Full bandwidth HDMI 2.1

Discus and support Full bandwidth HDMI 2.1 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Will Xbox Series X support full HDMI 2.1 bandwidth(48gbps)? 698453b9-a104-4d01-9d56-9039d881f0f9 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SeverSheen360, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Full bandwidth HDMI 2.1

Will Xbox Series X support full HDMI 2.1 bandwidth(48gbps)?

:)

SeverSheen360, Sep 16, 2020
  2. P33N3ling Win User

Issue configuring Xbox one X 1440p 120hz with ASUS TUF Gaming monitor

The monitor supports 1440p 120hz through HDMI 2.0. i have tried even with a HDMI 2.1 just to make sure it has the bandwidth.
  3. AnthonyGutierrez3 Win User

Xbox series x

So the hdmi 2.0 and 2.1 have the same connection on a tv but the 2.1 cable delivers more like graphics and the full experience for the series x
  4. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Xbox series x

And what if I buy a cable will it work
    The Xbox Series X will come with a HDMI 2.1 cable,

But whether you use a HDMI 2.1 cable or not, the HDMI port on the TV needs to be HDMI 2.1 to achieve the 120hz refresh rates at 4K.

using a HDMI 2.1 cable on a TV port with HDMI 2.0 will still only limit the Xbox Series X to 60hz refresh rates.

[table][tr][td]Xbox Console HDMI Port[/td][td]HDMI Cable[/td][td]TV HDMI Port[/td][/tr][tr][td]Xbox Series X, HDMI 2.1[/td][td]HDMI 2.1[/td][td]HDMI 2.1 = 4K at 120hz[/td][/tr][tr][td]Xbox Series X, HDMI 2.1[/td][td]HDMI 2.0[/td][td]HDMI 2.1 = 4K at 60hz[/td][/tr][tr][td]Xbox Series X, HDMI 2.1[/td][td]HDMI 2.1[/td][td]HDMI 2.0 = 4K at 60hz[/td][/tr][/table]
  5. ROBIN H 25 Win User

HDMI 2.1 to Displayport

The monitor you mention only has HDMI 2.1 sadly. The only monitor I've found so far with HDMI 2.1 is the EVE Spectrum.

https://evedevices.com/pages/spectrum
    You mean HDMI 2.0?

LG have yet to release and confirm the full spec's of the monitor, yet some claim to have had an email from LG stating that it has HDMI 2.0, not HDMI 2.1, which i don't believe until LG release the full spec's,

The EVE SPECTRUM monitor uses the very same panel of that LG monitor.

When i posted this up, the EVE SPECTRUM was going to have HDMI 2.0, but recently they announced it will have HDMI 2.1, as to why i didn't include it in this post,

However i did make a post of this, the day after the EVE SPECTRUM confirmed HDMI 2.1, link below...

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...series-x/7c8f7d57-86ab-47f0-8cdd-f927bd0f3f81
  6. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Xbox series x

So o can connect the hdmi 2.1 to a regular 4 k 2.0 hdmi port but I will not get the full experience or
    there will be like some xbox series xs that have different cables.
    No, The Xbox Series X has a HDMI 2.1 port therefore it will always ship with a HDMI 2.1 cable,

[table][tr][td]Xbox Console HDMI Port[/td][td]HDMI Cable[/td][td]TV HDMI Port[/td][/tr][tr][td]Xbox Series X, HDMI 2.1[/td][td]HDMI 2.1[/td][td]HDMI 2.1 = 4K at 120hz[/td][/tr][tr][td][td][td][/tr][tr][td]Xbox Series X, HDMI 2.1[/td][td]HDMI 2.1[/td][td]HDMI 2.0 = 4K at 60hz[/td][/tr][/table]

"So o can connect the hdmi 2.1 to a regular 4 k 2.0 hdmi port but I will not get the full experience or there will be like some xbox series xs that have different cables."

Yes, you can connect a HDMI 2.1 cable to a HDMI 2.0 port on your TV, you'll just be limited to 4K at 60hz, which is no different to what it like to play on the Xbox One X right now,

[table][tr][td]Xbox Console HDMI Port[/td][td]HDMI Cable[/td][td]TV HDMI Port[/td][/tr][tr][td]Xbox One X, HDMI 2.0[/td][td]HDMI 2.0[/td][td]HDMI 2.0 = 4K at 60hz[/td][/tr][tr][td][td][td][/tr][tr][td]Xbox One X, HDMI 2.0[/td][td]HDMI 2.0[/td][td]HDMI 1.4 = 4K at 24hz to 30hz[/td][/tr][/table]

As long as you have HDMI 2.0 port on your TV you'll be fine to use the Xbox Series X, but if your wanting to experience 4K at 120hz, you'll need a TV or Gaming monitor that has HDMI 2.1 ports.
Thema:

Full bandwidth HDMI 2.1

1. Full bandwidth HDMI 2.1 - Similar Threads - Full bandwidth HDMI

2. PC isn’t going full throttle when im Playing Xbox

in XboX Insiders
    PC isn’t going full throttle when im Playing Xbox: I feel like there is something holding back my PC from running games on the Xbox (PC version) to at least 30fps and when I play game from steam they are capable of doing and average of 50fps. I...
  3. UNable to play FALLOUT 76 full xbox gaming pass for PC

in XBoX on Windows
    UNable to play FALLOUT 76 full xbox gaming pass for PC: [img] Error code is totally not find any article on internet , so i dont know what's going on , i just want to play a game , Windows and the apps is updated. 28b7e608-84e6-4033-8c0a-a269fb7c7a06
  4. Game capture not recording full length

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game capture not recording full length: I have my captures set to 720 P and when I go to record three minutes or five minutes of my gameplay while I’m still in the game something happens and it causes the game the only record 10 seconds...
  5. New Xbox Store Video Game Trailers In Full Screen?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    New Xbox Store Video Game Trailers In Full Screen?: How do you make the video game trailers play in full screen? 2f7736a8-2363-4b28-a1ac-eec020681d7d
  6. Will having a full storage on the Xbox one hurt gameplay?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will having a full storage on the Xbox one hurt gameplay?: Hi, I have a full storage of all sorts of clips in my xbox. i was wondering if it would affect gameplay even in the slightest because I am having choppy gameplay and bad fps, Thank You...
  7. New Microsoft store doesn't preview games in full screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Microsoft store doesn't preview games in full screen: I used to like how I could shop for games and preview them full screen. I don't seem t be able to do this now with the new Microsoft store. Does anyone know how I can change that?...
  8. Unturned Beta, Anyone have an idea of when the full game will be released

in XboX Insiders
    Unturned Beta, Anyone have an idea of when the full game will be released: Is there anyone that has an idea of when the game will be released cause they just shut down the beta version submitted by /u/PiHell350 [link] [comments]
  9. Unable to install full title for Games With Gold-featured game of the month

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to install full title for Games With Gold-featured game of the month: There seems to be a problem in the Xbox store in which I can't install the full version of The Division, which is supposed to be a free game for this month through Games with Gold. I installed...
  10. Microsoft jigsaw will not open in full screen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft jigsaw will not open in full screen: Following an update in August, I lost the full screen toggle. Since then I have a new laptop with all new everything, with all the latest updates and drivers all updated. I have run the...