Frustrated after 2 failed controller repairs. Don't know how to follow up next.

Discus and support Frustrated after 2 failed controller repairs. Don't know how to follow up next. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; In January I purchased a Design Lab controller and was disappointed to find that one of the shoulder buttons only registered about half of my inputs... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by The Mountebank, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Frustrated after 2 failed controller repairs. Don't know how to follow up next.

In January I purchased a Design Lab controller and was disappointed to find that one of the shoulder buttons only registered about half of my inputs unless I pressed it very hard. Unfortunately, since it's a custom controller I couldn't just exchange it
    at the store, so I had to send it in for a repair. I filled out the details and got an email saying I would receive a shipping label. A week later I still hadn't received anything so I got on the phone with Microsoft and it turned out it was pulling my old
    zip code. Probably my fault, but you'd think I'd be notified rather than it just stalling the system indefinitely. Sent the controller in and got it back after a week or so and thought I was done with it.

Upon using the new/repaired controller, I immediately noticed that there was stick drift. And when I looked at the controller you could even see that the left joystick was in a visibly crooked position by default. Seems hard to miss! Frustrating, especially
    since I'd already recycled the box and had to scrounge for a second controller-sized box to mail it back it.

Controller #3. Guess what. The same shoulder button has the exact same issue that I sent the controller in to have fixed in the first place. I shouldn't have to have a $70 controller repaired 3+ times just to get a functional product! Not to mention that
    I've been without it for multiple weeks and have to use my old controllers in the meantime (which I bought this as a replacement for because they are both slightly broken).

I decided to contact Microsoft again, since I wanted to make sure they got the repair right this time, and honestly to try to get some compensation for all my wasted time. I find it annoying that my options are to A. Chat with a robot who tells me stuff
    I already know, B. Chat with a volunteer "gamer" who doesn't work for Microsoft, or C. Wait 90 minutes for a call back. I got the call back and explained my issue, and the agent recommended that I go to a Microsoft store since they'd be able to help me more
    than he could. Alright, fine. I'll go tomorrow, I thought. An hour later, I got an email that all Microsoft stores were closing due to Coronavirus.

At this point I'm just like I give up, I'll send it in and hope that controller #4 is the charm. I really wish the repair/replacement process allowed you to add notes. The most specific you can get is "trigger/bumper" issue. I filled everything out to request
    a replacement, and received an email stating that I'd receive a follow-up within 24 hours. Guess what, it's been 2 days now and still no response. I get that they're probably extra busy this week, but given the circumstances I'm still upset.

Anyway, in general I like Microsoft, but I feel like they're wasting my time and purposefully making it difficult to contact them. Don't know what else to do at this point.

TLDR; Design Lab controller was sent in for repairs twice and is still broken. Frustrated with support system.

:)

The Mountebank, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

Frustrated after 2 failed controller repairs. Don't know how to follow up next.

1. Frustrated after 2 failed controller repairs. Don't know how to follow up next. - Similar Threads - Frustrated failed controller

2. Frustrated mom needing help!!

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Frustrated mom needing help!!: I just purchased a 3 month xbox live card for my son but when i put in the code it says there's $15.93 past due which isn't correct by the way because before i purchased the card there was a...
  3. Xbox Support = Frustrating

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Support = Frustrating: I have now surpassed 7 hours trying to get hold of a live person at the Xbox support line. Yes they have staff working currently. Online request for a call back fails after 1 minute and you can...
  4. Seriously frustrated wanna be gamer

in XBoX Accessibility
    Seriously frustrated wanna be gamer: hi I got an xbox for my 10th birthday at the end of january and the whole time its been saying something went wrong and when we posted it back to microsoft it came back today and its telling me on...
  5. Just sent in my 3rd Xbox Elite Series 2 - I am beyond frustrated with Xbox support

in XBoX on Consoles
    Just sent in my 3rd Xbox Elite Series 2 - I am beyond frustrated with Xbox support: Just bought a Xbox Elite Series 2 controller, and I was sold. I loved the feel of the whole controller, the adjustable thumbsticks and shoulder buttons. I loved the paddles, the dock and the looks...
  6. Frustrations with games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Frustrations with games: I thought I had gotten all the figures in gta5 to have the last two spawn, but no somehow I am missing one out of 98. So looks like I will have to back track and see which one I am missing. So...
  7. I'm already frustrated with my Xbox oneS.What I thought would be easy to use and fun is now...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm already frustrated with my Xbox oneS.What I thought would be easy to use and fun is now...: I'm totally new to XBox. Bought a new XBox oneS and can't figure it out. All I want to do my xbox oneS is play XBOX1game discs that came with my console bundle and/or game discs I buy locally Why...
  8. What is going on with remote downloads,very frustrating

in XboX Insiders
    What is going on with remote downloads,very frustrating: Just last week there was a known issue with remote downloading games,this was apparently fixed around the weekend just gone, it seemed fine until tues and now they aren’t working correctly still....
  9. Anyone else Frustrated

in XBoX Accessibility
    Anyone else Frustrated: I don't play xbox. I have it for my two boys. But my husband is a fan so we have always had Xbox. I loved our 360. We had it for years and it was so easy! We never had any problems. Now we have...
  10. BEYOND frustrated with this latest update

in XboX Insiders
    BEYOND frustrated with this latest update: I've noticed a few people on this subreddit having this issue with no answer in sight yet. I'm in the Alpha, or Alpha Skip-ahead, I don't remember which. Anyways, I kept getting error...