Frustrated Parent-How do I ?

Discus and support Frustrated Parent-How do I ? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My son logs into the xbox with my account which is the adult account. I setup a child account but didn't realize until recently that everything he has... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by CHADRICE, Apr 21, 2019.

1. CHADRICE
    CHADRICE Guest

My son logs into the xbox with my account which is the adult account. I setup a child account but didn't realize until recently that everything he has done on Fortnite is under my account. He wants to keep the same gamer tag without losing all his I am fully
    aware I should have done this sooner but I am to the point I'd rather throw the Xbox in the trash! Can I change my account to the child account to restrict access times so he doesn't want to lose all his achievements and purchases?

:)

CHADRICE, Apr 21, 2019
  2. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi Chadrice,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your question. There is no way to transfer content from one account to another. You can however change the

primary emails
    on the accounts. *Note-if the email is a Microsoft domain email like outlook, live, Hotmail do not remove from the account totally. Leave on the account as a secondary email.

If you do decide to change emails it will be a lengthy process as there will be a security wait time of 30 days for each account also.

Thanks,

Brad
  3. WPAK Win User

Hi there,

I'm afraid it's not possible to make the account a Child account, but for Fortnite there might be a different option, which will at least let your son keep the Fortnite specific purchases and profile (since these are connected to the Epic account). It will
    require a different Xbox Live Account (and Microsoft Account) so achievements will be none, purchases regarding other games won't be present etc etc and a different Gamertag.

See this link for more information and suggestion on the steps:
    https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/forums/battle-royale/strats-tactics/609407-change-gamertag-xbox-live

I myself don't have Fortnite or have tried these steps, so be sure to double check just to be sure.
  4. XBF Brad A Win User

Hello Chadrice,

Changing the primary email would basically change the email you sign in with. So for example if the email on your account was used for personal also. This would move it to another account. That way you would be able to use an account without your son using
    it at the same time. If the option the other ambassadors gave to change the gamertag use that as it is simpler.

Thanks,

Brad
  5. CHADRICE Win User

If I cannot change the account, can I at least restrict usage times under the Adult account? It's either that or he loses everything purchased and obtained
  6. CHADRICE Win User

Thanks for the reply. What would changing the primary email do to the access?

Sounds like I just need to force him to login to the child account and start over with obtaining things. Would solve a lot of time and frustration in the house.
Thema:

1. Frustrated Parent-How do I ? - Similar Threads - Frustrated Parent

2. This has gotta be the funniest video on the frustration of the Xbox game bar

in XboX Insiders
    This has gotta be the funniest video on the frustration of the Xbox game bar: [IMG] submitted by /u/ItsPharaohJoe [link] [comments]
  3. Game frustration

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game frustration: Even stressless games stress me out. Unraveled drives me absolutely bonkers 93f9eb13-2a32-42d0-bacb-f3824f0e89e2
  4. Edge is a broken, frustrating, unusable [Mod Removed-Profanity], on Xbox. Are there any...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Edge is a broken, frustrating, unusable [Mod Removed-Profanity], on Xbox. Are there any...: I'm about ready to smash this [Mod Removed-Innapropriate] xbox one s, and get a ps4. Random crashes, system freezes ALL THE TIME, page jumps up and down seemingly at random. It took me 15 minutes...
  5. Game Pass frustration

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Pass frustration: I'm a Game Pass subscriber, and have been able to push downloads to my Xbox One in the past via the Xbox website. Today I attempted to download Monster Hunter (a new Game Pass title), and the site...
  6. Frustration

in XBoX Accessibility
    Frustration: Beschwerde über Funktion von XBOX Website und XBOX App, kaum Möglichkeit Konten zu verbinden, Nachrichten zu schreiben oder sonstige Dienste in Anspruch zu nehmen. Was ist los, bei einem so großen...
  7. Enforcement Action - Frustrated Parent Who Cannot Get Information from Microsoft

in XBoX on Consoles
    Enforcement Action - Frustrated Parent Who Cannot Get Information from Microsoft: Over the holiday weekend I received an email that my son's Xbox account was suspended as a result of an enforcement action. Being the holiday weekend, I could not reach anyone from Xbox/Microsoft...
  8. Enforcement Action - Frustrated Parent Who Cannot Get Information from Microsoft

in XBoX on Consoles
    Enforcement Action - Frustrated Parent Who Cannot Get Information from Microsoft: Over the holiday weekend I received an email that my son's Xbox account was suspended as a result of an enforcement action. Being the holiday weekend, I could not reach anyone from Xbox/Microsoft...
  9. Frustrated Parent

in XBoX on Consoles
    Frustrated Parent: My son's x-box account keeps getting banned for cheating. It says unauthorized use of software or hardware. My son is only 9 years old and claims he doesn't know what's going on. What's...
  10. XBL Scenario for a frustrated parent!

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBL Scenario for a frustrated parent!: Hi I have a scenario, that is probably pretty straight forward to resolve I would like to have my XBL account as the main one, with XBL gold. But my two kids aged 6 and 5 to have access to gold...