Fraudulent Charges to Account

Discus and support Fraudulent Charges to Account in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; How does one get a refund for fraudulent charges to my xbox live account? Foreign based customer NO-SERVICE is completely useless.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by User 91918, Sep 18, 2018.

1. User 91918
    User 91918 Guest

How does one get a refund for fraudulent charges to my xbox live account? Foreign based customer NO-SERVICE is completely useless.

:)

User 91918, Sep 18, 2018
  2. Account was banned while it was in possession of a hacker

You will need to contact Microsoft directly and let him know fraudulent charges on that account

scottygilbert, Sep 18, 2018
  3. trying to actually speak/get in touch with any type of xbox support is impossible so do not buy stick with ps4 and there excellant support

I also feel better being with xbox because I'm not afraid of my credit card details being stolen which is what happened on PSN 4 days ago... again...

www.ign.com/.../hacked-psn-accounts-used-to-make-fraudulent-charges

NathanielLarson, Sep 18, 2018
  4. EddieDaddy85
    EddieDaddy85 Guest

Hello,

you need to be more specific when you describe a problem in order to get proper assistance.

Do you think you have been hacked, or you made unwanted purchase?

Please describe your problem.

EddieDaddy85, Sep 18, 2018
  5. ChiefJoboo
    ChiefJoboo Guest
    For fradulent charges that were not made by you or a family member without your consent please contact xbox support via phone immediately. See here and select "get a call back" after choose your section, billing and then No thanks to the virtual assistant
    and then Other - you should not select request a refund as that does not talk to a person directly.

Contact Us | Xbox Support

If you are out of the countries that are supported for xbox live here's the international number for USA xbox support: 1-425-635-7180 (has toll charge).

If you are within a country that is supported you will have a callback feature on the contact us page above.

If you can not get a callback and do not wish to use the toll number you could choose the "request a refund" option and apply for one and I would also suggest securing your account:

Compromised Microsoft Account Help | Hacked Microsoft Account Help

And please consider adding 2-step verification to your account:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12408/microsoft-account-about-two-step-verification

-----------

If this charge was done by a family member with access to your account you could still apply for a refund but it may not be accepted. See here to prevent unauthorized charges by children or other family members:

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/security/prevent-unauthorized-purchases

ChiefJoboo, Sep 18, 2018
  6. Saeleth
    Saeleth Guest
    Hi there,

I would recommend reaching out to MS Billing Support as this is an issue they should be able to assist you with.

Saeleth, Nov 2, 2018
  7. EddieDaddy85 Win User

Hello,

you need to be more specific when you describe a problem in order to get proper assistance.

Do you think you have been hacked, or you made unwanted purchase?

Please describe your problem.
  8. ChiefJoboo Win User

For fradulent charges that were not made by you or a family member without your consent please contact xbox support via phone immediately. See here and select "get a call back" after choose your section, billing and then No thanks to the virtual assistant
    and then Other - you should not select request a refund as that does not talk to a person directly.

http://support.xbox.com/contact-us

If you are out of the countries that are supported for xbox live here's the international number for USA xbox support: 1-425-635-7180 (has toll charge).

If you are within a country that is supported you will have a callback feature on the contact us page above.

If you can not get a callback and do not wish to use the toll number you could choose the "request a refund" option and apply for one and I would also suggest securing your account:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-account/security/compromised-account-solution

And please consider adding 2-step verification to your account:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12408/microsoft-account-about-two-step-verification

-----------

If this charge was done by a family member with access to your account you could still apply for a refund but it may not be accepted. See here to prevent unauthorized charges by children or other family members:

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/security/prevent-unauthorized-purchases
  9. Saeleth Win User

Hi there,

I would recommend reaching out to MS Billing Support as this is an issue they should be able to assist you with.
  10. scottygilbert Win User

Account was banned while it was in possession of a hacker

You will need to contact Microsoft directly and let him know fraudulent charges on that account
  11. Puppy Fujo Win User

Been scammed

To get you fraudulent charges reversed, please contact your bank or financial institution and report the fraudulent charges. This is the process for all fraudulent charges on your account. It is no different with Microsoft charges than it would be if you
    saw charges from McDonald's you didn't make. It would be advisable and your financial institution will probably do it any way but your cards will be replaced to prevent unauthorized charges going forward. This is the standard process. This is why it is important
    to monitor your statements and report any unauthorized transactions to your financial institution. This really shouldn't be new information.
Thema:

1. Fraudulent Charges to Account - Similar Threads - Fraudulent Charges Account

2. Disputed 4 months of fraudulent Gold charges, every game I've purchased on the card is...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Disputed 4 months of fraudulent Gold charges, every game I've purchased on the card is...: So, I filed a dispute charge on some Gold subscription from a year and some ago. Received about $40 back. Looked on my games on my account today to see $275 invalidated and unable to be downloaded...
  3. Fraudulent charges on visa for xbox account that I do not have

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fraudulent charges on visa for xbox account that I do not have: I have been charged several times on my debit card by Microsoft box for the past month. Each time I have caught these charges and reported them to my financial institution. Each time, they have...
  4. Fraudulent xbox charges on my credit card.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fraudulent xbox charges on my credit card.: Over the past year, I've had several xbox charges to my credit card (games and such). I have the invoices from AMEX, which lists the user name (not mine) and what they purchased. I've spoken to...
  5. Fraudulent charges

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Fraudulent charges: I had to make a second dispute with my bank of fraudulent charges. Please be aware of anyone using Xbox Gamer Tag [mod removed] a7879785-9956-4542-8793-8405a53f6b4f
  6. trying to find a fraudulent charge on my card

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    trying to find a fraudulent charge on my card: ok so last night 6/4/20 at 620 pm a charge was made on my wifes debit card for Microsoft XBOX for 49.99.. she was sitting next to me and of coarse wanted to know what i purchased but i had not...
  7. Fraudulent Charges

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Fraudulent Charges: So I look at my paypal about 3 weeks ago and see someone used my paypal and ordered XBOX Gold 12 months and EA access 12 month... ($90) ... I call Xbox and they dont see it and they look at...
  8. What should I do to report fraudulent charges?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    What should I do to report fraudulent charges?: I was charged for two different purchases that I did not authorize or was in any way involved in. I tried to contact Microsoft customer service chat, but they say they won't refund "my purchases"...
  9. Fraudulent Charges

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Fraudulent Charges: Okay, so here is my question. Why can't Microsoft let you refute gift card purchases that were made and redeemed on a different account? I was told the only recourse was to contact my financial...
  10. Ongoing fraudulent Microsoft XBox charges on my VISA credit card

in XBoX on Consoles
    Ongoing fraudulent Microsoft XBox charges on my VISA credit card: So starting in May, I saw several small charges on my credit card statement from MICROSOFT*XBOXBILL.INFOWA. I called up my credit card company to report and they reversed charges and deactivated...