Game Bar crashes when I try to join a game

Discus and support Game Bar crashes when I try to join a game in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; accepting game invites or try to join via the menu results in a Game Bar crash 592087b5-1675-4c16-be8f-b46068611609 Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by nickweymann, Mar 7, 2021.

1. nickweymann
    nickweymann Guest

accepting game invites or try to join via the menu results in a Game Bar crash

:)

nickweymann, Mar 7, 2021
  2. juicyguyzer Win User

LFG Crashing when I try to post

Hi Team,

When I try to post on LFG using the XBox Game Bar, the game bar crashes.

But if I join other people's LFG, it works fine without crashing.

Help would be appreciated.
    Update: I reinstalled the Xbox Game Bar (using
    this article
    ) and now it works! Thanks for all the help!
  3. NoEndings Win User

LFG Crashing when I try to post

Hi Team,

When I try to post on LFG using the XBox Game Bar, the game bar crashes.

But if I join other people's LFG, it works fine without crashing.

Help would be appreciated.
    Hi juicyguyzer,

Try restarting your console when this issue occurs. If this does not help feel free to request assistance from the xbox support team by calling them or by heading to their support site at (https://support.xbox.com/contact-us).

Hope this helped!
  4. WUIJIBOBO Win User

when i join party on game bar it crashs

Do the Xbox Beta or the Xbox Console Companion apps crash if you try to use those to join/start parties as well, or is it purely contained to Xbox Game Bar?
  5. CladsDad Win User

Xbox Console Companion App

Anytime i try to start or join a party on the xbox console companion app it just has a loading symbol next to my mouse for a few seconds and then the app completely crashes and now i just cant join partys anymore without the app crashing.
    The same thing also happens with the xbox game bar
  6. Clamz0r Win User

xbox game bar crashing

I have the same issue, it was bad before, but after the most recent update I received yesterday, Game Bar is almost unusable. It keeps crashing EVERY single time I bring it up so I have to do it twice and if I want to check who's online or join a party,
    it's going to crash AGAIN. It also takes multiple attempts to join the party chat and if I'm a part of one and receive an invite, Game Bar crashes again. Over and over and over again.

I just recently reset my Windows 10 and things got a lot better, but this is not good anymore. Is there a way to revert to the previous Game Bar version? I'm running Win 10 ver 1903 (18362.295) and Xbox Game Bar version is 3.32.290001.0
Thema:

1. Game Bar crashes when I try to join a game - Similar Threads - Game Bar crashes

2. XBox Game Bar Crashing and Refusing to Record

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBox Game Bar Crashing and Refusing to Record: So I decided to record something like google chrome using my xbox game bar because OBS lags my computer way too much. I did Windows Key + G, opened up the recording widget, and pressed record....
  3. Xbox Game Bar Freezes and Crashes When I Click on a Profile

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar Freezes and Crashes When I Click on a Profile: Pretty much what the subject says. Whenever I click on my profile or right-click another profile in the social tab, the game bar freezes and crashes. I have repaired, reset, and terminated the...
  4. Microsoft gaming bar VS nortons wscstub.exe file crashes for games ?

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft gaming bar VS nortons wscstub.exe file crashes for games ?: Anyone else had this problem with Microsoft gaming bar trying to target a Norton's protected file causing most of your games to strop working correctly with Civ6 crashing every time it try's to...
  5. Xbox game bar crashing when trying to use group finder.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox game bar crashing when trying to use group finder.: Like mentioned in the topic of this thread, when I try to make my own entry in group finder, the xbox game bar overlay closes and my entire desktop is refreshing for some reason? When I try to...
  6. XBOX GAME BAR CRASHES WHILE TRYING TO CREATE A POST

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX GAME BAR CRASHES WHILE TRYING TO CREATE A POST: Hi. I've tried to re-install all the xbox apps several times. Tried updating everything. Nothing seems to help. In the Xbox Game Bar everything seems to be working for me. But every time I...
  7. Xbox game bar kicking me from parties instantly and crashing the party

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox game bar kicking me from parties instantly and crashing the party: Whenever I try to join a party through the Xbox (beta) app or xbox console companion app on windows 10, it will say connecting under my friend's names then I will get a chime and it will have...
  8. Game Bar on Windows, party chat crashes nonstop

in XboX Insiders
    Game Bar on Windows, party chat crashes nonstop: Hello, A lot of my friends have been using Game Bar more frequently due to Modern Warfare since roughly half of us are on PC and the other half on Xbox. Those of us on PC are having the worst...
  9. Xbox Game Bar Crashing When Open

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar Crashing When Open: When ever I open Xbox Game Bar It shows up for 3 Seconds then it closes. Thanks f9c96c86-2131-4a82-96d3-0d0f9fc7b336
  10. Game Bar Crashes while trying to creating post in Looking For Group

in XBoX on Windows
    Game Bar Crashes while trying to creating post in Looking For Group: Game Bar Crashes while trying to creating post in Looking For Group in minecraft ı can click create post but after that game bar stops and closes f230ae19-71fa-4e9e-8872-6f7db9f7beed