FreeSync not available on the Xbox One X using 120hz

Discus and support FreeSync not available on the Xbox One X using 120hz in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I just bought a HP 25X monitor to use for my Xbox One X and the "allow variable refresh rate" option is greyed out. The monitor supports 1080p at... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by TBI330, Apr 10, 2019.

1. TBI330
    TBI330 Guest

I just bought a HP 25X monitor to use for my Xbox One X and the "allow variable refresh rate" option is greyed out.

The monitor supports 1080p at 144hz and has FreeSync technology.

My question is: Is the Freesync/"allow variable refresh rate" option not available when you switch to 120hz?

I did enable FreeSync on my monitor and IT DOES WORK when switched to 60hz, but I cannot select "allow variable refresh rate" (the option is greyed out) when switched to 120hz.

Also, is this option important to have/enable when playing games at 120hz? What exactly does FreeSync technology do? Is FreeSync only used when playing games at 60hz?

Thanks for taking the time to read my post! Any responses will be appreciated.

P.S.

Would it be better to play games using FreeSync at 60hz or not using FreeSync at 120hz?

:)

TBI330, Apr 10, 2019
  2. Pauldwin Win User

Unable to 120Hz at 1440p Even Though Monitor Supports 144Hz at 1440p

You're a little discombobulated there.

I can display 1440p ONLY at 144Hz, and cannot at 120Hz on Xbox. I can only display 1440p at 60Hz on Xbox one X.

Yes I can display 1440p at 60Hz with Freesync - Although 120Hz without Freesync would still technically be better but unfortunately that is not possible with the restrictions on Xbox one X.

I use 1440p @ 60Hz settings with Freesync and HDR with 32 bit color. I get a pretty damn good picture but I'm just a little upset I can't use the 120Hz feature.
  3. dr1edker Win User

Unable to 120Hz at 1440p Even Though Monitor Supports 144Hz at 1440p

Yeah, my bad - its 1440p/120hz OR 1080p/60hz with freesync .

My question is - is it possible to turn on freesync 2 with this Agon monitor in 1440p/60hz on xbox one x?
  4. yobrizo Win User

The Freesync is usually available for lower values
  5. Whitey Black Win User

FreeSync is an adaptive synchronization technology for liquid-crystal displays that support a dynamic refresh rate, aimed at reducing tearing and stuttering caused by misalignment with content's frame rate.
    FreeSync was developed by AMD and first announced in 2014 to compete against Nvidia's proprietary G-Sync.

check this link https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-one-freesync
  6. GreenHawk84 Win User

Xbox One X Freesync Horizontal Lines

Hello, thank you for the tips. Unfortunately the reset did not work. I was able to plug in my friends Xbox One X and it displayed the same scrolling bands using Freesync at 4K 60Hz. It is my understanding that Xbox One X actually does not do Freesync
    at 1440p 120Hz, yet it is selectable. I would recommend in a software update to gray out Freesync when 1440p 120Hz is selected.

Anyway, Samsung appears unaware of the issue. I created a Reddit post on Xbox and many users have reached out, some claiming the same issue on other Samsung models that support Freesync on Xbox. Hopefully this can be resolved by an update to either Xbox
    or Samsung firmware or both. It is unfortunate to pay so much for high end features and have issues.
Thema:

1. FreeSync not available on the Xbox One X using 120hz - Similar Threads - FreeSync available using

2. Best Automatically Compatible Xbox One X 120Hz Freesync Monitors With 1MS Response Time?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Best Automatically Compatible Xbox One X 120Hz Freesync Monitors With 1MS Response Time?: Any recommendations for good compatible gaming monitors that support Xbox One X's 120Hz with Freesync working simultaneously, preferably with a 1ms response time? I've been searching around and...
  3. Freesync xbox one x

in XboX Insiders
    Freesync xbox one x: Hey everyone, some time ago I bought the asus VP28UQG Monitor which comes with freesync via hdmi 2.0. I plugged my xbox one x into it but still I can’t enable freesync in the Monitor options....
  4. Xbox ONE X and Freesync 2

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox ONE X and Freesync 2: Hello, I have a little technical question to ask you, here I have a xbox one X and I would like to buy a screen Freesync 2 how does it work? What I mean is that if for example I activate the VRR...
  5. Please confirm if these monitors work at 1440p 120hz VRR Freesync

in XboX Insiders
    Please confirm if these monitors work at 1440p 120hz VRR Freesync: Having issues trying to see if anyone owns these monitors or has used them with Xbox One X at 1440p 120hz VRR Freesync. Can anyone confirm if the below monitors are supported? Acer XZ321QU Asus...
  6. Freesync HDR Monitor can't get HDR to enable

in XBoX on Consoles
    Freesync HDR Monitor can't get HDR to enable: I just bought an HP monitor model 3BZ12AA#ABA. It supports Freesync HDR and 1440p. I have enabled freesync on the monitor and the Xbox allows me to check boxes for Allow variable refresh rate,...
  7. Sony: Freesync Support only for HDMI2.0?

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Sony: Freesync Support only for HDMI2.0?: Sony (Televisions): Freesync Support only for HDMI2.0? As far as I can see, according to a few online sources, anything over HDMI 1.2 should work. One source:...
  8. LG 32GK650F-B 32 Inch UltraGear™ QHD Gaming Monitor with FreeSync™ Xbox One X

in XBoX on Consoles
    LG 32GK650F-B 32 Inch UltraGear™ QHD Gaming Monitor with FreeSync™ Xbox One X: Hi, I am wondering if the LG 32GK650F-B 32 Inch UltraGear™ QHD Gaming Monitor with FreeSync™ will work with the Xbox One X, I see that it supports HDMI 48-100 hz, but does this mean it will work...
  9. Monitor can't or XBox issue ? 1440p +120hz + freesync

in XBoX on Consoles
    Monitor can't or XBox issue ? 1440p +120hz + freesync: My monitor the Samsung CHG70 only seems to suppy 1440p+120hz when freesync is turned off. Is rhis a xbXb one x issue or a isais with the type of monitor? 293bb513-06f1-43dc-8161-2d1670029bab
  10. Any monitors that work on Xbox One X @ 1440p, 120hz + (freesync or HDR or 10bit), over HDMI 2

in XBoX on Consoles
    Any monitors that work on Xbox One X @ 1440p, 120hz + (freesync or HDR or 10bit), over HDMI 2: I can't believe how much research I've done over the past month trying to find monitors that will do: +1440p +120hz + (freesync or HDR or 10bit) + over HDMI 2 + (obvious, compatible with...