Fraud Charges even with all security standards set up

Discus and support Fraud Charges even with all security standards set up in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have searched the community, and have spent 6 hours on the phone with Microsoft inept support (in fact the last rep I spoke to played the I will just... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by GTR Bannar, Jan 26, 2021.

1. GTR Bannar
    GTR Bannar Guest

I have searched the community, and have spent 6 hours on the phone with Microsoft inept support (in fact the last rep I spoke to played the I will just be silent and hope this person goes away...after the previous rep hung up.)

here is my issue. We continue to have someone access the account and add/remove credit cards after they make purchases. We have followed all the security standards, it is not a person we know, it is not a teen stealing our cards. The hack is sophisticated in that they are adding different cards within our family and extended family, even when cancelled they are able to get the cards.

I am wits end with Microsoft as they offer no support what so ever. Welcome any thoughts on how to escalate for additional support and any other suggestions to try to address the issue...before I have the wipe the account.

My thoughts are they are tunneling through the xbox somehow - whether that is through a twitch hack or some other game.

Appreciate the communities help.

:)

GTR Bannar, Jan 26, 2021
  2. choppyseize Win User

Xbox one WPA Enterprise

As mentioned if there is additional security to work around. You need to contact the people in charge of setting that security up. Even if you did connect, The NAT type still may be strict and make gaming hard.
  3. bettyburke Win User

Microsoft Xbox multiple charges.

I contacted my bank after Microsoft would not refund the multiple charges. It is not the bank. They wouldn't charge that many times. They are opening a case to see about refunding the fraudulent charges and consider it fraud. They will start an investigation.
    Microsoft said that the account for Xbox had not been hacked, so it is a problem with Microsoft Xbox. All I get is a standard reply which says that I have reached the maximum amount of refunds for the year. Wonder how many other people have been scammed
    like this. Maybe the police should get involved since it appears to be fraud.
  4. AllyCDXX Win User

Been charged for almost a year for an inactive account- Was told to post here

If you have no clue where this acct came from and as far as you know it is a fraud acct then you need to call support at 1-800-4MYXBOX and tell them you card is being fraudulently charged for an acct you have never had and was never yours. They then cancelled
    the acct remove your cc and you are directed to your bank to set up a fraud investigation. Federal fraud laws require the bank to handle this and not the company involved when it comes to refunds for fraud.
  5. Smwutches Win User

FRAUD CHARGES

6. SUPERSOAKERx69 Win User

FRAUDULENT CHARGES

If in fact it is fraud you most DEFINITELY want to file this with your bank. Even if MS could give you a refund (which they can't) IT IS STILL FRAUD. You should file with your bank as soon as possible. I would also suggest putting more layers of security
    on your card.

But if your credit card number was stolen, but not the actual card,
    you are not liable at all for unauthorized use; any fraudulent credit charges are usually credited back to your account immediately after THEY ARE REPORTED to YOUR BANK.

So do yourself a favor and protect yourself by call or filing a report with your bank.
Thema:

1. Fraud Charges even with all security standards set up - Similar Threads - Fraud Charges security

2. Giftcard fraud

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Giftcard fraud: The other day i was charged on my credit card for purchasing a xbox giftcard for my non-active xbox account that i did not purchase. Noone has access to my account at all. After calling support...
  3. Billing glitch or fraud

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Billing glitch or fraud: Hello, I purchased vbucks for my son and now I have more than 30 charges for the same amount on my account. I have frozen and removed cards. I had to add a payment method for our subscription and...
  4. Fraud on xbox account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fraud on xbox account: So begining January 2021 I had an unauthorised purchase on my profile for xbox gold. After making sure all my passwords were changed and authenticator switched on(thought it was already) I...
  5. Fraud! Microsoft supports it!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fraud! Microsoft supports it!: So, my wife's ex had her bank info saved to his xbox account. He is now using her banking info to purchase xbox live, and microsoft has no way to remove, stop, or reverse these charges. When we...
  6. Fraud purchases on my XBox account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fraud purchases on my XBox account: Three days ago I received an email that there was a purchase of a $200 gift card and two $700 laptops. I checked the order history and saw they were being shipped out of state to an address in St...
  7. FRAUD CHARGES

in XBoX on Mobile
    FRAUD CHARGES: I NEED SOMEONE TO CALL ME ASAP ABOUT DEBIT CHARGES ON MY DEBIT CARD. [mod removed] 257b7b29-65a2-4b78-8bd7-b464ed833002
  8. Fraud charges on unknown mirosoft account.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fraud charges on unknown mirosoft account.: I somehow had my credit card number stolen a year ago. Several charges were made to XBOX live, even during the night that we were reporting it to the bank. The bank stopped them, issued a new...
  9. FRAUD CHARGES BY EPIC GAMES NOT HACKERS

in XBoX Games and Apps
    FRAUD CHARGES BY EPIC GAMES NOT HACKERS: I am being continuously fraudulent charged by Epic Games. When looking under billing in my account, it states. I've made zero transaction an 0 purchases. However, they continue to drain my...
  10. Xbox one x fraud double charges nov 14 2018. Replied was denied is unceptable

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox one x fraud double charges nov 14 2018. Replied was denied is unceptable: got this today that i asked since nov 14 and now got reply. This happen from fallout 76 atom store sales, game is a disaster server or world never found, after sales done bank sho same item same...