Game Add-Ons not sharing with my family members

Discus and support Game Add-Ons not sharing with my family members in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have just bought an Xbox bundle which came with Minecraft "Starter Pack" and "Creator Pack" add ons plus 1000 Mine coins. This was bought for both my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Buck1975, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Buck1975
    Buck1975 Guest

I have just bought an Xbox bundle which came with Minecraft "Starter Pack" and "Creator Pack" add ons plus 1000 Mine coins. This was bought for both my children who are set up as family members under my Microsoft account. I must add, I do not play minecraft
    of have no intention to. Like all games now, there is no instructions, but applying logic I redeemed the codes for these 3 add-ons to the primary account (me) expecting them to be shared with my childrens account. Now we see that they do not have any of
    these add-ons/coins, they are all in teh one account not placying Minecraft. I would say Rookie mistake, but there were no instructions.

1. How can these add-ons be setup to share with my children, i.e. both can use the add ons?

2. How can the coins be transfered from an account that does not play minecraft to my childrens account or at least one of them so that they can be used at least.

Help on this will be much appreciated as first experience for my children is wishing they hadn't bought an Xbox out of their own money.

:)

Buck1975, Jul 1, 2020
    1 person likes this.
  2. Buck1975 Win User

Thanks all for your advice.
  3. MadamAmanda Win User

4. Smwutches Win User

You would need to make sure you have the console set as your Home console. Any content that can be shared will then be shared with any other profiles using that console. https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/console/my-home-xbox

Not all content can be shared, so they may still not have access to everything. In-game consumables, like coins, are not shareable and would only be usable by your account. There is no way to transfer content between accounts.
  5. CinderGhost Win User

Hi hi,

Game add-ons/content packs are a bit different than an DLC/Expansion Pack for a game. Rather than being “attached” to the game, they are “attached” to the account they are purchased under. Family sharing will not transfer these in-game funds and content
    across multiple accounts, so if two people using two different accounts wanted the same add-ons, they would have to buy them on both accounts (as they are separate people). You could always request a refund for the account that won’t be using them and explain
    the situation to Microsoft here at this link

https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/...scriptions/digital-goods-subscriptions-refund

If you do get refunded or compensated, make sure from now on to purchase content packs and such on your child’s account.
  6. Buck1975 Win User

Thanks, most appreciated, albeit not great when you have to purchase the add ons for each of your children.
Thema:

1. Game Add-Ons not sharing with my family members - Similar Threads - Game Add Ons

2. Achievements vanished along with paid game add ons

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Achievements vanished along with paid game add ons: So my husband and i had an Xbox One. We had completely most of MW3 including Chaos on all difficulties. Last night we went to play and it showed we were level one, all the progress we had was...
  3. Not being able to buy games or add-ons form the store. Location problem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Not being able to buy games or add-ons form the store. Location problem: I reside in Nepal and I cannot purchase anything form the Xbox store. I originally bought the Xbox from the United States and now have moved to Nepal and now when I try to purchase anything from...
  4. game share add ons

in XBoX Games and Apps
    game share add ons: I have been gamesharing with a friend of mine for a long time now, and he has been with me as well , we share games and etc. when we used to buy add ons for games we both used to get them. now...
  5. Game add-ons

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game add-ons: Hi, I would like to know if the game add-ons I buy now will work for the next generation. 3ee6b0fa-61f6-4157-a717-394c9b360a3a
  6. Game Add-ons do not work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game Add-ons do not work: I have a constant issue with game add-ons not showing / working. My new xbox one came with Forza4 / Lego Speed Champions and even though Lego Speed Champions showed as installed, there was no way...
  7. Purchasing add-ons for a backwards compatible game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Purchasing add-ons for a backwards compatible game: I’m attempting to purchase add-ons for Fallout New Vegas but when I do on my Xbox One console an error message occurs and says that the purchase cannot go through. When I try to do the same thing...
  8. Game paid add ons

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game paid add ons: Paid game add ons downloaded but don't show up in game d2fedf24-6567-41e4-9aaf-57e1e7f96bb9
  9. Can't find leftover add-ons/shrinkable games - Alpha Ring

in XboX Insiders
    Can't find leftover add-ons/shrinkable games - Alpha Ring: Hello, I'm in the Alpha Ring, version 2004.200319-0000 and I was doing some storage manage this morning and for the life of me I can't find the Leftover add-ons/shrinkable games menus anywhere....
  10. Game add-ons show as installed but are not

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game add-ons show as installed but are not: Game tells me required add-on not installed, takes me to this menu where game says it is installed and won't let me do anything? [img] When I look in 'Manage game & add-ons' the 2 ticked...