Forza Horizon 5 on PC game pass crashes on launch - issue with permissions?

Discus and support Forza Horizon 5 on PC game pass crashes on launch - issue with permissions? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there I have been trying for days to get Forza Horizon 5 on PC game pass to launch. I have tried all the advice I could find online (repairing the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by acfranco, Jul 3, 2022.

1. acfranco
    acfranco Guest

Hi there

I have been trying for days to get Forza Horizon 5 on PC game pass to launch. I have tried all the advice I could find online (repairing the Xbox app, re-installing Gaming Services, reinstalling Microsoft Visual C++, syncing date and time, turning of firewalls and antivirus, redownloading and re-installing the app, a clean install of Windows 10, etc.) but so far nothing has worked.

I am wondering if it could be an issue with permissions perhaps? The Event Viewer gives messages such as:

"The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

{37399C92-DC3F-4B55-AE5B-811EE82398AD}

and APPID

{37399C92-DC3F-4B55-AE5B-811EE82398AD} ... running in the application container Microsoft.GamingApp_2206.1001.5.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe ..."

Also application errors for C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.GamingServices_4.66.9001.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\GamingServicesUI\GamingServicesUI.exe
    Event ID 1000.

I have tried changing the DCOM permissions in the Component Services tool, but so far nothing has worked.

Any advice or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Regards.

:)

acfranco, Jul 3, 2022
  2. XBF - Hayabusa Win User

กดโหลด Forza Horizon 5 ใน โปรเเกรม Xbox เเล้วเผลอไปกดหยุด หลังจากนั้นก็ไม่สามารถกดโหลดต่อได้

สวัสดี

ขอบคุณที่ติดต่อฟอรั่ม ขออ ัยที่ทราบว่าคุณมีปัญหาในการดาวน์โหลด Forza Horizon 5

การสนับสนุน Forza มีบทความที่มีขั้นตอนการแก้ไขปัญหาหลายขั้นตอนซึ่งอาจช่วยได้ เกมของฉันไม่ได้เปิดตัวหรือขัดข้องบนพีซี - การสนับสนุน Forza (forzamotorsport.net)

ขอแสดงความนับถือ

Hayabusa

[ข้อความด้านบนแปลด้วยเครื่องและอาจไม่ใช่การแสดงโพสต์ต้นฉบับที่ถูกต้อง]

[The text above is machine translated and may not be an accurate representation of the original post]

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to the forums. Sorry to hear you are having issues downloading Forza Horizon 5.

Forza support has an article with several troubleshooting steps which may help. My Game is Not Launching or is Crashing on PC – Forza Support (forzamotorsport.net)

Regards,

Hayabusa
  3. XBF - Hayabusa Win User

Game pass not saving progress...

Hello,

Sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with Forza Horizon 5 crashing and losing your progress. That is definitely frustrating. Was this on PC or an Xbox console?

You can check the Forza Horizon support article which offers steps you can take, including submitting a ticket. I've lost all my progress, what do I do? – Forza Support (forzamotorsport.net)

Additional Support articles:

My Game is Not Launching or is Crashing on PC – Forza Support (forzamotorsport.net)

Forza Horizon 5 – Forza Support (forzamotorsport.net)

Games & apps | Xbox Support

For Forza Motorsport and Forza Horizon forums and community support, visit:

Forza Motorsport forums
  4. XBF-JoannaDark Win User

Forza Horizon 5 Crashing on startup

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to the Xbox forums! I am sorry to hear that you are struggling with crashing issues on startup with Forza Horizon 5 PC. I will provide the link on how to troubleshoot issues with the game crashing on PC; this pertains to all versions of Forza on PC. Second, are you running the game on Windows 10 or 11?

If you are having trouble launching your game on PC or are experiencing random crashes, Please thoroughly attempt all steps. Please click on this link My Game is Not Launching or is Crashing on PC – Forza Support (forzamotorsport.net)

I hope these suggestions help! If this answers your question, please mark the thread as “Answered.” Please let me know if any of these steps resolved the issue. Have a great day.
  5. RainingRoses Win User

Forza horizon 5

Okay, don’t worry. I’ll try to help here.

