Game audio not playing

Discus and support Game audio not playing in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; So today i was playing and was taking a break so i set my controller and headset down. I didnt think i put any force into breaking them. I get back to... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by DraftBacchus58, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Game audio not playing

So today i was playing and was taking a break so i set my controller and headset down. I didnt think i put any force into breaking them. I get back to my game and i cant hear any game audio. I go to the audio tab on the far right and the game to chat volume
    thing isnt there and my left headset speaker doesnt work either. I tried troubleshooting by putting different headsets in different controllers. Tried hard resetting my console and clearing the cache, that didnt work. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

:)

DraftBacchus58, Feb 19, 2019
  2. XBF Leo G Win User

Game audio not playing

Hello DraftBacchus58,

Thank you for keeping us updated. What is the make and model of the headset that you are using? We recommend checking the headset chat mixer setting in the audio settings. We will provide steps on how to access that specific setting. Be sure to let us know
    the results!

1. Press the Xbox button on the controller to pull up the guide
    2. Scroll to the Gear Icon and select Audio
    3. Adjust the Headset chat mixer setting
  3. DraftBacchus58 Win User

Game audio not playing

Also, if I select reset with my games and apps, will it delete my saved data on those games? or will it erase that?
  4. XBF Chris J Win User

Game audio not playing

Also, if I select reset with my games and apps, will it delete my saved data on those games? or will it erase that?
    Hello there,

Selecting "Reset and keep my games and apps" will not delete your save data as long as your console was connected to a network while you were playing. After resetting your console, your save data will come back the next time you launch that game.

Hope this helps!
  5. DraftBacchus58 Win User

Game audio not playing

I did this and it didn't fix my problem. I can't hear game audio through my controller. I've tried using different controllers, same result. Using different mics on those controllers, still same result. I've also used the headsets on different devices
    like my phone and PC and they work fine. To add to it I can hear chat audio, I just can't hear game audio through the headset. I'm thinking it's a controller issue or Xbox issue. I've changed the audio output to something else doesn't fix it.
  6. DerVaddi Win User

Game audio not playing

Thema:

Game audio not playing

1. Game audio not playing - Similar Threads - Game audio playing

2. Playing game audio through headset with recent update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Playing game audio through headset with recent update: A recent update changed the settings page and I can’t find the “Display and audio” option. All the answers i’ve seen say to go to that option to enable in-game audio through headsets, so how do i...
  3. Xbox Pc app wont uninstall/install/play games and audio issues

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Pc app wont uninstall/install/play games and audio issues: So I had installed the newest Ori game via the game pass and Metro last light onto my comp Via this app. After I had gotten into the driveable cart in metro the audio was nothing but fuzz and this...
  4. My mic won’t play game audio??

in XBoX on Consoles
    My mic won’t play game audio??: So i recently got a new Xbox since mine was destroyed 5 months ago. Anyways the mic i always used to use doesn’t have game audio most of the time. Sometimes i will get it but if it gets...
  5. Xbox One X - Game play, Bluray playback choppy audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X - Game play, Bluray playback choppy audio: So, on 9th March 2020 I reported, Bluray playback has software or hardware issue...
  6. Multiple issues while playing FF15. Including Audio cutouts, frame drops, game crashes, and...

in XboX Insiders
    Multiple issues while playing FF15. Including Audio cutouts, frame drops, game crashes, and...: FF15 seems to have several issues right now. Notes to start: Xbox One X Uplink: 3Mbps Down: 35Mbps Wired connection Game downloaded via Game Pass Royal Edition Subnautica is having similar issues...
  7. Xbox one party audio cutting out while playing Xbox 360 games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one party audio cutting out while playing Xbox 360 games: Whenever I want to play my 360 games while in a Xbox One party chat, the party audio just cuts out. This wasn’t an issue before, but now it is. I’m pretty sure it isn’t my connection, because I...
  8. Playing via Xbox Companion App xbox party/in-game audio

in XBoX Accessibility
    Playing via Xbox Companion App xbox party/in-game audio: without exiting the stream can u set up and be able to talk in an xbox party when streaming via the app. and should they be able to hear you in-game? pretty sure it used to work that when i was in...
  9. How to play game audio through headset?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to play game audio through headset?: I bought a headset with mic and plugged it in to a newer controller just fine. However I can't hear the game audio, which is a problem because the headset covers both ears. I went through all the...
  10. Xbox headset not playing game or party audio but I can still hear myself when I monitor my mic.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox headset not playing game or party audio but I can still hear myself when I monitor my mic.: So, I tried to plug my headset into my pc to see if it would work and it didn't. And when I tried to plug it back in, it didn't work. I scrolled over to audio and it rightly says a headset is...