Game add-ons show as installed but are not

Discus and support Game add-ons show as installed but are not in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Game tells me required add-on not installed, takes me to this menu where game says it is installed and won't let me do anything? [img] When I look... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SamHunter3, Feb 29, 2020.

1. SamHunter3
    SamHunter3 Guest

Game tells me required add-on not installed, takes me to this menu where game says it is installed and won't let me do anything?

Game add-ons show as installed but are not [​IMG]

When I look in 'Manage game & add-ons' the 2 ticked add-ons are not there. What?? I'm so confused.

Does anyone have any ideas?

:)

SamHunter3, Feb 29, 2020
  2. SamHunter3 Win User

Thank you for your help. It looks like i have it working now. When reinstalling the game for the third time, the same add-ons downloaded. The difference this time is that when I go into the manage add-ons I have the option to download the missing ones. They
    are currently downloading so my fingers are crossed. My only concern is that I'm still none the wiser as to what caused the issue.

I have cleared those bits in the settings you suggested as that seems something sensible to do anyway.
  3. XBF Steven R Win User

Hey there SamHunter3,

Thanks for reaching out to the Forums for advice on how to hopefully get your console to let you update this game. I can totally understand how this could be pretty disheartening but hopefully provided the right troubleshooting, we can help out. I suggest going
    to Settings> Devices and Streaming> Blu-ray> persistent storage in the Xbox One Guide and clearing that three times. Once that has been done, go to Settings>
    General> Network Settings> Advanced Settings> Alternate MAC address
    , clearing that and letting your console restart as a quick preliminary means of troubleshooting.

If that does not do the trick, next try a soft reset of the console. It's a reset of your console back to factory settings but one that does not uninstall any of your games or apps and is a really good troubleshooting
    step for most issues.

When and if you need, follow the steps here on
    How to reset your console to factory defaults on Xbox One
    , select the option denoted reset and keep my games & apps, and let us know how that helps with the issue

Hope this helps

Thanks for reading!
  4. SamHunter3 Win User

I have tried a restart. The add-ons show as installed when in the window shown in my picture but are not so there is nothing to uninstall. I have tried reinstalling the whole game only to end up back in the same place
  5. Nick Hern Win User

I would recommend restarting your console. Along with going to the add-ins and pressing start on them, uninstalling and then reinstalling. Then launch the game fresh again and see if the results are the same or if that fixes it.
  6. XBF Leo G Win User

Hey SamHunter3,

Thank
    you for letting us know that the issue has been fixed. We'll be locking the thread as the issue has been resolved. If you require any help with any other issues, please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance. If anyone needs assistance
    with this issue or any other issues, we suggest creating a new thread.

Thank you
    again and have a great day
    SamHunter3!
Thema:

1. Game add-ons show as installed but are not - Similar Threads - Game add ons

2. Game Add-Ons not sharing with my family members

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game Add-Ons not sharing with my family members: I have just bought an Xbox bundle which came with Minecraft "Starter Pack" and "Creator Pack" add ons plus 1000 Mine coins. This was bought for both my children who are set up as family members...
  3. Achievements vanished along with paid game add ons

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Achievements vanished along with paid game add ons: So my husband and i had an Xbox One. We had completely most of MW3 including Chaos on all difficulties. Last night we went to play and it showed we were level one, all the progress we had was...
  4. Not being able to buy games or add-ons form the store. Location problem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Not being able to buy games or add-ons form the store. Location problem: I reside in Nepal and I cannot purchase anything form the Xbox store. I originally bought the Xbox from the United States and now have moved to Nepal and now when I try to purchase anything from...
  5. game share add ons

in XBoX Games and Apps
    game share add ons: I have been gamesharing with a friend of mine for a long time now, and he has been with me as well , we share games and etc. when we used to buy add ons for games we both used to get them. now...
  6. Game add-ons

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game add-ons: Hi, I would like to know if the game add-ons I buy now will work for the next generation. 3ee6b0fa-61f6-4157-a717-394c9b360a3a
  7. Game Add-ons do not work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game Add-ons do not work: I have a constant issue with game add-ons not showing / working. My new xbox one came with Forza4 / Lego Speed Champions and even though Lego Speed Champions showed as installed, there was no way...
  8. Purchasing add-ons for a backwards compatible game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Purchasing add-ons for a backwards compatible game: I’m attempting to purchase add-ons for Fallout New Vegas but when I do on my Xbox One console an error message occurs and says that the purchase cannot go through. When I try to do the same thing...
  9. Game paid add ons

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game paid add ons: Paid game add ons downloaded but don't show up in game d2fedf24-6567-41e4-9aaf-57e1e7f96bb9
  10. Can't find leftover add-ons/shrinkable games - Alpha Ring

in XboX Insiders
    Can't find leftover add-ons/shrinkable games - Alpha Ring: Hello, I'm in the Alpha Ring, version 2004.200319-0000 and I was doing some storage manage this morning and for the life of me I can't find the Leftover add-ons/shrinkable games menus anywhere....