Game audio not coming through headset

Discus and support Game audio not coming through headset in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My party also works fine no issues, and my game audio can come through my TV fine, but I can't make it come through my beadset when plugged in. Even... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MattNorfolk1, Jul 31, 2020 at 7:42 PM.

1. MattNorfolk1
    MattNorfolk1 Guest

My party also works fine no issues, and my game audio can come through my TV fine, but I can't make it come through my beadset when plugged in. Even with the headset plugged, the headset chat mixer is greyed out. Occasionally it might randomly work but
    I can't figure out to do it.

:)

MattNorfolk1, Jul 31, 2020 at 7:42 PM
  2. WorldsEmpire Win User

Xbox streaming

my audio from headset is coming through but no game audio.
  3. jcsheehan Win User

the newer 3.5mm controller

The chat headset is designed to only give you chat audio, and leave game audio coming through your television.

Any other headset will give you both game and chat audio through the headset, whether you use the new controller or the older version with the headset adapter.
  4. Danno McK. Win User

wired headset

Let me ask a basic question: you realize that the "game audio" doesn't come through the headset, right? The only audio potentially coming through the headset is the other players' chat in a multiplayer game or in an Xbox Live Party. Is he in a multiplayer
    game or Party when he "doesn't hear anything"?
  5. ooO StAsH Ooo Win User

Headset Echoing

If using headset for game audio and chat, mute the TV or any device your game and chat audio is coming through and make sure 'chat' is set to output through headset only. If you have your tv volume up in the background while you're on the headset there
    will probably be echoing especially if you have your party audio set to output through your TV.
  6. TEST F0R ECH0 Win User

XBOX One Chat Adapter & Turtle Beach Issue

Actually the chat adapter that they are selling as of today does send both game audio and chat audio. There are even two buttons on the adapter itself that you can use to adjust the game audio vs chat audio percentage. The new Polk headset and the two
    new Turtle Beach X1 headsets get all game and chat audio through the new stereo headset adapter that was released today.

I imagine that your modified version of the adapter is actually a much better solution for 3rd party headset users, because it was modified off of the chat microphone and adapter that came with the X1. It was designed to just deliver chat audio back and
    forth.

Now that Microsoft has gone down the road of both game and chat audio coming through the controller and adapter, it has changed the playing field. It is great if you use a headset that doesn't have any other audio signal coming to your headset.

Also, I did look through the link above. It is where I got the idea to turn game audio to 0% and chat audio to 100% coming through the adapter. Thanks for the idea though.
Thema:

1. Game audio not coming through headset - Similar Threads - Game audio coming

2. Xbox audio game chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox audio game chat: Recently my xbox game chat doesn’t come through my headset and only through my tv speakers. I only use the mic that came with my xbox one. Ive changed the settings to headset only but that hasnt...
  3. Xbox Streamers That Stream Through A PC, How Do You Split Your Party/Game Chat Audio

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Streamers That Stream Through A PC, How Do You Split Your Party/Game Chat Audio: Hello, I am getting to the point where I can start getting better equipment for my streams. I was curious as to the best way for me to be able to be able to hear audio coming from my PC and my...
  4. Xbox One X - use headset on receiver for game and chat audio - controller attached mic for...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X - use headset on receiver for game and chat audio - controller attached mic for...: I currently have my Xbox One X connected to a receiver via HDMI for video and sound output. I also have the standard Microsoft issued headset I use for chat (both to listen and to speak). I'm...
  5. party and game audio not coming through headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    party and game audio not coming through headset: for the past couple of days my party chat hasnt been coming through my headset , but if i set it to speakers i can hear it through my tv fine . my headset works fine when plugged into my laptop or...
  6. party and game audio not coming through headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    party and game audio not coming through headset: for the past couple of days my party chat hasnt been coming through my headset , but if i set it to speakers i can hear it through my tv fine . my headset works fine when plugged into my laptop or...
  7. Chat headset game audio coming through

in XBoX on Consoles
    Chat headset game audio coming through: Hi. Today after playing around woth the audio settings i started getting game audio through my chat headset. I reset all the settings to default but this didnt work. I even factory reset mt...
  8. Headset Adapter - Tritton Trigger - Game Audio coming through adapter and RCA connector - ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset Adapter - Tritton Trigger - Game Audio coming through adapter and RCA connector - ...: Would my Tritton Trigger work if i just used the 2.5mm to 3.5mm and plugged the 3.5mm straight in? e5bbf60c-f379-464b-b758-a296c000fe28
  9. A50 Headset on Xbox One, Game Audio comes in, Mic Chat out does not..

in XBoX on Consoles
    A50 Headset on Xbox One, Game Audio comes in, Mic Chat out does not..: hey guys, I have a pair of Astro A50's and I have a weird sitch.. So, before I purchased these I purchased the Xbox Stereo Headset which came with the adapter and they were great. I decided to...
  10. Headset Adapter - Tritton Trigger - Game Audio coming through adapter and RCA connector - ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset Adapter - Tritton Trigger - Game Audio coming through adapter and RCA connector - ...: I just got my headset adapter this morning in the post, now if you are wondering how I got my Tritton Trigger to work as the included cable has a puck that has plastic in the way is Madcatz sent...