Fraudulent Charges

Discus and support Fraudulent Charges in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Looks like fraudulent charges are very common for Microsoft. This is the second time I've had to cancel a debit/credit card due to this issue. Is there... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TonyaRay1, Dec 16, 2018.

1. TonyaRay1
    TonyaRay1 Guest

Fraudulent Charges

Looks like fraudulent charges are very common for Microsoft. This is the second time I've had to cancel a debit/credit card due to this issue. Is there nothing Microsoft can do to tighten security measures? What can I do as a customer to ensure this
    won't happen again?

:)

TonyaRay1, Dec 16, 2018
  2. SUPERSOAKERx69 Win User

FRAUDULENT CHARGES

If in fact it is fraud you most DEFINITELY want to file this with your bank. Even if MS could give you a refund (which they can't) IT IS STILL FRAUD. You should file with your bank as soon as possible. I would also suggest putting more layers of security
    on your card.

But if your credit card number was stolen, but not the actual card,
    you are not liable at all for unauthorized use; any fraudulent credit charges are usually credited back to your account immediately after THEY ARE REPORTED to YOUR BANK.

So do yourself a favor and protect yourself by call or filing a report with your bank.
  3. HAZMAT RADIO Win User

FRAUDULENT CHARGES

If its fraud, you're not going to get a refund.

If someone else used your card at walmart and then you show up later at walmart saying give me my money back , same result. No money given.

Your card, you and your banks responsibility when there's fraud. It's up to the bank to deal with the fraud investigation
  4. steeledwand7664 Win User

FRAUDULENT CHARGES

The person that used your card would not get away with it part of the fraud process through your bank would be what is called a chargeback basically MS will take away the licenses to the purchases that were made if they were games or DLC or whatever and
    MS will see this as Marketplace theft and permanently ban ANY account that those purchases were made on.

As far as the credit card information even if they could find an account with the card on it currently unless you could verify ownership of the account by getting a verification code sent to any phone or email on the account they would not be able to tell
    you anything about the account. And you would still need to file a fraud claim with your bank.

Think about it this way if someone were to get your card information and go online and make purchases say at any online retailer even if you contact that retailer and try and get information about the transaction for privacy purposes they would not be able
    to give you any information about that account that made the purchases and would tell you that you would need to file a fraud claim with your bank.
  5. Ryu Hayabusa KT Win User

Fraudulent Charges

Hello, sorry for your problem. I advise you to contact your bank to appeal. For Microsoft contact support: https://support.xbox.com/
    Send them a COPY of the response you got from Paypal.
    Hoping that you will be reimbursed. Also remember to change your Microsoft and Paypal passwords regularly to preventthis from happening again.

cordially
    Ryu

6. sheanash Win User

Fraudulent Charges

But Microsoft redeemed the gift cards to someone's account! That someone is the thief. The person getting the giftcards does not know my credit card information, Microsoft has this, likely all they had was my password. I changed my password and downloaded
    the Microsoft authenticator app to my phone, but literally someone redeemed this specific gift cards to their specific xbox account THAT MICROSOFT KNOWS! It shouldn't require anything but some button pushing to track them down.
Thema:

Fraudulent Charges

1. Fraudulent Charges - Similar Threads - Fraudulent Charges

2. Fraudulent charges

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Fraudulent charges: I had to make a second dispute with my bank of fraudulent charges. Please be aware of anyone using Xbox Gamer Tag [mod removed] a7879785-9956-4542-8793-8405a53f6b4f
  3. trying to find a fraudulent charge on my card

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    trying to find a fraudulent charge on my card: ok so last night 6/4/20 at 620 pm a charge was made on my wifes debit card for Microsoft XBOX for 49.99.. she was sitting next to me and of coarse wanted to know what i purchased but i had not...
  4. Fraudulent Charges

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Fraudulent Charges: So I look at my paypal about 3 weeks ago and see someone used my paypal and ordered XBOX Gold 12 months and EA access 12 month... ($90) ... I call Xbox and they dont see it and they look at...
  5. What should I do to report fraudulent charges?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    What should I do to report fraudulent charges?: I was charged for two different purchases that I did not authorize or was in any way involved in. I tried to contact Microsoft customer service chat, but they say they won't refund "my purchases"...
  6. Fraudulent Charges

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Fraudulent Charges: Okay, so here is my question. Why can't Microsoft let you refute gift card purchases that were made and redeemed on a different account? I was told the only recourse was to contact my financial...
  7. Ongoing fraudulent Microsoft XBox charges on my VISA credit card

in XBoX on Consoles
    Ongoing fraudulent Microsoft XBox charges on my VISA credit card: So starting in May, I saw several small charges on my credit card statement from MICROSOFT*XBOXBILL.INFOWA. I called up my credit card company to report and they reversed charges and deactivated...
  8. How Xbox Handles Fraudulent Charges

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    How Xbox Handles Fraudulent Charges: What I am about to tell you has taken Six months, and the capital "S" in six, is intentional to add emphasis to this comically frustrating endeavor. It all started October 12th, 2018, when I...
  9. FRAUDULENT CHARGES

in XBoX on Consoles
    FRAUDULENT CHARGES: Microsoft is such a joke, I currently have unauthorized charges on my personal bank account from Microsoft, after multiple associates attempting to do an expansive search for the full card number...
  10. Fraudulent Charges to Account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fraudulent Charges to Account: How does one get a refund for fraudulent charges to my xbox live account? Foreign based customer NO-SERVICE is completely useless. 60699c53-6b4d-4fa4-ad3d-8432e8ee530e

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fraudulent xbox charges

2. XBOX PASS FRAUD billing on card