Fraudulent charges from stolen bank info

Discus and support Fraudulent charges from stolen bank info in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My credit card information was stolen and used to make $250.00 in purchases in a matter or hours. Microsoft acknowledges the charges as fraud and that... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BiteableFiend75, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Fraudulent charges from stolen bank info

My credit card information was stolen and used to make $250.00 in purchases in a matter or hours. Microsoft acknowledges the charges as fraud and that they weren't from my live account but from another, but since the theif won't validate their account I'm
    not eligible for any kind of refund. What do I do now? The people I been in contact with through Microsoft keep giving me the run around and I'm not making any progress

:)

BiteableFiend75, Dec 3, 2017
  2. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    X box fraud.....

You would need to contact the bank or whoever it is that the money came from and alert them of a fraudulent charge.

Smwutches, Dec 3, 2017
  3. trying to actually speak/get in touch with any type of xbox support is impossible so do not buy stick with ps4 and there excellant support

I also feel better being with xbox because I'm not afraid of my credit card details being stolen which is what happened on PSN 4 days ago... again...

www.ign.com/.../hacked-psn-accounts-used-to-make-fraudulent-charges

NathanielLarson, Dec 3, 2017
  4. M3tal Daz3
    M3tal Daz3 Guest

This is a matter concerning the law enforcement not xbox support.

I suggest you to pursue this issue with the law enforcement in your area.

M3tal Daz3, Dec 3, 2017
  5. M3tal Daz3 Win User

This is a matter concerning the law enforcement not xbox support.

I suggest you to pursue this issue with the law enforcement in your area.
  6. Smwutches Win User

X box fraud.....

You would need to contact the bank or whoever it is that the money came from and alert them of a fraudulent charge.
  7. Puppy Fujo Win User

Been scammed

To get you fraudulent charges reversed, please contact your bank or financial institution and report the fraudulent charges. This is the process for all fraudulent charges on your account. It is no different with Microsoft charges than it would be if you
    saw charges from McDonald's you didn't make. It would be advisable and your financial institution will probably do it any way but your cards will be replaced to prevent unauthorized charges going forward. This is the standard process. This is why it is important
    to monitor your statements and report any unauthorized transactions to your financial institution. This really shouldn't be new information.
  8. steeledwand7664 Win User

Been scammed

Did this happen on one of your MS accounts?

Or did you just see this on your bank statement?

If it was just on your bank statement then that means that someone has gotten ahold of your banking information and you can contact xbox support by the link that was previously given and they can look up any account that your credit/debit card is currently
    on and remove the card from that account.

As far as the charges are concerned if your card was on a different account and those charges were made to that account then they would definitely be fraudulent charges in which case you would need to talk to your financial institution about putting in a
    fraudulent charge claim.
  9. juan van Win User

Account was hacked for a bit...

Contact support to start an Unauthorized access investigation, also start a claim with your bank to the fraudulent charges to get a refund there. Also change the password on All your accounts that use the same email as your WLID info.

support.xbox.com/contact-us
Thema:

1. Fraudulent charges from stolen bank info - Similar Threads - Fraudulent charges stolen

2. Fraudulent Charges

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Fraudulent Charges: Okay, so here is my question. Why can't Microsoft let you refute gift card purchases that were made and redeemed on a different account? I was told the only recourse was to contact my financial...
  3. Suggestion: Create another support group to stop fraudulent accounts

in XBoX on Consoles
    Suggestion: Create another support group to stop fraudulent accounts: Hi, I am not sure if this is the correct forum to bring this up. A friend has no Xbox nor an MS account but his credit card was used on an account that was not his. His bank was able to trace the...
  4. Ongoing fraudulent Microsoft XBox charges on my VISA credit card

in XBoX on Consoles
    Ongoing fraudulent Microsoft XBox charges on my VISA credit card: So starting in May, I saw several small charges on my credit card statement from MICROSOFT*XBOXBILL.INFOWA. I called up my credit card company to report and they reversed charges and deactivated...
  5. How Xbox Handles Fraudulent Charges

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    How Xbox Handles Fraudulent Charges: What I am about to tell you has taken Six months, and the capital "S" in six, is intentional to add emphasis to this comically frustrating endeavor. It all started October 12th, 2018, when I...
  6. Fraudulent Charges

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fraudulent Charges: Looks like fraudulent charges are very common for Microsoft. This is the second time I've had to cancel a debit/credit card due to this issue. Is there nothing Microsoft can do to tighten security...
  7. FRAUDULENT CHARGES

in XBoX on Consoles
    FRAUDULENT CHARGES: Microsoft is such a joke, I currently have unauthorized charges on my personal bank account from Microsoft, after multiple associates attempting to do an expansive search for the full card number...
  8. Fraudulent Charges

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fraudulent Charges: I just received a charge through my debit card for $31.79, with the header, "Microsoft Xbox". I don't have a card or any payment type connected to my account. (card has already been cancelled) How...
  9. Fraudulent Charges to Account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fraudulent Charges to Account: How does one get a refund for fraudulent charges to my xbox live account? Foreign based customer NO-SERVICE is completely useless. 60699c53-6b4d-4fa4-ad3d-8432e8ee530e
  10. fraudulent charges help !!

in XBoX on Consoles
    fraudulent charges help !!: I've had 3 charges in the last week im afraid to look further back what can i do ?! 93d85a1d-5f74-4e14-b56a-29560d0e9e7e