friends list delayed on updating at startup

Discus and support friends list delayed on updating at startup in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; when turning the console on it takes a long time for friends list to actually update submitted by /u/lcg22 [link] [comments] Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/lcg22, Sep 8, 2019.

1. /u/lcg22
    /u/lcg22 Guest

when turning the console on it takes a long time for friends list to actually update

submitted by /u/lcg22
    [link] [comments]

/u/lcg22, Sep 8, 2019
  2. maxen Win User

Xbox One doesn't turn on TV when system updates occur

It does actually turn the TV on, but not until it's applied the update. It's probably at the same point in the console's startup routine, except that it starts doing an update first which delays it turning the TV on for you.
  3. Vista Win User

ESPN Takes a very long time to load

If this poor startup time is related to the expanded content of ESPN as opposed to when it was initially launched, then I call this a terrible design (something I haven't experienced much from Microsoft). A simple load-on-demand approach can alleviate the
    heavy load of the startup delay. Another thing Microsoft should consider is giving the user the option to NOT load a video when starting up. This could be the biggest reason for the delay. Not loading video on startup would at least isolate the cause of the
    delay. I've stopped using the ESPN app on XBOX360 because of this issue and I just go use ESPN3's site on my computer. I hope they resolve this issue soon.
  4. daMaRuKu Win User

Friend list not updating

Got the same problem, it has not been working correctly lately. its really annoying when you want to group up and play :eek:
  5. MyzzK Win User

Friends list not updating

I feel you! I'm so glad I'm not the only one. I had this issue about for 3 months or so.

I tried:

1. Restarting Xbox (from controller, w/ Instant-on)

2. Complete Shutdown (holding the Power/Xbox button on the console)

3. Signing into profile on Xbox 360 or using SmartGlass app (either for 360 or Xbox One). Then sign out/in on Xbox One. (temporarily works - for that day/moment)

4. Delete profile from Xbox (One), redownload or power off/on then redownload profile

5. Tried using Ethernet cable

6. Went back to wireless (gateway is on top shelf of TV Stand & Xbox One is on the 2nd shelf)

7. Contact Xbox Support via Twitter

8. Did a factory reset

9. Download profile again

10. Worked for a couple of days/a week then started back

11. Did the factory reset again

12. Plus unplug gateway's power cord, wait 2 mins plugged back in

13. Set up Xbox again

14. Next day the same issue

15. Rep wanted to know if I had another profile to see if the same thing happens; which I don't, only 1

16. Next rep, said I should speak to Phone Support, they might have more options

17. Declined, support is support when it comes to Technical issues.

Any other suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks
  6. gds1972 Win User

Want to shut off beeping on starting up xbox one.

Hi

It is possible to disable the startup and shut down chimes int he console settings.

Startup Chime

• You can now modify when you hear the startup chime! You’ll find three new options in
      Settings > Power & startup > Power mode & startup.
      • On (startup chime plays anytime the console is powered on).
      • Only with power button or voice (startup chime plays when console is powered on via the power button or voice; does not play when powered on with the controller).
      • Off (startup chime never plays).
Thema:

1. friends list delayed on updating at startup - Similar Threads - friends list delayed

2. Disappearing friends list

in XBoX on Consoles
    Disappearing friends list: so today my question is how do i recover my friends list that has disappeared? 1. I have tried everything from restarting my xbox to removing my account off my xbox and adding it again, and i...
  3. Friends list not showing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Friends list not showing: For about 5 months my friend list does not show on my xbox one, have tried resetting xbox, reloading profile, new profile but still i an showing 0 friends. I can enter a party through invite and...
  4. Xbox Live Friends List Doesn't Show Anyone on Console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live Friends List Doesn't Show Anyone on Console: My friend list on XboxOne shows no friend and is blank unless I search for old friends->remove them->then readd...but this still doesn't solve issues that occur within the in-game friends list for...
  5. Someone dissapeared from my friends list - into nothing

in XboX Insiders
    Someone dissapeared from my friends list - into nothing: Can anyone explain to me what is going on here? i had someone in my friends list, who was indeed into toxic behaviour and who encouraged hate or bullying to other fellow players/gamers on xbox...
  6. “0 Friends online”, Friends list is inaccessible.

in XBoX on Consoles
    “0 Friends online”, Friends list is inaccessible.: Whenever I try to access my friends list on my Xbox One S, I displays none of my friends, like 0 of them. Another issue that I’m not sure if it’s related or not, but my Game/chat mixer is reset...
  7. Mi lista de amigos de xbox, no funciona (My xbox friends list doesn't work)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Mi lista de amigos de xbox, no funciona (My xbox friends list doesn't work): He tenido problemas con mi lista de amigos, Pues al iniciar con mi cuenta, me aparece siempre 0 amigos conectados o que que no tengo a nadie agregado, de igual forma envio solicitudes de amistad y...
  8. *Xbox friends list*

in XBoX on Consoles
    *Xbox friends list*: I don't know if anyone else has had this issue but for some bizarre reason my friend's list and follower list says I have 183 followers and 41 friends but when I check only 40 appear and only 182...
  9. Xbox friends list say I never had any friends

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox friends list say I never had any friends: tried to hard reset that didn't work, removed my account and put it back on that didn't work reset my WiFi that didn't work what can I do, I had over 400 friends I won't remember them all...
  10. Freundesliste[friends list]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Freundesliste[friends list]: Hallo habe ein Problem mit meiner freundesliste..,es zeigt bei mir keine freunde mehr an egal ob sie online oder offline sind, auch in der Gamerscore-Bestenliste wird keiner mehr angezeigt. Weiß...