fullscreen issue in games

Discus and support fullscreen issue in games in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; in almost every game (games i tried are Homefront the revolution, fortnite, beyond two souls), when i go full screen there is an abnormal behavior in... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by siddharth_maheshwari, Nov 26, 2021.

1. fullscreen issue in games

in almost every game (games i tried are Homefront the revolution, fortnite, beyond two souls), when i go full screen there is an abnormal behavior in graphics, its not low frames its just like frame is loading in like parts and also there is vertical bars in games all the time when in full screen. i know i am unable to explain the issue and i do not have a video too cause when i try to record it from game bar that behavior stops, and phone recording is unable to capture the things. games in windnowed mode are working fine but not in full screen. some games are working fine in full screen mode too (tried far cry 5, far cry new dawn)i am using windows 11.

:)

siddharth_maheshwari, Nov 26, 2021
  2. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Hi there Sidd welcome to the community forum! Christopher here, an Xbox fan just like you and has been on Xbox for years already. I would really love to make your day by helping you out. I had this issue before, have you checked if your drivers are up to date?
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

None of my games use Fullscreen Optimizations in Windows 10

Hi,

What games are crashing? Some, or all of them?

Games from the Windows Store (or Game Pass) either have Fullscreen Optimization enabled by default or run in Windowed Borderless mode which shouldn't cause games to crash when attempting to ALT+TAB.

You can check whether Fullscreen Optimizations are enabled or not by opening the Xbox Game Bar via Win+G. If you are running in Fullscreen Exclusive, then the display brightness may be flicker. If you are in Fullscreen Optimizations, the Xbox Game Bar should pop up as an overlay.

Sounds more like a graphics driver issue to me.

Windows Apps can not have Fullscreen Optimization disabled as it's not possible to access their exe file to disable them.
  4. ZacDevinney Win User

Streaming Video/Games Freezes Unless I play windowed or a toolbar is up. Audio is fine.

Still no fix for the fullscreen issue :/ I have noticed though, even playing at the same resolution, I can fullscreen the app on my secondary monitor and it plays perfectly fine.
  5. bruhscrub Win User

broken cursor issue

Thanks for fixing my game, it works on full screen now but another problem with Roblox when I'm on the Microsoft app is that I cannot use fullscreen sometimes. As soon as I turn on fullscreen, the game goes fullscreen for a second before returning to normal. can you guide me on how to fix it?

Its really random if full screen works or not

Edit : If i full screen while im loading in the game , it will work but im wondering if theres another way to go fullscreen while im not loading
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox gamepass - A plague tale - Tiny window Issue

Hi,

You're lucky you managed to download the game. At the time of typing this reply I've been been trying to download it for the past hour with no success, but I digress..

While I don't have this game yet, I've seen a few issues with some games from the Windows Store and Game Pass with weird issues like this.

What resolution is your desktop set to?

What resolution is the game set to?

If like the above game resolution question you can actually see the in-game options, what display modes are present if any? I'm talking about options such as 'Fullscreen', 'Borderless' and 'Windowed'. I know these settings exist on the Steam version, so
    I'm assuming they're also in the Windows Store/Game Pass version? Does, 'Fullscreen' take you to fullscreen?

If your desired graphics resolution was 1080P (or 1920x1080) and you set your desktop resolution to this, then ran the game, is it fullscreen now?

Sorry for the questions. Ever since I saw the tech breakdown of this game via Digital Foundry I've been interested in playing it on PC. Once I get mine to download I'll let you know if I have the same issue.
Thema:

1. fullscreen issue in games - Similar Threads - fullscreen issue games

2. Native FullScreen Mode in UWP PC games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Native FullScreen Mode in UWP PC games: Hi, Is there any way to enable a real full screen mode instead of the stuttery borderless one? It always works worse, specially with variable refresh rates. If not, please Microsoft, address...
  3. None of my games use Fullscreen Optimizations in Windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    None of my games use Fullscreen Optimizations in Windows 10: For anyone that doesn't know Windows 10 should automatically run fullscreen games in a borderless windowed mode for faster ALT+TABing which they call Fullscreen Optimizations, but for some reason...
  4. Minecraft Bedrock Fullscreen Glitch

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Bedrock Fullscreen Glitch: yo microsoft my minecraft win10 edition's fullscreen ain't working correctly, everytime I look around the taskbar pops out of nowhere and next thing I know the game is closed. please help...
  5. Please help me. Xbox Gamebar records but not fullscreen.

in XBoX on Windows
    Please help me. Xbox Gamebar records but not fullscreen.: this is the video that I recorded earlier. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-HS0eEUnROdqyqKzbFzrZ4UZ0AN1hWo0/view?usp=sharing 8b6fde24-1ac3-4eba-9965-51e98422ddd8
  6. Torchlight III always starting in windowed fullscreen mode

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Torchlight III always starting in windowed fullscreen mode: I'm playing Torchlight III on the Game Pass, and every single time I launch it, it starts in fullscreen windowed mode. The thing is, when I go to the settings, it says that it is in fullscreen...
  7. Can't launch Final Fantasy XIII for PC on Fullscreen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't launch Final Fantasy XIII for PC on Fullscreen: I got a month of game pass to play Final Fantasy XIII for PC however there are some difficulties. When I launch the game I can play it on Windowed mode in a maximum of 1920x1080, in my 4K 28"...
  8. Issue with streaming xbox fullscreen on chromeOS, related to taskbar/shelf

in XBoX on Mobile
    Issue with streaming xbox fullscreen on chromeOS, related to taskbar/shelf: I discovered an issue with playing fullscreen on the android app: The fullscreen android app won't use the space where the taskbar used to be, even though it's running "true" fullscreen. Even when...
  9. Xbox Game Pass PC Fullscreen Issues

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Pass PC Fullscreen Issues: I noticed that changing the resolution of games does not change the input signal for my monitor. When I change e.g. My Time at Portia to 1920x1080 the input signal stays on 3840x2160 which is...
  10. Fullscreen issue on Metro 2033 Redux (via Game pass on PC)

in XBoX on Windows
    Fullscreen issue on Metro 2033 Redux (via Game pass on PC): So I'm attempting to run Metro 2033 redux on my dell gtx 1050ti laptop (native 4k screen) after installing it via game pass (windows store) and when I run it at 1920x1080, it remains in windowed...