Forza Horizon 5 gets stuck on preparing and then cancles - Windows 11

Discus and support Forza Horizon 5 gets stuck on preparing and then cancles - Windows 11 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; [img] Hi. I've been trying to install FH5 on windows 11 for the past two days but its just been stopping after being stuck on preparing for around 2... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Adrian Murthi, Nov 13, 2021.

1. Forza Horizon 5 gets stuck on preparing and then cancles - Windows 11

Forza Horizon 5 gets stuck on preparing and then cancles - Windows 11 [​IMG]

Hi. I've been trying to install FH5 on windows 11 for the past two days but its just been stopping after being stuck on preparing for around 2 minutes. Note I am running all the apps/windows to the latest updates.

Things I've tried:

Repairing/Resetting the Xbox app

Repairing/Resetting the Microsoft store

Reinstalling game services

Uninstalling the Xbox app

:)

Adrian Murthi, Nov 13, 2021
  2. L4c3rd4 Win User

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Vinicius.

I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

Hey Adrian, how are you today? Hope you're well.

For a couple of days now, Horizon 5 is exhibiting a few error's and problems, Microsoft acknowledge them here:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/...

And also Forza team:

https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us/ar...

Before reporting to Forza team:

https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us/re...

Try this:

Log out of your account on the app, reinstall it, restart your PC, and then log back in and try again. :)

If this doesn't work:

First, make sure your windows and all its services are up to date:

Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update;

Click Check for Updates;

Click the Download and Install Now option, if available;

Also, check the Microsoft Store for any updates on the Xbox apps and its services.

Then try this:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for gaming services app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then restore, open the app and try again.

Then do the same for the Xbox app:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for gaming services app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then restore, open the app and try again.

If it still doesn't work you're going to uninstall the games services using a powershell command, then you're going to open the gamepass app, it will ask you to download and install the game services again :

In the windows search bar type Powershell > Right click and select open as administrator > Type the command: "get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-Appxpackage –allusers" > Wait for the process to finish and then restart the PC, then open your Xbox gamepass app, it will ask you to install the gaming services again, install it and try again.

If neither of those procedures works, try to restore your PC's OS via the ISO image tool, using that tool you will be able to maintain your installed games and files.

If you're using Windows 10:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

If you're using Windows 11:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...
  3. Tezzarrific Win User

i had this, close the xbox app and start the download from the windows store, it then downloads ok, think its a bug with the xbox app.
  4. Tezzarrific Win User

i am also on the new store with windows 11, it let me install via the windows store. it was the only way to get it to install.

you have to go to it in the actual store listing not library or downloads and purchased.
  5. Adrian Murthi Win User

Hi, I've tried this already. The new windows store doesn't allow you to install FH5 through it. You have to install it through the Xbox app. It redirects you there. Thanks though
  6. mtdew0332 Win User

REVERT ANNIVERSARY UPDATE UNTIL MS FIXES THIS

Thema:

1. Forza Horizon 5 gets stuck on preparing and then cancles - Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Forza Horizon gets

2. Anyone get slight stick drift while playing Forza Horizon 5?

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone get slight stick drift while playing Forza Horizon 5?: I was playing Horizon 5 less than 30 minutes ago and when I went to view a car in the auto show my camera started drifting up. Anyone else had an issue with this? I will say it didn't happen while...
  3. Trying to get back progress from MS version Forza Horizon 5 after buying steam version

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to get back progress from MS version Forza Horizon 5 after buying steam version: I played Forza Horizon 5 om MS Store (profile , *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***), after I bought it on Steam but my account progress has lost. I know it is NOT...
  4. Forza Horizon 5 Premium Edition Stuck at 99% and i get error codes 0x80070005 and 0x803fb107

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 5 Premium Edition Stuck at 99% and i get error codes 0x80070005 and 0x803fb107: Forza Horizon 5 Premium Edition Stuck at 99% download and i get error codes 0x80070005 and 0x803fb107. Can anyone please help? 24923367-79f8-444d-9258-59ad309f0273
  5. Thrustmaster T150 doesn't get recognized in Forza Horizon 5

in XBoX on Consoles
    Thrustmaster T150 doesn't get recognized in Forza Horizon 5: So I have Forza Horizon 5 on Microsoft Store. I have installed the drivers and firmware of T150, and it's all up to date. When I go into Control Settings in Forza Horizon 5 and I try to set up my...
  6. while downloading the forza horizon 5 im getting the error '0x80073d0d

in XBoX Games and Apps
    while downloading the forza horizon 5 im getting the error '0x80073d0d: while downloading the forza horizon 5 I'm getting the error '0x80073d0d' I tried reinstalling it first it wasn't installing after 5hrs it suddenly started now the error happened again....
  7. In forza horizon 5 none of my money or cars saved and I didnt get any of it back

in XBoX Games and Apps
    In forza horizon 5 none of my money or cars saved and I didnt get any of it back: My forza didnt save CARS WHEN I OPENED IT FORZA HORIZON 5 6dd234fd-a7e9-4ad0-ba9d-ca6fa7ddd93f
  8. Forza Horizon 5 gets to 100% then gives me error code 0x8007001F after downloading all...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 5 gets to 100% then gives me error code 0x8007001F after downloading all...: Ive tried installing this game countless amount of times but everytime it gets to 100% and instantly gives me the error code. When I try restarting it it gives me the same error code 0x8007001F....
  9. I need to get the Xbox application on PC to locate Forza Horizon 5

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I need to get the Xbox application on PC to locate Forza Horizon 5: I have the game on an external hard drive and I cannot get the Xbox PC application to locate the game which is already fully installed on the hard drive. If somebody could help me I would be very...
  10. Forza Horizon 5 Black screen, but I get audio. Please help!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 5 Black screen, but I get audio. Please help!!: I launch the game, I get all the way to the Xbox game studios animation, and then my screen goes black, but I still get audio. I Alt+F4 out of the game, but I still am getting the audio. I have...