frozen console

Discus and support frozen console in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; my 360 console froze up during the connectivity test. I was instructed to unplug for 60 seconds and turn on. It makes the "ping" sound when I touch... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by HumidQuotient59, Jun 11, 2014.

1. frozen console

my 360 console froze up during the connectivity test. I was instructed to unplug for 60 seconds and turn on. It makes the "ping" sound when I touch the power button but does not start up.

:)

HumidQuotient59, Jun 11, 2014
  2. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest
    Frozen console

Have you tried holding the power button until the console shuts down? That should fix the issue.

onyxishere, Jun 11, 2014
  3. Frozen console

Great advice I'm new on this xbox stuff and your input saved my day, than you so much!!!

SlimSphere62705, Jun 11, 2014
  4. frozen console

Hey there HumidQuotient59 frozen console :)

Please see the below two guides for instructions on what to do. Firstly, we need to identify if this is a power problem or a blank screen problem.

If when you turn your console on (after the ping sound) the power to the Xbox 360 cuts and there are no lights on the center of the console power button, then see the below troubleshoot.

http://support.xbox.com/xbox-360/system/xbox-360-no-power-solution

If when you turn your console on, the console power button stays lit, then please see this troubleshoot

Xbox Blank Screen | Xbox 360 Monitor Issues - Xbox.com

You may come across a step where you have to use your controller, if the console is not syncing to the controller for you to complete the step, then please try a wired controller or skip the step completely if this doesn't help. The overall result may be
    that you need to send your console off for a repair, the above guides will give you a heads up on where to go if you need to do this.

Many thanks,

Cloud

Mark Sherwood, Jun 11, 2014
  5. SlimSphere62705 Win User

Frozen console

Great advice I'm new on this xbox stuff and your input saved my day, than you so much!!!
  6. onyxishere Win User

Frozen console

Have you tried holding the power button until the console shuts down? That should fix the issue.
  7. Mark Sherwood Win User

frozen console

Hey there HumidQuotient59 :)

Please see the below two guides for instructions on what to do. Firstly, we need to identify if this is a power problem or a blank screen problem.

If when you turn your console on (after the ping sound) the power to the Xbox 360 cuts and there are no lights on the center of the console power button, then see the below troubleshoot.

http://support.xbox.com/xbox-360/system/xbox-360-no-power-solution

If when you turn your console on, the console power button stays lit, then please see this troubleshoot

http://support.xbox.com/xbox-360/system/tv-or-monitor-screen-is-blank-while-connected

You may come across a step where you have to use your controller, if the console is not syncing to the controller for you to complete the step, then please try a wired controller or skip the step completely if this doesn't help. The overall result may be
    that you need to send your console off for a repair, the above guides will give you a heads up on where to go if you need to do this.

Many thanks,

Cloud
  8. M3tal Daz3 Win User
  9. gds1972 Win User

Console getting frozen

Hi

Sometimes the console can take a little while to shut down if it is performing game or system updates Can you please say how long you have waited for the console to shut down before you have removed the power supply?

Also if you need to force the console to shut down it is possible to do this without needing to unplug the console. To force the console to shut down press and hold the Xbox Button on the front of the console and it will fully shut down.
Thema:

frozen console

1. frozen console - Similar Threads - frozen console

2. frozen console xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    frozen console xbox one: My console froze while trying to troubleshoot a problem. Had just tried to clear local games, but console didn't restart like it should. Now it won't respond to any actions. E105 error code but...
  3. Console getting frozen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console getting frozen: Sometimes when I'm trying to turn off my Xbox One, everything it's getting frozen and the Xbox button constantly flashes. From there I can just unplugged from the wall, but I don't want to do that...
  4. Frozen Xbox console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Frozen Xbox console: Hi, I purchased a XBOX one last year, this past month it has decided he doesn't want work anymore it keeps freezing, how can I arrange for this to be rectified? Lee...
  5. Immediate frozen startuperror when plugging in console (XboxOne)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Immediate frozen startuperror when plugging in console (XboxOne): Hey i've got a huge problem with my Xbox One it was a pefectly working console one week ago but when i plugged it in today i got a screen saying: (in german) An error occured / Resart Xbox / solve...
  6. Complete frozen Console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Complete frozen Console: Hey there, I hope I'm right here. So, today I watched some Videos on Youtube, like I often do. Then suddenly the Video froze and I thought "Yeah, okay. I'm just going to close youtube and restart...
  7. Console frozen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console frozen: Console taking a long time to turn on, when it eventually does the home screen doesn't always appear, sometimes the screen turns black? If it does appear and I click on a game or an app a message...
  8. Console is frozen when system update almost finished

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console is frozen when system update almost finished: My Xbox 360 has frozen on me during the latest system update! It's still on and I don't know what I should do, as it says you're not to turn off the console during an update... I'm really scared....
  9. Console frozen while updating

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console frozen while updating: My console seems to be stuck while installing an update. It's stuck at the screen with a picture of the console and the green progress bar below is at around 90% complete. It's been like this for...
  10. Frozen console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Frozen console: so I bought unity and installed it. Played for a bit and turned off the console. Now I'm trying to play again but neither of my controllers will work, no games will load. It shows me still logged...