Game Bar/Xbox App not Showing Game

Discus and support Game Bar/Xbox App not Showing Game in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; So I play on PC, and for a long time, ever since I got my PC, close to a year now, it showed what game I'm playing, on Game Bar and Xbox App. But for... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/ap3x_lambo, Oct 14, 2021.

1. Game Bar/Xbox App not Showing Game

So I play on PC, and for a long time, ever since I got my PC, close to a year now, it showed what game I'm playing, on Game Bar and Xbox App. But for around 4 days now, it hasn't. I've tried restarting my PC and it doesn't work. Help, please.

submitted by /u/ap3x_lambo
    [link] [comments]

/u/ap3x_lambo, Oct 14, 2021
  2. WUIJIBOBO Win User

Xbox Game Bar to record

If you're referring to the Xbox Game Bar on PC, it saves to your hard drive as default. If you go to the Settings app on your PC, click on 'Gaming', and then on the side bar, click on 'Captures'. That will show you where the Xbox Game Bar recordings and
    screenshots are stored.
  3. Ledtherebelight Win User

XBox Game Bar Audio Mixer

Hi Dan,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums.

That's pretty odd that the volume adjustments for other apps have disappeared from the Game Bar. What apps did you normally use this feature with and are those apps currently open and running? Have you checked in the Microsoft Store for any updates to the
    Game Bar? Or checked for any new updates to Windows?

If everything is up to date, and if the apps that worked before are running in the background, but you cannot adjust the volume for those apps through the Game Bar, then it may be best to restart Game Bar.

1. Close the game or app.
    2. In the search box on the Windows taskbar, type Task Manager, and then select it.
    3. In Task Manager, select More details.
    4. In the list of running processes, select the Broadcast bar server (bcastdvr.exe) process (if it's still there), and then select
      End task.
    5. Restart your game or app and check the Game Bar again.

Let us know if this helps!
    I've used Ziggo Go, Firefox, Chrome. (They are running now, but don't show up). It also used to showed some other apps, but I don't remember which ones.

Game bar and Windows are up to date.

I can't find the bcastdvr.exe process, closed other game bar processes, but didn't solve anything.
  4. xDevilxGirlx421 Win User

Can't Upload Screenshots or Video Clips

Hi,

i believe in order to upload a screenshot to xbox you need to capture it with the xbox game bar then upload it through the xbox companion app and then it should show on your xbox profile
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

How to Show yourself online or Offline on PC ..

Hi,

While it can be done via the companion app, the quickest way is via the Windows Game Bar via
    Xbox Social. You can access the Game Bar in either of two ways:

With an Xbox controller attached to the PC, access the Game Bar by pressing the Xbox button.

Without a controller via the keyboard, you can access it by holding down the
    Windows Key
    and pressing G on the keyboard.

Depending on how the Game Bar is set up on the PC a number of Windows will be displayed. Showing as Online or Offline is available in the
    Xbox Social window. To configure the game bar to your liking, press the
    Overlay Menu, next to the time. This will allow you to change what Windows of the Game Bar are displayed.

Full information including a tutorial video can be found here: Customize Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10
  6. RyanDickey Win User

Game Bar and Xbox Companion Network bug

Game Bar and Xbox app conflict withneach other so bad. Once I installed Game Bar i had to remove Xbox App. But in the last two weeks Game Bar is working really bad. It refuses to let me join party chats. I send invites to party chat as well do not work.
    I tried to go back to xbox app since i can not tolerate half working software, and now Xbox app half works. No notification comes up at all for Xbox app but Game Bar persists even when i shut it of. I wanted uninstall Game Bar but you cant.

Game Bar is cool and all but not worth it. How do i get rid of it?
Thema:

Game Bar/Xbox App not Showing Game

1. Game Bar/Xbox App not Showing Game - Similar Threads - Game Bar App

2. Party Chat through Xbox Companion App/Game Bar

in XBoX on Windows
    Party Chat through Xbox Companion App/Game Bar: Problem: I recently purchased a Shure sm7b mic, cloud lifter, and goXLR mixer and set up a new PC to split game audio from party chat audio because I stream from an xbox one console through a...
  3. Recent players list Game Bar and Xbox App

in XBoX on Windows
    Recent players list Game Bar and Xbox App: Recent players list is not showing up on the Game Bar nor in the Xbox App on my main gamertag. But on an alternative account I have, recent players list is there.. Why? Is it possible to...
  4. Moving Xbox Game Bar captures to Xbox companion app (Windows 10)

in XBoX on Windows
    Moving Xbox Game Bar captures to Xbox companion app (Windows 10): Hi everyone, I’m having a hard time figuring out how to move game bar captures on my windows 10 pc to the Xbox mobile application so I can view my captures on the go. I download games through...
  5. How do I make unistalled games stop showing up on the left bar on Xbox app for Windows 10...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I make unistalled games stop showing up on the left bar on Xbox app for Windows 10...: Hello, it's the first time I'm using this forum, which means I might have made some mistakes choosing which category to post this call for help. English is not my native language, sorry for any...
  6. how to develop an app like xbox game bar

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how to develop an app like xbox game bar: I want to develop an app that can display on the current full screen games or any window. The functions and behavors are just like xbox game bar. Anyone knows how xbox game bar is designed? game...
  7. Unable to login to Xbox app or Xbox game bar on Windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to login to Xbox app or Xbox game bar on Windows 10: I did a reset to my pc a few days ago and I tried to log in to Xbox but I click "Sign In" and the Xbox windows flashes for a second and goes away. I have tried signing in with the Xbox app and it...
  8. Xbox PC App Keeps Asking Me To Install Xbox Game Bar

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox PC App Keeps Asking Me To Install Xbox Game Bar: Hello, This topic will be 100% for the Windows PC Xbox App. A while back I uninstalled the Xbox services with Revo Uninstaller and everything was fine. I reinstalled the first Xbox app, and just...
  9. Xbox App and Xbox Game Bar Sign In button not working

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox App and Xbox Game Bar Sign In button not working: I recently bought a new PC that runs on Windows 10. After installing the Xbox app off of the Microsoft store I attempted to sign in. After hitting the sign in button a grey box popped up then...
  10. Can't log into Xbox App, Console Companion or Xbox Game Bar

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't log into Xbox App, Console Companion or Xbox Game Bar: When I try and sign into the Xbox app it does nothing. Sometimes the sign in window will open and will show nothing but the grey background and then it will close. This is very frustrating as I...