Friend Cannot Play A Game He Owns Because of Game Pass

Discus and support Friend Cannot Play A Game He Owns Because of Game Pass in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My buddy just bought Rainbow Six Siege on Xbox and everytime he opens it , it says he needs game pass to play; even though he paid for it. Removing and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SPlER24, Dec 29, 2021.

1. SPlER24
    SPlER24 Guest

My buddy just bought Rainbow Six Siege on Xbox and everytime he opens it , it says he needs game pass to play; even though he paid for it. Removing and adding account, and hard reset did not work at all. Anyone have a fix?

:)

SPlER24, Dec 29, 2021
  2. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I'll recommend you do a power cycle to clear the system cache

- Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.

- Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 2 minutes.

- Plug the console power cable back in. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on and check if it's all good.

If that doesn't help, I'll suggest you try doing a factory reset keeping games and apps on your console. This will refresh the console and remove all potential bugs without deleting any game data.

- Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

- Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

- Select Reset console.

- Choose Keep Games and Apps

Once that is done, you'll need to sign into the console using your Microsoft account credentials. If the issue is with your console, that should fix it.
  3. La Melma9 Win User

Gamesharing not working?

My friend and I are trying to gameshare, I don't own the game but I have the game pass. When he goes to start the game it says he doesn't have the game pass.
    That's because he does not have your account as the main one in his Xbox. Tell him to look at it and try again
  4. Smwutches Win User

"For this, you need to sign in as the owner" error message

Did he actually purchase the game or was he playing through Game Pass? The game was just removed from Game Pass, so you have to own the game in order to continue playing. If he owns it on disc, make sure the disc is in the drive.
  5. Son ALA Win User

I got live but it wont let me play a game on live

It could be because of an online pass.

Let say you bought your game used, you wouldn't be able to play online without that code.

If you bought it new, used the code at your house, you could play the game online...but if you went to a friends house and only took the game over there, you wouldn't be able to play online since he never activated a unique online pass of his own.
  6. Mr xXApollyonXx Win User

Gamesharing not working?

My friend and I are trying to gameshare, I don't own the game but I have the game pass. When he goes to start the game it says he doesn't have the game pass.
    Simply (Allow) your friend to Make his home Xbox your
    "Home Xbox"
    Should Resolve the Problem.. As Long as you Have Game-Pass he should be able to download any game from the Pass... *My friend an I are doing this also*
Thema:

1. Friend Cannot Play A Game He Owns Because of Game Pass - Similar Threads - Friend Cannot Play

2. Cannot play with a friend online in F12021

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot play with a friend online in F12021: Hello. I bought the formula 1 2021 version on xbox series s, but I cannot play with my friend which have xbox one s . I mean, we wanted to play co-op career, but while joining the session, it says...
  3. DRAGON QUEST BUILDERS 2 This game cannot be played online with friends on Xbox Game Pass for PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    DRAGON QUEST BUILDERS 2 This game cannot be played online with friends on Xbox Game Pass for PC: This problem has been discussed by many people in the comment area, and it has not been fixed yet. I hope Microsoft can fix it. After all, it is so sad that an online game cannot be connected...
  4. Can play multiplayer, but cannot join friends parties

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can play multiplayer, but cannot join friends parties: Good evening, I just got my Xbox X and having issues with networking. I am able to play multiplayer matchmaking and join friends Xbox parties and listen/talk without issues. However, in games...
  5. Friend cannot play minecraft multiplayer.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Friend cannot play minecraft multiplayer.: Hello, my friend cannot play multiplayer Minecraft and we have looked up this problem but for some reason when we try to access her Privacy and Online safety, it directs her to this link:...
  6. Friend cannot join Minecraft World; We have been playing on it for about 2 weeks.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Friend cannot join Minecraft World; We have been playing on it for about 2 weeks.: My friend and I have spent the past two weeks playing on a world together, but for some reason he cannot connect to the world this morning despite the countless troubleshooting attempts we've...
  7. Cannot play with friends in Minecraft PE

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot play with friends in Minecraft PE: Hi, I've being running on an issue since yesterday, I can't join my friend Minecraft world, neither he can join me too.. we was in a plan to play together (5 people), other 3 are able to join the...
  8. Cannot play with a friend online inF12021

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot play with a friend online inF12021: Hello. I bought the formula 1 2021 version, but I cannot play with my friend. I mean, we wanted to play co-op career, but while joining the session, it says that you must be signed in to xbox...
  9. Cannot accept a game invite from a non-friend if I am playing PUBG.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot accept a game invite from a non-friend if I am playing PUBG.: Reinstalled my profile, reset the security, but I cannot accept an invite unless I friend someone first. Nat is open, cleared cache, reinstalled the game. 1634a9ed-d892-4420-88b1-1cfd6c3d5e39
  10. I bought a gift for a friend in another country and they cannot play it and I cannot refund it

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought a gift for a friend in another country and they cannot play it and I cannot refund it: This is extremely important, I purchased an expensive game, (Forza Horizon 4 and the Fortune Island DLC) and I have come to learn that they cannot play the game at all because of a problem with...