Forza Horizon 5 game crashing with error code 0xc0000005

Discus and support Forza Horizon 5 game crashing with error code 0xc0000005 in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I've gone through every possible option to get this game working, other than rolling back to Windows 10. All of the instructions here:... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Painless6505, Jul 7, 2022.

1. Painless6505
    Painless6505 Guest

I've gone through every possible option to get this game working, other than rolling back to Windows 10. All of the instructions here:

https://support.forzamotorsport.net...My-Game-is-Not-Launching-or-is-Crashing-on-PC , don't fix issue.

Intel 12900k, EVGA 3080 FTW3 12GB, 2TB Corsair MP600 M.2 NVMe SSD, 32GB Corsair DDR5 5300MHz, Windows 11 Pro.

Ran the usual, sfc /scannow, chkdsk, dism etc.

Removed all software that could have caused issues (Logi Hub, EVGA Precision); ran game in clean boot, etc.

This worked flawlessly on Windows 10.

*** Moved from Windows / Windows 11 / Gaming ***

:)

Painless6505, Jul 7, 2022
  2. AzoraHusky Win User

Games are crashing after a power failure. (Solved)

I was playing Forza Horizon 4, and it seems to crash a lot sooner for some reason, with the same error code 0xc0000005. It seems what I did, didn't fix the problem.
  3. Jesse E' Win User

Forza Horizon 5 crashing 0xc0000005 error code

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

That is still listed as a known issue with the game. See the suggested troubleshooting here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/...
  4. Plamen Hristov Win User

Forza Horizon 5 Crashing. Code: 0xc0000005

I tried monitoring the RAM and noticed that my GPU spikes when the crash occurs. Not sure what that means if anything, but It freezes both my monitors for a sec, then the game closes, and everything returns to normal. Something that never happened on WIN 10 is that after the crash the GPU spike left some bugs, for example, a blacked-out Task Manager and Wallpaper Engine wallpapers. My graphic drivers are up-to-date, but it could maybe be a problem with the newest driver. If that was the case more people would have this problem so I just don't know anymore. It's stupid, to the point where I can barely get 5 mins of game time xd

[​IMG]
  5. gwhak Win User

I have the exact same problem, same outputs in event viewer. i've tried everything changing install directory's, disable firewall and defender, rehashing game files, /sfc, onboot memtest, disabling background apps, ghub / malwarebytes / msi afterburner / given admin rights to the game folder and launcher.

lowered the game settings (that gave me more time to drive around before the came crashed) i think its a memory problem with the game. when ever a event or a benchmark runs in game the ram boost up to 6,000,00 plus and then crashes, mostly on heavy ingame loading... prob a memory leak in a dll or something..

not clearing the memory after a called function. (talking out my **** there) kinda makes sense. we might need to upgrade pc (ram).... or its something wrong on forzas side.... GL tho i've tried everything... let me know if you solve it.

0xc0000005 has something to do with permissions. so something might be trying to connect to a server to dl data for your ingame profile or some race records. or some command function not pointing to the right place. in the games dll.... i'm just guessing now..

i've spent all night on a answer. literally 24 hours.
  6. olive2311 Win User

The game is crashing here with the same issue, also 32Gb of RAM, but it's the only game crashing that bad (sometimes it's crashing right after the splash screen..., sometimes when I drive for the first time when exiting the welcome page, sometimes after 5/10 minutes... very random).

Everything is up to date, so it's definitly in their ends.
Thema:

1. Forza Horizon 5 game crashing with error code 0xc0000005 - Similar Threads - Forza Horizon game

2. How do I erase my forza Horizon 4 and Forza Motorsport 6 games, so i can start over.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I erase my forza Horizon 4 and Forza Motorsport 6 games, so i can start over.: How do I erase my Forza Horizon 4 and Forza Motorsport 6 games, so i can start over, just like I just purchssed the game. 3361319d-9b96-4bc7-9f06-e37fe4ee009c
  3. Error Code 0x80070005 how i fix that? (Forza Horizon 5) PC Game Pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error Code 0x80070005 how i fix that? (Forza Horizon 5) PC Game Pass: Hi, im installing forza horizon 5 but its stopping on 100% and it says error (0x80070005) how can i fix that? (PC Game Pass) 23004d67-3277-4b30-a651-2298b9df654f
  4. Forza Horizon 5 DLC not working in game even though I have it downloaded and purchased

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 5 DLC not working in game even though I have it downloaded and purchased: Hi, I bought the forza horizon 5 premium edition a while back, close to launch, and it has been working just fine on my pc for some time. But when I tried to play the new hot wheels dlc, it brings...
  5. Forza horizon 5 keeps crashin on game startup

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza horizon 5 keeps crashin on game startup: I recently started having an issue with starting forza horizon 5, every time I open the game i automatically crashes after pressing enter to start or even clicking on the page. This is verry...
  6. I have a game that is Unistalled called forza Horizon 5 but its still here?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have a game that is Unistalled called forza Horizon 5 but its still here?: Here is how it beginns: i wanted to install the game but after 5 hours later i had an error and then i realised that i have the game. after i was trying to open it, it didnt open or do anything. i...
  7. forza horizon 5 error on game pass on pC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    forza horizon 5 error on game pass on pC: Error code: (0x8007042b) Something went wrong launching your game. e14686c8-0629-4398-bdee-05ceb28d9e79
  8. forza horizon 5 game pass premium add-ons

in XBoX Games and Apps
    forza horizon 5 game pass premium add-ons: hi when i got forza horizon 5 with game pass and i saw that you get premium add-ons when you get the game with game pass, is this true? p.s. i got this game last year and i'm fine if i have to...
  9. Forza Horizon 5 progress transfer from old game pass account to new game pass account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 5 progress transfer from old game pass account to new game pass account: Hi, I have just subscribed a new game pass account for my kid for his new PC i just got him. All this while we are sharing 1 PC and 1 game pass account between us. Is there a way for me to...
  10. Forza horizon 5 game progress lost twice

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza horizon 5 game progress lost twice: Hi people, I have been playing Forza horizon5 on my xbox one s for a while and I am experiencing game progress issues now. Yesterday, it just sent me to xbox home screen while I was playing so I...