Did you try everything recommended in this support article?

My Game is Not Launching or is Crashing on PC - Forza Support

Also try to see if there’s any significant difference in the Microsoft/Xbox version if possible. You don’t necessarily need to purchase it as it’s available on Game Pass, but don’t worry if you’re not able to try this.

Forza Horizon 5 - Microsoft Store

Be sure to share the results here as this will help identify and pinpoint the error to hopefully find a solution.

Hope this helps.
  6. XBF - Hayabusa Win User

Win11运行的地平线5,崩溃了

很抱歉听到您的游戏崩溃了。可能有很多原 ,尤其是在PC上。

Forza 支持有一篇文 可帮助解决游戏崩溃问题,请按照以下步骤操作: 我的游戏未启动或在 PC 上崩溃 – Forza 支持 (forzamotorsport.net)

您还可以查看其 Forza Horizon 5 PC 规 ,以确保您的 PC 符合玩游戏的要求。

问候

隼鸟

[以上文字为机器翻译,可能 法准确代表原帖]

[The text above is machine translated and may not be an accurate representation of the original post]

Hello,

Sorry to hear your game is crashing. There could be a number of reasons, especially on PC.

Forza Support has an article to help troubleshoot game crashes, please follow each step: My Game is Not Launching or is Crashing on PC – Forza Support (forzamotorsport.net)

You can also check their Forza Horizon 5 PC Specs to make sure your PC meets the requirements to play the game.

Regards,

Hayabusa
Thema:

1. Forza Horizon 5 on PC game pass crashes on launch - issue with permissions? - Similar Threads - Forza Horizon game

2. Error Code 0x80070005 how i fix that? (Forza Horizon 5) PC Game Pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error Code 0x80070005 how i fix that? (Forza Horizon 5) PC Game Pass: Hi, im installing forza horizon 5 but its stopping on 100% and it says error (0x80070005) how can i fix that? (PC Game Pass) 23004d67-3277-4b30-a651-2298b9df654f
  3. Forza Horizon 5 DLC not working in game even though I have it downloaded and purchased

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 5 DLC not working in game even though I have it downloaded and purchased: Hi, I bought the forza horizon 5 premium edition a while back, close to launch, and it has been working just fine on my pc for some time. But when I tried to play the new hot wheels dlc, it brings...
  4. Forza horizon 5 keeps crashin on game startup

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza horizon 5 keeps crashin on game startup: I recently started having an issue with starting forza horizon 5, every time I open the game i automatically crashes after pressing enter to start or even clicking on the page. This is verry...
  5. Forza Horizon 5 game crashing with error code 0xc0000005

in XBoX Accessibility
    Forza Horizon 5 game crashing with error code 0xc0000005: I've gone through every possible option to get this game working, other than rolling back to Windows 10. All of the instructions here:...
  6. I have a game that is Unistalled called forza Horizon 5 but its still here?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have a game that is Unistalled called forza Horizon 5 but its still here?: Here is how it beginns: i wanted to install the game but after 5 hours later i had an error and then i realised that i have the game. after i was trying to open it, it didnt open or do anything. i...
  7. forza horizon 5 error on game pass on pC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    forza horizon 5 error on game pass on pC: Error code: (0x8007042b) Something went wrong launching your game. e14686c8-0629-4398-bdee-05ceb28d9e79
  8. forza horizon 5 game pass premium add-ons

in XBoX Games and Apps
    forza horizon 5 game pass premium add-ons: hi when i got forza horizon 5 with game pass and i saw that you get premium add-ons when you get the game with game pass, is this true? p.s. i got this game last year and i'm fine if i have to...
  9. Forza Horizon 5 progress transfer from old game pass account to new game pass account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 5 progress transfer from old game pass account to new game pass account: Hi, I have just subscribed a new game pass account for my kid for his new PC i just got him. All this while we are sharing 1 PC and 1 game pass account between us. Is there a way for me to...
  10. Forza horizon 5 game progress lost twice

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza horizon 5 game progress lost twice: Hi people, I have been playing Forza horizon5 on my xbox one s for a while and I am experiencing game progress issues now. Yesterday, it just sent me to xbox home screen while I was playing so I...