Game Bar record reduces system volume

Discus and support Game Bar record reduces system volume in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; When I start recording a game (or any app with sound), the output volume of the app being recorded reduces significantly, can hardly hear it. Volume... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by apac88888, Oct 6, 2019.

1. apac88888
    apac88888 Guest

When I start recording a game (or any app with sound), the output volume of the app being recorded reduces significantly, can hardly hear it. Volume returns to normal when I stop recording.. I have Game Bar set to record all sounds - system and mic.

:)

apac88888, Oct 6, 2019
  2. Ricardo Cintra Win User

You tried configure the sound of the Game Bar in Windows Settings?
  3. apac88888 Win User

I have tried every setting I can find for sound and game bar. I found nothing that controls the volume of app output when Game Bar is recording.

But where exactly do you mean when you say "sound of the Game Bar in Windows Settings"
  4. J4CK 84U3R Jr Win User

Xbox Game Bar audio controls don't affect game volume?

I Think with the audio Controls In Xbox Game Bar Affect the Transmission and recording gameplayers, but no affect the game volume, for that you need change in game
  5. Tezzarrific Win User

Xbox Game Bar makes PC constantly lag whenever I try to record game footage

the laptop drive is most likely struggling, you have the system using the drive, the game using the drive and then your asking it to record, you will need to reduce the quality of the recording in settings and reduce resource use.
  6. ItsRelativity Win User

In game Vs party volume

Hi no its definitely not a headset issue as i can only change the overall volume and reducing that only maked the in game volume even harder to hear. I am tryig to just reduce party volume but cant reduce it further without it being muted completely.
Thema:

1. Game Bar record reduces system volume - Similar Threads - Game Bar record

2. Xbox Game Bar recording mic off by default.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar recording mic off by default.: So, I sometimes want to clip a moment in a game in which my mic audio is important. But Xbox Game Bar turns my microphone off in recording, so I have to activate it every time I open a game, and...
  3. Xbox Game Bar not recording microphone by default

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar not recording microphone by default: I have gone through all of my settings to make sure everything has permissions and that all of my recording options are turned on. Seeing other people's posts, this has been a known bug for a long...
  4. Very Bad Audio When Recording With Xbox game Bar

in XBoX on Windows
    Very Bad Audio When Recording With Xbox game Bar: Whenever i record with the Xbox game bar or make a clip its very Choppy and staticky. I use this software for my YouTube but i cant use a lot of my recording's because of it....
  5. Windows Game Bar Starts Muted and doesn't Record; by default, it is always muted unless I...

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows Game Bar Starts Muted and doesn't Record; by default, it is always muted unless I...: Many times I forget to unmute at start-up of recording; the result is that I have to squander my recording. For more details check out this thread on Reddit -...
  6. Cant change maximum record time for game bar

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant change maximum record time for game bar: When i try to record on xbox game bar on windows it only last for 30 seconds even though i have it set for max rocord time for 2 hours 7e578a08-ad48-4762-bcd1-773cce3aacdb
  7. "record game clips screenshots and broadcast using game bar will not stay on"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "record game clips screenshots and broadcast using game bar will not stay on": Game Bar record game clips screenshots and broadcast using game bar will not stay on [img] Whenever I switch the "record game clips screenshots and broadcast using Game Bar will not stay on"...
  8. Xbox game bar not recording

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox game bar not recording: I'm trying to record using the game bar. When I click on the microphone it tells me "Your privacy settings are blocking your microphone" with a link to go fix it. That takes me to the privacy...
  9. Xbox game bar unable to background record.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox game bar unable to background record.: Hi there. I'm having issues with my gamebar, and I'm on desktop. It opens fine, and the captures tab opens but whenever I try to begin recording or start background recording, I always get a, "We...
  10. win10 Xbox game bar not recording with GPU

in XBoX on Windows
    win10 Xbox game bar not recording with GPU: I found the game bar for recording videos a week or two ago. (winkey+G) Niffty little program. But after installing an Radeon hd 6850 graphics card (and updating its drivers) the record option is...