Forza Horizon 5 error code 0x8007042b on Windows 11 pro

Discus and support Forza Horizon 5 error code 0x8007042b on Windows 11 pro in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi could you help me please, I am facing a problem with Forza Horizon 5 it shows the error code (0x8007042b) when launching it, the game was working... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by CJ.SYR, Aug 2, 2022.

1. CJ.SYR
    CJ.SYR Guest

Hi could you help me please, I am facing a problem with Forza Horizon 5 it shows the error code (0x8007042b) when launching it, the game was working great before the latest game update, reinstalling the game helped for a short time until the game got updated and then stopped launching showing the same error code, resetting the game, resetting Microsoft store, resetting the Xbox app and performing in-place upgrade did not help. Microsoft support could not help me and Forza support did not respond.

could this issue be solved or Windows 11 is incompatible with the game ?

Thank you

:)

CJ.SYR, Aug 2, 2022
  2. CJ.SYR Win User

Hello, . Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

If you haven't tried already, you could try to reinstall the gaming services and remove your Xbox accounts from the computer to sync again with the servers.

- Go to start > Search for PowerShell > Right click > Run as administrator. Type the following command and press enter:

get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers

- Press Windows + R and type in "regedit". Press enter.

- Search for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services

- Delete the folders "GamingServices", "GamingServices.net" (if they're still there).

- Click on Start > Search for Credential manager > Windows credentials. Search for Xbl|DeviceKey, click on it and then Remove. Also, remove all the XblGrts and XboxLive credentials.

- Delete Accounts and Cache folders at:
    %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.XboxIdentityProvider_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\TokenBroker

- Go to Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & features > Microsoft Store > Advanced Options > Repair, then Reset.

- Go to Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & features > Xbox App > Advanced Options > Repair, then Reset.

- Press Windows + R. Type TEMP and press enter. Delete all the files inside this folder. Repeat this step by typing %TEMP% and Prefetch. Delete everything on both folders too.

- Press Windows + R. Type WSRESET and press enter.

- Restart your computer. Run Powershell as administrator and run the following commands (one at a time):

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

(this command can show you some errors, this is normal, just wait until it finishes)

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

- Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt. Also sign in on the Microsoft store with your Microsoft account.

- Restart your computer one more time. Check your computer region/country and language and please make sure it is the same as your Microsoft account (https://account.microsoft.com/profile). Also check your time zone and date/time is correct.

- Go to Start > Type Services > Open it. Find all Xbox Services (Xbox Accessory Management Service, Live Auth Manager, Live Game Save, Live Networking Service, Gaming Services). Right Click > Properties> Set the startup type to Automatic. Also Start them.

If the issue persists and even doing a in-place upgrade did not help, I would say you would need to reach to the game developers and report this bug. I can give you more troubleshooting steps to do, but this looks like a game issue since other users are reporting this same error on Windows 11.

Waiting for your follow-up.
    Thank you for you answer, sadly these steps did not solve the issue, is there anyway to launch the game in compatibility mode for Windows 10 ?, otherwise I will report this bug to the game developers, since you have mentioned that other users are reporting this same error on Windows 11.
  3. Lucas Lauer Win User

Hello, CJ.SYR. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

If you haven't tried already, you could try to reinstall the gaming services and remove your Xbox accounts from the computer to sync again with the servers.

- Go to start > Search for PowerShell > Right click > Run as administrator. Type the following command and press enter:

get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers

- Press Windows + R and type in "regedit". Press enter.

- Search for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services

- Delete the folders "GamingServices", "GamingServices.net" (if they're still there).

- Click on Start > Search for Credential manager > Windows credentials. Search for Xbl|DeviceKey, click on it and then Remove. Also, remove all the XblGrts and XboxLive credentials.

- Delete Accounts and Cache folders at:

%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.XboxIdentityProvider_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\TokenBroker

- Go to Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & features > Microsoft Store > Advanced Options > Repair, then Reset.

- Go to Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & features > Xbox App > Advanced Options > Repair, then Reset.

- Press Windows + R. Type TEMP and press enter. Delete all the files inside this folder. Repeat this step by typing %TEMP% and Prefetch. Delete everything on both folders too.

- Press Windows + R. Type WSRESET and press enter.

- Restart your computer. Run Powershell as administrator and run the following commands (one at a time):

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

(this command can show you some errors, this is normal, just wait until it finishes)

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

- Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt. Also sign in on the Microsoft store with your Microsoft account.

