Frequency of forced updates on the Xbox One

Discus and support Frequency of forced updates on the Xbox One in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The way that updates are handled on the Xbox is incredibly frustrating. I’ll be in the middle of a game or watching a show, and suddenly an update... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Adurna101, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Adurna101
    Adurna101 Guest

The way that updates are handled on the Xbox is incredibly frustrating. I’ll be in the middle of a game or watching a show, and suddenly an update screen appears telling me I need to update or go offline.

I’m on the Xbox Insider program, so this issue is compounded even more by the frequency of the updates.

Instigate a system where it updates upon restart or shutdown. If the user has forced their Xbox to shutoff, after a certain period of time, then force the update.

This isn’t a minor quality of life issue, this is a fairly major issue. I’ve had it happen during Raids on Destiny, and even during a Amatuer R6 Siege comp I was in.

The Xbox has been out long enough that this should no longer be a thing. I am seriously considering halting my Xbox Insider status to help minimise the issue.

Is there something I have missed, some setting that will prevent then incredibly frustrating occurance?

:)

Adurna101, Nov 9, 2019
  2. StuartATrueRed Win User

You can have the console in power saving mode, and have it so it checks for an update when you turn the console off. That's how mine is setup, and I never have the issue of the update interrupting your gameplay.

Edit, looks like I was a bit late, it's just what Badger has said.
  3. Christyna64 Win User

You can turn off auto updates in the Xbox Settings to prevent this from happening again.
  4. Njal the Blue Win User

Once you get used to checking, it becomes second nature and you don't get forced updates in the middle of a game.
  5. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

"I’m on the Xbox Insider program, so this issue is compounded even more by the frequency of the updates."

I'm in ASA Insider preview and do about 3-4 updates a week sometimes.

I also have power save mode but I'm in the habit of checking System>Settings>System>Updates and downloads or the Reddit XBox Insiders Forum for new releases everytime
    I turn my console on.

This stops forcing the update when they become mandatory and your in the middle of playing a game.
  6. JohnnyXeo Win User

I agree that its sooooo frustrating.
Thema:

1. Frequency of forced updates on the Xbox One - Similar Threads - Frequency forced updates

2. How to force Xbox One to use 5GHz instead of 2.4?

in XboX Networking Hardware
    How to force Xbox One to use 5GHz instead of 2.4?: How to force Xbox One to use 5GHz instead of 2.4? Thanks everyone and fully appreciate all the suggestions "outside" of the Xbox. Ideally I was looking for a way to configure the Xbox itself, and...
  3. Information to frequency xbox one s

in XBoX on Consoles
    Information to frequency xbox one s: Hello, i would buy the xbox one s. Does it support 60 Hz on a normal TV Samsung? I have a TV that HD in 1080p 60 Hz. Thank. d292d004-d2a1-47b5-9f08-b4386b7b79c9
  4. [BUG]Frequency mission on Voeld

in XBoX Games and Apps
    [BUG]Frequency mission on Voeld: I've found a bug and I've been able to reproduce it twice. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to report it as both the game and the insider app crashed while I attempted to do so. The bug is the...
  5. channel wrong frequency

in XBoX Games and Apps
    channel wrong frequency: Call REF 1334371302 Australia - Shepparton Region Station WIN recently changed frequency, I've logged requests via oneguide troubleshooting but still the channel just comes up as a black screen...
  6. Invasion Frequency

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Invasion Frequency: How often do the invasion bosses become available. I am about halfway through the achievement for getting 1000 hits on the opponent and would like to finish, 2f5b3056-1e3e-4381-813c-44c166291e35
  7. OneGuide update frequency for new/added/changed channels

in XBoX Games and Apps
    OneGuide update frequency for new/added/changed channels: hi, i am in the uk, and today on freeview/youview STB's (via aerial) some channels changed their station numbers (after an planned/advised retune) was just wondering how long XB1 oneguide takes...
  8. backward compatible frequency

in XBoX on Consoles
    backward compatible frequency: Hi everyone. I was wondering how often new titles would be made backward compatible. e08e26ed-d816-458d-8aaa-0330390018e9
  9. Any way to change the frequency channel on 360 controller`

in XBoX on Consoles
    Any way to change the frequency channel on 360 controller`: Tried going through all the channels on the router to stop my wireless controller from getting interference from the router but doesnt help. Thought if I could for example change the router...
  10. Xbox One - Update Frequency and Download Time!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One - Update Frequency and Download Time!: Greetings Xboxers, It's been awhile since I've been on these forums. I don't have a whole lot of time to dedicate to gaming anymore, but I try to sign in and play at least once a week. However,...