Game appearing as corrupted on Xbox One

Discus and support Game appearing as corrupted on Xbox One in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I had Grand Auto 5 updating around 2 weeks ago, it finished updating but as I went to open the game it started updating again. I then noticed that the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SassoftheSea, May 12, 2022.

1. SassoftheSea
    SassoftheSea Guest

I had Grand Auto 5 updating around 2 weeks ago, it finished updating but as I went to open the game it started updating again. I then noticed that the update had stopped and upon investigating I learned that something with the game had corrupted. I followed the instructions I got from the xbox of attempting to uninstall then re-install the game, but each time I attempted to re-install I was met with the same game corrupt message. I have a physical copy of the game, but got a second copy to test if the issue was with my copy, but the issue remains no matter which copy I use. I would really appreciate any help I can get to resolve this matter.

:)

SassoftheSea, May 12, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

Do you have an External hard drive plugged into your console? If yes, kindly unplug the hard drive and then perform a powercycle before reinstalling the game.

​​​

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​

Make sure to keep it unplug.
  3. Prestd Win User

Xbox 360 Disconnects from Xbox Live

I deleted 3 corrupt game files and that appears to have done the trick. Didn't think corrupt game files would cause Xbox Live problems. Thank you, Brosky.
  4. ImpaledGremlin Win User

this item appears to be corrupt

Just to check...

You have enough space to download onto as the cod files are massive ?

Are you using internal or external drive or a mix?
  5. BrewsterDean Win User

Thanks so much for your reply. Unfortunately, I have tried that several times with no luck.
  6. BrewsterDean Win User

Yes, I do have enough space. The message that pops up is also not the typical, "clear up some space" message.

I am using my xb1's internal drive.

Thanks.
Thema:

1. Game appearing as corrupted on Xbox One - Similar Threads - Game appearing corrupted

2. Cloud compatible game's won't appear on Xbox Cloud Gaming

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cloud compatible game's won't appear on Xbox Cloud Gaming: So i don't know if it's appearing for other people but for me some cloud compatible games (games that have the "Cloud Enabled" tag) won't appear on xCloud. The only example i can think of is...
  3. Owned games on XboxOne won’t install, the don’t appear in queue??

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Owned games on XboxOne won’t install, the don’t appear in queue??: Owned games will not download or show in managed queue on Xbox one, I can see 4 games sitting in owned games but they will not install, I have tried console reset, clearing cache, powering off,...
  4. Game Controller appears in Devices and Printers but not in Windows Game Controllers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game Controller appears in Devices and Printers but not in Windows Game Controllers: This is the current state. When I first plugged in the controller, it did show up in both places. However, in trying to use the controller, many of the buttons inside the game didn't work at all,...
  5. Xbox game pass on PC won't install games, stays stuck at 0% and doesn't appear to attempt...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox game pass on PC won't install games, stays stuck at 0% and doesn't appear to attempt...: I have game pass installed on my PC, however when I try and download a game, the platform never seems to try, and stays stuck at 0%. I've tried repairing, resetting and uninstalling, but nothing...
  6. Games on Game Pass Not appearing on my Hard drive.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games on Game Pass Not appearing on my Hard drive.: I've been struggling with this for a couple hours now, and I can't figure it out. I recently downloaded a whole bunch of games to my hard drive, but once I moved my hard drive off my laptop to my...
  7. The game "Ghost 1.0" doesn't appear in the search results

in XBoX on Windows
    The game "Ghost 1.0" doesn't appear in the search results: Hi, I wanted to check if the game "Ghost 1.0" was available for Xbox, so I searched for "ghost" on the page of all Xbox console games: https://www.xbox.com/en-us/games/all-games?cat=all It...
  8. Error code 8015190A appears after subscribing to game-pass ultimate

in XBoX Accessibility
    Error code 8015190A appears after subscribing to game-pass ultimate: Hello! I recently subscribed to xbox game-pass ultimate and now I get the error "Sorry, there's a problem with the credentials you're using''. I have been trying to fix this error for almost four...
  9. Error code (0x80070570) game reinstalls after deleting and appears to be corrupt on my Xbox...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error code (0x80070570) game reinstalls after deleting and appears to be corrupt on my Xbox...: Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War reinstalls everytime I delete it off my Xbox seagate hardive it stays installed but doesn’t take any space up on the seagate any ideas? It says it’s been corrupt...
  10. Game appears corrupted, deducting excessive coins and tickets.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game appears corrupted, deducting excessive coins and tickets.: my games keeps subtracting about double, sometimes more gold coins and tickets Started with 640 Coins and 60 tickets. Chose 5 cards and 3 nos. on power card. - down to 575 coins, when games...