horizon 5 crashes due to coded issue: Hello, Whenever I try to launch Forza Horizon 5 on my computer, the program automatically closes itself in the first (playground intro) startup screen. It worked fine a few weeks before, but it...
  7. Forza Horizon 5 Crashes on PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 5 Crashes on PC: Split from this thread. I have basically the same issue but I installed the game through game pass. This is the only game that crashes on that machine, I can launch the game about 2/3rds of...
  8. Forza horizon 5 crashes at launch after the game update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza horizon 5 crashes at launch after the game update: I bought Forza horizon 5 from microsoft windows store. The game was working fine on my desktop pc for couple of months but recently it started crashing after the latest update without showing any...
  9. Forza Horizon 4 Crashing before game loads in.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 4 Crashing before game loads in.: Hey all, I am having an issue with FH4. So after I get to the main menu and press start game it does the splash screens, then the screen goes grey, then the app crashes. Any help would be...
  10. forza horizon 4 crash after continue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    forza horizon 4 crash after continue: Hey i bought forza horizon 4 for PC, after the install process i played half a hour and then the game crashed. after a start the game its carsh again after i click continue. please help... tnx...