Frozen/bugged installation + missing save file

Discus and support Frozen/bugged installation + missing save file in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi, after enjoying XGP for a long time without any notable issues, I've encountered some problems which are making me consider avoiding the PC-app.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Jorsett, Feb 11, 2020.

1. Jorsett
    Jorsett Guest

Hi, after enjoying XGP for a long time without any notable issues, I've encountered some problems which are making me consider avoiding the PC-app.

One day I decided to install FTL on my laptop, it got to 8 % and stopped moving. Nothing fixes it. Pausing, cancelling, uninstalling, re-installing, restarting, rebooting; nothing works. Even after I got frustrated and uninstalled- and reinstalled the entire
    app, it was still stuck on 8 % as soon as I open the app. I even tried to uninstall it through Windows and not the app. Is there any fix? Either getting rid of it, or installing it somehow? Pictured below is how it looks.

A tragic consequence of uninstalling the app and reinstalling it seems to be that my Slay The Spire save file is gone? I had invested 30 hours in that game and it would be quite unfortunate to start over. After looking all over the internet for solutions
    it just looks like I'm **** out of luck. None of my other game launchers delete save files if you delete the launcher itself, very unfortunate. A fix would be terrific.

Frozen/bugged installation + missing save file [​IMG]

Thanks.

:)

Jorsett, Feb 11, 2020
  2. XxSaberxZ Win User

https://beta.support.xbox.com/contact-us?ccf-error=1

Get in contact with the guys n gals over at support a wee shout they maybe able to shine some light on the subject for you hopefully get your save back up n running
  3. Whitey Black Win User

Try a soft reset of the console for the missing save try disconect from the internet and check the local save if not delete the local save and try retrieve the cloud one
  4. ICEPICJOEY Win User

Freezing Issues: All progress deleted

Here we go AGAIN!

Kept a backup save on a memory card. Started a second playthrough. Finished shaving lennyand all challenges up to that point and saved. came home from work and saw the dreaded "your save file appears to be damaged" message.

So I fire up the backup save that had some challenges missing and guess what? Same message. it wont load the backup file either.

This is complete crap. this is a serious bug. This game is full of bugs that can be overlooked but this one is intolerable. I lost a lot of hours of time and a purist run on this bug. I'm going back to Splinter Cell Conviction till its fixed.
  5. THANOS OPRESSOR Win User

GTA V, Digital downloaded version freezing issues for Trevor Missions

If the characters are frozen, and no more markings appear on the main mission map, should there be any corrupted files, tried to uninstall and install again?
  6. Pakalolo Time Win User

How many game save files do you have?

I keep one save file per character. Forget digging through a huge list of save files. People wouldn't need all of the save files they have if Bethesda knew how to make a game that isn't riddled with bugs.
Thema:

1. Frozen/bugged installation + missing save file - Similar Threads - Frozen bugged installation

2. Alpha Skip-ahead update Frozen at 1%

in XboX Insiders
    Alpha Skip-ahead update Frozen at 1%: I have an Xbox One X and I'm in the Alpha skip-ahead ring and I have a 3.8 gb mandatory system update that freezes at 1% Everytime i try to download it. I have checked the network, reset router,...
  3. Frozen xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Frozen xbox one: So about one year ago my xbox one was playing up a lot so i reset it then probably did it 3 more times that month then when i was setting up the console again it froze on the update screen and its...
  4. Home Menu Completely Frozen On Sign-in; Xbox Live Functions Not Loading Properly But Still...

in XboX Insiders
    Home Menu Completely Frozen On Sign-in; Xbox Live Functions Not Loading Properly But Still...: For the past week or so whenever I boot up my Xbox One S the home menu is completely frozen after partially loading. I can still open the menu with the controller, and the games that are loaded in...
  5. XBOX ONE S .... THE CONSOLE FROZENS CONTINUOUSLY ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX ONE S .... THE CONSOLE FROZENS CONTINUOUSLY ...: he games are constantly frozen, it cannot connect online, I don't know what to do ... I regret having bought this console 2 years ago and it went well for a year and a half and then stopped...
  6. Frozen Gamerscore, achievements not unlocking or syncing correctly.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Frozen Gamerscore, achievements not unlocking or syncing correctly.: As the title says, my GS has been frozen for just under 2 weeks now. While achievements can be earned, they no longer tally up to the correct amount. When they unlock at all. Some are delayed,...
  7. XBOX Game Bar Clips Frozen

in XBoX on Windows
    XBOX Game Bar Clips Frozen: Whenever I try to save a clip using the Xbox game bar it is frozen. The clip has audio, but the picture is frozen. Does anybody have a fix for this,I am not sure if it is a problem with my...
  8. My Xbox game bar clips are frozen, but have working sound

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox game bar clips are frozen, but have working sound: I have been trying to get clips for ages now. Every clip i record is a still 30 second still frame of the game im clipping (fortnite) and its been like this for a long time. Is there any fix to...
  9. 24 Oct 2019 Update, Xbox frozen on applying updates

in XBoX on Consoles
    24 Oct 2019 Update, Xbox frozen on applying updates: my Xbox 1 is frozen attempting to apply the most recent update from the 24 October 2019. It appears to be frozen at the applying update, at 72%. i have attempted to let the xbox just take as long...
  10. Forza 7 frozen on data sycing

in XBoX on Windows
    Forza 7 frozen on data sycing: Hi all, when I try to launch Forza 7, on pc windows 10, it freezes on "sycing data". This happened once before and I kept it running for around 2 hours, then it launched and I was able to play....