Friends and Followers

Discus and support Friends and Followers in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When the Xbox one came out I was playing a game that I had a high ranking in. Pretty soon I had people sending me game and chat invites and people were... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by michaelxbl, Dec 24, 2018.

1. michaelxbl
    michaelxbl Guest

Friends and Followers

When the Xbox one came out I was playing a game that I had a high ranking in. Pretty soon I had people sending me game and chat invites and people were adding me as their friend. At the time I had a hand full of friends who were on my friends list along
    with my children and I wanted it to remain that way. On average I was receiving over 100 people adding me as their friend every couple of hours and the chat and game invite notifications looked like it was never going to stop. It got that bad that my game
    would crash and send me back to the dashboard. This is when I started to block people who would add me as their friend and when checking my followers list after blocking them they were no longer in my followers list. I was able to do this for about 2 years
    until I noticed I would have to block and mute someone more than once to remove them from my followers list . Then things just got weird like if two people added me and I blocked and muted one there profile would be removed from my followers list then if I
    blocked and muted the other that profile would be removed but the other would return. Then I had a follower that was blocked and muted remain in my followers list for a couple of days. Then after they were removed I have 5 people who added me as their friend
    . After I blocked and muted them they all remained in my followers list until enforcement team removed them. Everything was back to normal after that I had no followers and any new followers were removed by blocking and muting .About a couple of months ago
    it started again. It started getting harder and harder to remove people. Then I got my first non removable follower followed by one more. I was told by Xbox customer support the reason I can not remove these followers is because they need to remove me from
    their friends list first. But if this was the case I would still have tens of thousands of followers in my followers list not just two. Can someone tell me why is there no option to stop people from adding you as a friend

:)

michaelxbl, Dec 24, 2018
  2. Mark Sherwood Win User

Friends / Followers

John Snow :D love it!

I like the current system. It took some getting used to and confused me for a while but I have come to like it.
  3. Galactic Geek Win User

Friends / Followers

I think it would be nice to have an on-screen notification (that can be turned on or off) whenever someone friends or follows you.
  4. Misses Quinzel Win User

Friends and followers

Hey there, DiseasedBadger! I'm very sorry to see that you are running into this. It looks like you are being helped by Mister Beep elsewhere, as we have your information up to the appropriate people and they are looking into it right now.

It looks like you
    previously posted about this issue. Judging by
    the link you provided in that thread, it appears that you have sent Mister Beep a private message. Once we have heard back from the investigating teams, Mister Beep will send you a private message letting you know the situation.

Users that are experiencing this issue and stumble upon this thread, if you are having issues adding someone or receiving notifications from someone you have blocked, please send myself or Mister Beep a private message detailing the gamertag that you are
    having issues with and the time that you last tried to friend/block the user. You can send a private message by clicking the envelope at the bottom of my post. Thanks for understanding! :)
  5. Mafivee Win User

Friends / Followers

I was a bit confused at first about the whole system worked. It's okay I guess, but could be better.

Someone adds me > they show up under followers > I select them and add as friend > now we are friends.
  6. xXCamhawkXx Win User

Friends / Followers

It is quite similar to Google+ and provides you and the other parties involved another level of security. You can friend anyone you wish but you appear as a follower to those you have friended until they friend you.
Thema:

Friends and Followers

1. Friends and Followers - Similar Threads - Friends Followers

2. Prevent random people from adding me as friends/following me.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Prevent random people from adding me as friends/following me.: Everywhere I look online and from speaking with support, this doesn't seem to be possible. The answer is to block the user, change my privacy settings so only friends can see data, etc. It's great...
  3. Xbox live friends and followers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox live friends and followers: why am I not allowed to remove followers f2a94c56-444d-4d93-8518-53469932bfb1
  4. Xbox live friends and followers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox live friends and followers: Is it true that if someone adds you as a friend you are stuck with that person following you 3d8fdaa4-a2e4-4145-bd60-faa518ee7f62
  5. My profile is not showing up under any of my friends following list

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My profile is not showing up under any of my friends following list: I'm not sure when this started, but I am not showing up in any of my friends following list on or offline. I checked all privacy options on everything, my Xbox One, Xbox 360 and mobile app....
  6. Friends/Followers/Friends Request/ Friends Categories.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Friends/Followers/Friends Request/ Friends Categories.: Xbox/Microsoft really needs to revamp the Friends/Follower System. If someone wants to have followers, there should be an option for it. Yet if someone only wants the ORIGINAL Friends Request...
  7. Unwanted friends/followers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unwanted friends/followers: I recently came across someone being real nasty towards me and didn't want to deal with them anymore so I left the lobby I was in then next thing you know that person adds me as a friend and I...
  8. I can view my friends in my friends list while they appear in my followers.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can view my friends in my friends list while they appear in my followers.: Sometimes, I got this message: "we are unable to show your friends at this time, try refreshing your app" 99a42b39-787c-4b81-b696-25161e431e52
  9. Xbox friends and followers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox friends and followers: My xbox one followers number doesn't update when i remove players by blocking them or them deleting me. Please Help a0c65f3a-bd16-42be-908c-840b97624e19
  10. When players friend me they don't show up as followers.

in XBoX on Consoles
    When players friend me they don't show up as followers.: So the last couple of months i've had several people friend me from various games. A prompt will pop up on your screen saying someone has become your friend. But when i go to my profile and look...