Free Gamepass Notification in Windows 11 Xbox App

Discus and support Free Gamepass Notification in Windows 11 Xbox App in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; This is now tantamount to spam! Every single time I start up the Xbox app on PC I'm met with a notification telling me I have a free gamepass for this... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Elfishgene, Nov 25, 2021.

1. Elfishgene
    Elfishgene Guest

This is now tantamount to spam! Every single time I start up the Xbox app on PC I'm met with a notification telling me I have a free gamepass for this device, except of course I don't! Once clicked it leads to a payment page. This is now driving me crazy, as no amount of re-installs, registery edits or deletes anywhere else changes it. Linked is a screenshot of the offending article.
    Free Gamepass Notification in Windows 11 Xbox App [​IMG]

:)

Elfishgene, Nov 25, 2021
  2. Shaggy2000 Win User

Is this a new PC that you've recently bought? if so there may be a code printed on some documentation or the code could be digital, in which case.

Go to store-> Downloads and Updates-> "Included with device" on left
  3. Farscape247 Win User

Are they ever going to have a game pass section on the PC app?

no point as in windows 11 the store directs you to the xbox app for games now, you have to use the xbox app to initiate game downloads (even bought games) and use gamepass games too.

all that and yet it is still the windows store that downloads the stuff in the background.
  4. HomegrownSilky Win User

XBOX GAMES FOR PC LOST AFTER DOWNLOADING MICROSOFT 11

Lois, let me see if I understand. You're subscribed to Gamepass, right?

When you open the Xbox app on your PC, no games are showed there? What exactly the app showed you when you open it?

Also, you said you installed, 11 of them, you cannot see them installed on your PC?
    They installed Windows 11, not "installed 11" games.
  5. AhmadAskari Win User

Can't play any games on GamePass except the ones on EA Play for PC

No, They are not. I had GamePass PC earlier and everything used to work properly but then one day I got notification that there is an offer on GamePass Ultimate so I upgraded but since the day GamePass PC subscription ended and GamePass Ultimate subscription started, I can only launch games that are on EA Play and that too from EA Desktop App only.

Now, because the GamePass Ultimate was a 3 month subscription, so I can't even go back to GamePass PC until it's over.

Any game that launches from Xbox app for Windows fails to launch and tried repairing and resetting the Xbox and Microsoft Apps, sign-out and then again sign-in on both the apps but still same thing.

For Example, Forza Horizon 4 used to work earlier but now it does not.
  6. Onyx Is Here Win User

Discord nitro/game pass ultimate

Sorry to hear it. Xbox is aware of the problem and have announced that a notification should be sent to you from within either the Xbox Companion App or the Beta App for Gamepass
Thema:

1. Free Gamepass Notification in Windows 11 Xbox App - Similar Threads - Free Gamepass Notification

2. Can you get Minecraft for Windows 10 edition for free with gamepass or already owned...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can you get Minecraft for Windows 10 edition for free with gamepass or already owned...: If you have game pass, can you get Windows 10 edition Minecraft for free? (I basically mean the screen that says unlock the full game) Because, I did have Minecraft for Nintendo Switch and I used...
  3. got xbox gamepass ultimate but dont see disney plus 30 day free trail

in XBoX on Consoles
    got xbox gamepass ultimate but dont see disney plus 30 day free trail: i have purchased xbox gamepass ultimate but I don't see disney plus 3 months free trail in my xbox app on my perks , also I don't own any xbox console is that the reason I am not getting disney...
  4. New PC, Free Gamepass offer went away and now there is a GamerTag and account associated...

in XBoX Accessibility
    New PC, Free Gamepass offer went away and now there is a GamerTag and account associated...: Got a new gaming laptop last week. Every boot would offer a free month of GamePass. I didn't want to activate it yet so just kept closing it. Today when booting it auto-loaded Xbox, no free month...
  5. [PC] Free game on gamepass says I already own it but it doesn't appear in my library

in XBoX on Windows
    [PC] Free game on gamepass says I already own it but it doesn't appear in my library: Hey! So right now Tell me Why (episode 1-3) is free on Microsoft Store (and Gamepass). Not being experienced with Xbox games on PC, I claimed it on Microsoft Store assuming it was one and the...
  6. Gamepass perk 1 month free Disney+

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Gamepass perk 1 month free Disney+: Hi I went to claim this perk on my xboxoneS,entered my e-mail as requested got my 6 digit code, went back to enter the code which read 000000, clicked on the first 0 to start entering code only to...
  7. Will my xbox live gold disappear when I start a 14 day free trial for the xbox gamepass

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Will my xbox live gold disappear when I start a 14 day free trial for the xbox gamepass: I want to know if my gold will be cancelled when I cancel my 14 day free trial for the xbox gamepass c9f783c0-77d6-4f1a-aa41-6d58694580b6
  8. Free month of gamepass but code expired :(

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Free month of gamepass but code expired :(: Hi, I noticed I received a code via Xbox Messages for free game pass for a month but it was expired when I read it, is there anyway I can redeem it still. Thank you,...
  9. Missing promo code for free GamePass month

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Missing promo code for free GamePass month: Hi, Last month I set my GamePass subsription to reaccurring billing via paypal after I ran into the tip on Windows Central. To my understanding the promo also applied to existing subscriptions....
  10. GamePass (Free 1 Month Promo for paying with PayPal)

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    GamePass (Free 1 Month Promo for paying with PayPal): Hi, I clicked on the promo on my Xbox for purchasing a month of GamePass with your PayPal account and recieving a free month in return. I spoke with Microsoft Support and they referred me here....