friends forever offline bug

Discus and support friends forever offline bug in XBoX on Mobile to solve the problem; I have friends that have to invite me, despite being online. on mobile, web, xbox, pc, i have friends that always look like they are offline, though... Discussion in 'XBoX on Mobile' started by christopherVillamil, Jul 12, 2019.

1. friends forever offline bug

I have friends that have to invite me, despite being online.

on mobile, web, xbox, pc, i have friends that always look like they are offline, though they are actively inviting me.

i can see they are not appearing offline on their account side with a screenshot.

Is there a way to fix it?

:)

christopherVillamil, Jul 12, 2019
  2. DeathRowKingPin Win User

If you friend clicks his name in profile set it to online also check his privacy settings one is not set to online thus given false positive showing online & offline. I had same issue with some friends. My profile said offline but in my settings i had
    right things set. Also they could of set it so you couldnt see them on settings one is always set wrong. This is why i only use profile to show me offline or do not disturb but mainly i click offline
  3. christopherVillamil Win User

That makes no sense to me

i’m not trying to submit “an idea” im trying to have you inspect your system to see why permissions are busted.

I have 2 xbox accounts

both friends with the same person.

one of them, they always appear offline

the other they properly appear online and offline

i have ownership of both accounts, troubleshooting is possible as a comparison between the two accounts can be made and see what is causing the issue.

submitting an idea as a response gives me the perception that microsoft is saying “we know its a problem, but we cant/ wont put the time into researching the issue”
  4. XBF Eladio M Win User

Hey christopher

Thank you for providing that feed back as far as re-adding your account.

My recommendation would be to attempt a soft
    factory reset
    on your console, as this will reset the OS of your console, allowing you to restart fresh.

Take in mind that this will remove your account on your console, and that you will need to re-enter your Wi-Fi password if you are connected wirelessly.

Additionally, you will have to sync your save data when you re-boot your game, that way you will be able to pick up where you left off.

I will depict the steps to restore your console here, for your convenience:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select System > Settings > System > Console info.
    3. Select Reset console.
    4. On the Reset your console? screen, you'll see three options:
    • Select Reset and keep my games & apps. You should use this option as your primary choice when troubleshooting. It will reset the OS and delete all potentially corrupted data without deleting your games or apps. This will save you
      from downloading or reinstalling the large game files. In some cases, if a corrupt game file is causing the issue you're troubleshooting, you may have to choose
      Reset and remove everything, but you should always start with
      Reset and keep my games & apps and save Reset and remove everything as a last resort.

Give this a try and let us know if this works for you!
  5. Mrs Sweetcorn Win User

This was happening to me..

I had to delete and re add my friends for this to be fixed.

Maybe give that a try but it is for sure not a guaranteed solution.
  6. XBF Javier R Win User

Hello Christopher,

We understand that you have an inquiry in regards to friends appearing as offline when viewing them on all platforms through your account.

Unfortunately, we can only suggest to provide feedback about this inquiry through our
    Xbox IDEAS website as there would not be steps available to troubleshoot other users' accounts besides your own.

Best wishes!
Thema:

1. friends forever offline bug - Similar Threads - friends forever offline

2. LFG XBOX one - Is there a way to stop LFG Posts from being sent to friends?

in XBoX on Consoles
    LFG XBOX one - Is there a way to stop LFG Posts from being sent to friends?: Is there a way to stop LFG Posts from being sent to friends? Being in "offline" mode. Posting on LFG still sends that post to friends. How can this be changed?...
  3. No puedo jugar con mis amigos en Minecraft pocket edition [I can't play with my friends in...

in XBoX on Mobile
    No puedo jugar con mis amigos en Minecraft pocket edition [I can't play with my friends in...: Yo tengo mcpe en la última versión y mis amigos también pero ellos juegan en xbox one lo que pasa es que en xbox y hace un dia si me dejaba unirme a su mundo pero hoy hace unas horas no me deja...
  4. Wont join friend. An he is in the same house.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Wont join friend. An he is in the same house.: It wont lit me play games with s friend who is in the same household as me. Two xbox ones an too different accounts. I have decent internet an there is no problems there....
  5. Joining friends worlds in Minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Joining friends worlds in Minecraft: I am unable to join my friends worlds in Minecraft. When i try to join an error appears after loading for a few seconds and then says "Unable to connect to world". :/ This is on my Xbox and on my...
  6. hello xbox friends

in XBoX on Consoles
    hello xbox friends: I am the mother of a child with autism, we bought the xbox one s to develop its connection and psychomotricity but it is difficult for us to get the camera and the adapter so that I can use it....
  7. Friends not receiving invites to game and vice versa

in XBoX on Consoles
    Friends not receiving invites to game and vice versa: Hi, for the past couple days my friends and i have been having issues joining each other's games/lobbies. Ill send an invite and they won't receive the invite until about 15 minutes later....
  8. Friends appearing forever offline even though they are online

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Friends appearing forever offline even though they are online: a few on my friends list always appear offline even though they are online. I know them in real life and have seen their settings in person. They also dont appear offline to everyone. How do I fix...
  9. Friends list taking forever to load.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Friends list taking forever to load.: Anybody else having this problem with your friends list. It takes way too long to load compared to the Xbox 360 friends and its the biggest annoyance when your trying to invite someone or to view...
  10. Friends forever muted

in XBoX on Consoles
    Friends forever muted: When I am in a party with friends it sometimes makes them muted, but it won’t let me unmute them so I can never hear them. It has happened to me and 3 or 4 of my friends. Any suggestions?...