Game Bar "record last 30 seconds" doesn't record mic unless I manually toggle it

Discus and support Game Bar "record last 30 seconds" doesn't record mic unless I manually toggle it in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello, I like to use the "record last 30 second" feature of the xbox gamebar. However, if I'm playing a game and hit win+alt+G my mic will not be... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by ThopCop, May 17, 2022.

1. ThopCop
    ThopCop Guest

Game Bar "record last 30 seconds" doesn't record mic unless I manually toggle it

Hello,

I like to use the "record last 30 second" feature of the xbox gamebar. However, if I'm playing a game and hit win+alt+G my mic will not be recorded. All the other audio is fine and is recorded, just not my own voice. I have found that manually selecting the "turn off mic while recording" button and immediately selecting it again (which now says "turn on mic while recording") the recording software will now actually record my mic. However, it is very annoying to have to toggle this button every time I start a game, especially if that game doesn't play nice with overlays. Is there any fix?

Just to recap: normally the capture does not pick up my mic, but if I toggle the mic in the game bar's capture window, it will now pick up my voice like it is supposed to.

Thanks.

:)

ThopCop, May 17, 2022
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Hi ThopCop,

We have not heard anything from you since our last reply. Please do not hesitate to create a new thread if you have new concerns. We hope that we have answered the issue you reported to us. We personally understand that finding time to work on this matter can be a little difficult to manage. Thus, we would like to let you know how much we appreciate your patience and most importantly the time you have dedicated to post here in Xbox Forums.

Regards,

3. Kathy A. Win User

Hi ThopCop,

We have noticed that you have not responded to our last message. We would like to know whether the issue you have raised with us is still ongoing. If yes, please let us know so that we can continue our conversation.

Regards,
  4. Kathy A. Win User

Hi ThopCop,

Greetings! Thank you for posting in Xbox Forums. We are happy to help.

We understand you are trying to record your last 30 seconds with your voice and game audio on. Let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner.

Based on your description, your Xbox Game Bar needs to turn off and turn back on before your microphone be detected or at least saved and be heard on recording. To better isolate your issue, we would like to ask for few questions:

1. May we ask if you are using an external microphone or headset's microphone?
    2. Do you have issues recording your voice if you are using Voice Recorder app on Windows?

To do that please go to Start Menu and search for Voice Recorder and record your voice.
    3. Is this issue happened after an update? Or same issue from the start of using the microphone.
    Suggested troubleshooting:

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  5. J4boi Win User

Turn off auto game clip saving?

You have to set it manually to automatically record the last 5 minutes, but on default it will record the last 30 seconds
  6. Cryptic Loner Win User

Xbox One X 4K Capturing Is Broken

Perhaps trying to manually record it for 30 seconds would work better than the pre-selection button of using 30 second records.

If 30 seconds do not work, try 1 minute recordings, then you could transfer the recorded files to your desktop to edit them into a 30 second clip.

Hopefully these work arounds can fix this strange occurance
Thema:

1. Game Bar "record last 30 seconds" doesn't record mic unless I manually toggle it - Similar Threads - Game Bar record

2. Xbox game bar does not record audio after tabbing out

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox game bar does not record audio after tabbing out: I use the "record last 30s" a lot and I noticed that if I tab out it just stops recording the audio permanently, in game as well, until I mute and unmute my mic. Why is this happening? EDIT: It...
  3. Xbox game bar recordings

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox game bar recordings: I had my captures folder saved to a harddrive that failed and now all of my clips are saved to the temp folder with no "captures" folder on the site. I don't know how to save these clips to a new...
  4. Xbox game bar recording glitchy when watching back

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox game bar recording glitchy when watching back: Hello! Recently my xbox game bar recorder seems to be broken. Regardless of what game I play, if I play on fullscreen or not or how do I start the recording, every time I watch back the recording...
  5. When using Xbox game bar on PC, how do you record the last 30 seconds and continue recording?

in XBoX on Windows
    When using Xbox game bar on PC, how do you record the last 30 seconds and continue recording?: Title. There's an option to record the last 30 seconds, but then that's it, it doesn't seem like there's an option to record the last 30 seconds of gameplay and then continue the recording, so...
  6. Xbox Game Bar Windows 11 Not recording or 30 second replay

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar Windows 11 Not recording or 30 second replay: I've ben having this issue for ages. My recording and 30 second replay always used to work but all of a sudden it hasn't. I'm on windows 11 and whenever I try to record it comes up with the error...
  7. Low audio when recording with xbox game bar

in XBoX on Windows
    Low audio when recording with xbox game bar: When I was recording with only game audio, the volume of the clips are perfectly normal. However, I wanted to record my friend's voice from discord so I changed it to record all audio, and the...
  8. Xbox game bar and screen record problems

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox game bar and screen record problems: I cannot open Xbox game bar even if I click windows and G. I also cannot screen record when playing a game. I have tried changing the shortcuts in settings but that doesn't work. I also tried...
  9. Game Bar "record last 30 seconds" doesn't record mic unless I manually toggle it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Bar "record last 30 seconds" doesn't record mic unless I manually toggle it: Hello, I like to use the "record last 30 second" feature of the xbox gamebar. However, if I'm playing a game and hit win+alt+G my mic will not be recorded. All the other audio is fine and is...
  10. XBox Game Bar Recorder

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    XBox Game Bar Recorder: I am trying to record my game and when I go to the XBox game bar to do so, the record buttons are grayed out. I used to record a lot a while ago and I liked how easy it was. All the settings are...