Friend bought me a gift

Discus and support Friend bought me a gift in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; hi a friend from the u.s bought menthe season pass for ark when i redeem the code it says to contact the seller to get a code for my region asbitnwasnt... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by sly vixen1982, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Friend bought me a gift

hi a friend from the u.s bought menthe season pass for ark when i redeem the code it says to contact the seller to get a code for my region asbitnwasnt bought in my region contacted xbox and they said nothing they could do was wondering if anyone has found
    a way around this problem

:)

sly vixen1982, Aug 12, 2019
  2. SA1NT 0F LI3S Win User

Friend bought me a gift

Gift cards and gifts are region locked, meaning that can only be used in the region or country they were purchased in.

Your friend will just need to return the code from the place of purchase.

I’m not sure there is a legitimate way around the region lock.
  3. SpiralOut46and2 Win User

Friend bought me a gift

Yes, there will always be print when you are buying anything to let you know about the region. Sometimes, with games as well, there will be print letting you know that this may not be available in all regions. Unfortunately he has to request a refund now
    and repurchase the gift for you. This is in place because otherwise there are people in countries with higher taxes than the US that would always purchase their Xbox content through the US store if allowed (as the games etc are cheaper without the high taxes
    added on), which sidesteps the tax laws in their own country, which is illegal for them to do.
  4. Njal the Blue Win User

Friend bought me a gift

Hello Vixen,

Here are two facts about most online game codes for consoles in 2019:

* They're tied to geographical regions and may only be redeemed in that region (i.e. North America, Europe, Africa, etc.).

* They cannot be refunded once purchased, especially at retail locations.

Fortunately, Microsoft allows you change the region on your Xbox account:

https://support.xbox.com/my-account/microsoft-account/update-microsoft-account-country-region

But you may still be restricted by geographical lookup of your IP address. In that case, you will need to use a VPN from the region you wish to redeem the code:

https://www.windowscentral.com/use-vpn-xbox-one

If neither of these work, there is a very small chance Ark/Studio WIldcard's customer service might credit your account. Please follow these instructions:

https://support.survivetheark.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000784588-How-to-Submit-a-Ticket

I hope this helps solve your problem.
    Trying to circumvent the region lock, is not advisable as with the use of a VPN. These two methods can end up causing you a lot of issues.
  5. xFad3dNovax Win User

Friend bought me a gift

Never had a problem with gift cards between different regions before. It failed when it was anything else, but gift cards seemed to work fine.

I simply purchase a gift card through Xbox, in my current currency of course, and provide the code to my friend in a different region.

Works fine and avoids lying about your region (aka breaking the terms).
  6. choppyseize Win User

Friend bought me a gift

Lying about your location to redeem codes or circumvent things is not allowed and can create a whole other world of issues. It's also against the TOS
Thema:

Friend bought me a gift

1. Friend bought me a gift - Similar Threads - Friend bought gift

2. A friend bought me a game but I can't use the code

in XBoX Games and Apps
    A friend bought me a game but I can't use the code: I live in the Netherlands and my friend lives in Texas and he bought a game for me but it isn't letting me use the code c1786200-3ad4-4d63-acde-6039ee529fa7
  3. Friend bought battle pass for apex and it didn't pull money from his account.

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Friend bought battle pass for apex and it didn't pull money from his account.: A friend of mine bought the season two battle pass for apex earlier today and he has access to it but it never pulled money from his account. He also bought a subscription to a mixer streamer but...
  4. Bought Game for friend overseas

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Bought Game for friend overseas: Bought gift, Destiny 2 Forsaken Lengendary, for friend in Australia. Im from US. He never received email or code. Would like a refund but a quick read from MSs return policy, regarding digital...
  5. Bought a digital gift game for a friend, but they already have it.....what now?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought a digital gift game for a friend, but they already have it.....what now?: I recently bough a digital game for a friend, but, they already owned it. Why did MS let me buy a game for someone who already owned the title? How do I get my money back? My friend attempted to...
  6. Bought a gift for a friend (digital game)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought a gift for a friend (digital game): My friend cannot redeem the code he received and it says were in different region although he's my roommate and our Xbox are on the same region. How can we fix it? There's no way to co intact...
  7. I bought the wrong game and sent to my friend as a gift

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought the wrong game and sent to my friend as a gift: So, I wanted to buy a game to my friend, but I've bought the wrong one. Me and him are trying to refund this game to be able to buy what we want. The game is already in his account because I sent...
  8. Can i refund a game i bought so that i can gift said game to a friend of mine?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can i refund a game i bought so that i can gift said game to a friend of mine?: I was wondering if i can refund WWE 2K18 so that i may buy said game to my friend so that we can play together and, before you ask: 1: No, i can't share my account with him because he has his...
  9. Bought Fortnite starter pack gift for friend on PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought Fortnite starter pack gift for friend on PC: I bought the Fortnite starter pack gift for my friend but he redeemed it on his Microsoft account and didn't get it in game. How can he receive the gift? 602c5ad1-576e-4a95-8e9e-9770580d81b7
  10. I bought, buy as gift, yet my friend hasn't recieved it

in XBoX on Consoles
    I bought, buy as gift, yet my friend hasn't recieved it: The title says it all, I bought, buy a gift, yet my friend hasn't received it. c20c5119-b9c0-4f67-8182-fbb33cef09a0