- Restart your computer one more time. Check your computer region/country and language and please make sure it is the same as your Microsoft account (https://account.microsoft.com/profile). Also check your time zone and date/time is correct.

- Go to Start > Type Services > Open it. Find all Xbox Services (Xbox Accessory Management Service, Live Auth Manager, Live Game Save, Live Networking Service, Gaming Services). Right Click > Properties> Set the startup type to Automatic. Also Start them.

If the issue persists and even doing a in-place upgrade did not help, I would say you would need to reach to the game developers and report this bug. I can give you more troubleshooting steps to do, but this looks like a game issue since other users are reporting this same error on Windows 11.

Waiting for your follow-up.
  4. TXTIM Win User

Windows 11 and Forza Horizon

It doesn't run for me either. Windows 11 + Forza Horizon 4 or 5 = Crash and Burn
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Windows 11 and Forza Horizon

Hi,

The URL you've hyperlinked is the same for both links. I can't find anywhere where it says Forza 5 does not run on Windows 11.

I'm not sure how you have lost access to your progress and in-app purchases, that is likely a separate issue. However, Windows 11 is not in beta, it's a full commercial release. It's been on general release since October 2021. Forza Horizon 5 is designed to run on both Windows 10 and Windows 11.

There should no incompatibilities for games between Windows 10 and Windows 11. I'm a PC gamer and I play Forza Horizon 5 via Windows 11 and it's working perfectly.

If you can provide some more details we may be able to help you further.
  6. iRob87 Win User

Xbox Game Pass PC I can't install games (error:0x00000001)

I can't install both AoE IV and Forza Horizon 5 through Game Pass 0x00000001 error message. I tried everything, including a fresh install of Windows 11, but I still have this issue.
Thema:

1. Forza Horizon 5 error code 0x8007042b on Windows 11 pro - Similar Threads - Forza Horizon error

2. Error message on gifted copy of Forza Horizon 5 -> When you got a refund on Forza Horizon 5...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error message on gifted copy of Forza Horizon 5 -> When you got a refund on Forza Horizon 5...: A friend of mine gifted me a copy of Forza Horizon 5 : Ultimate Edition. I went to play it and get the error message "When you got a refund on Forza Horizon 5 it was removed from your device."...
  3. Error Code 0x80070005 how i fix that? (Forza Horizon 5) PC Game Pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error Code 0x80070005 how i fix that? (Forza Horizon 5) PC Game Pass: Hi, im installing forza horizon 5 but its stopping on 100% and it says error (0x80070005) how can i fix that? (PC Game Pass) 23004d67-3277-4b30-a651-2298b9df654f
  4. Cant update forza horizon 5, shows "Error"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant update forza horizon 5, shows "Error": So i tried to download the most recent update for forza horizon 5, the hot wheels expansion. It came out in three parts, and started downloading when i opened up the game from the desktop, with...
  5. Forza Horizon 5 Premium Edition doesn't work and doesn't install giving an Error 0% message...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 5 Premium Edition doesn't work and doesn't install giving an Error 0% message...: Hi I bought (pre-ordered) Forza Horizon 5 Premium Edition for PC when the game came out. I played it for more than a year and got tired of it, now that the DLC came out I wanted to play it again....
  6. Forza Horizon 5 game crashing with error code 0xc0000005

in XBoX Accessibility
    Forza Horizon 5 game crashing with error code 0xc0000005: I've gone through every possible option to get this game working, other than rolling back to Windows 10. All of the instructions here:...
  7. forza horizon 5 error on game pass on pC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    forza horizon 5 error on game pass on pC: Error code: (0x8007042b) Something went wrong launching your game. e14686c8-0629-4398-bdee-05ceb28d9e79
  8. Error 0x8007045d occours when trying to Open Forza Horizon 5

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error 0x8007045d occours when trying to Open Forza Horizon 5: I was trying to play FH5, when I got this message: Something went wrong Give it another try. If this happens again, visit xbox.com/errorhelp and enter the following code: 0x8007045d I don't...
  9. Downloading Forza Horizon 5 through game pass but getting an error with the storage

in XBoX on Consoles
    Downloading Forza Horizon 5 through game pass but getting an error with the storage: Hello, Some days ago I purchased an Xbox series S, I already had a Series X but I wanted another one for my living room. When I completed the installation and decided to download games I got an...
  10. Forza Horizon 5 weekly update error

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 5 weekly update error: I launch Forza Horizon 5 and i get a message telling me that my game needs an update. It says that the installation is in que, but when i check in the xbox app there is nothing in the que. If i...