Game captures not working.

Discus and support Game captures not working. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right area so I apologize if it's not, I just can't find where to go with this issue I've tried Twitter's Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Stole Your Soul, Feb 13, 2020 at 7:13 AM.

1. Game captures not working.

I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right area so I apologize if it's not, I just can't find where to go with this issue I've tried Twitter's Xbox Support with no response and I've had this issue for months.

The Problem:

I can capture screenshots no problem but whenever I capture a game clip I get the notification immediately that the clip was recorded and I hold the guide button to open it but nothing is there (I've recorded many clips over the span of these few months)
    but when managing captures it will only show my screenshots.

At first I though it was storage but I have 500gbs free on internal (my main capture location) and 1.8tb free on the external where I've tried setting as the capture location but it didn't work so I just deleted every clip and capture I had (I assumed that
    capture had their own limited storage and was getting frustrated) but this didn't help either so I'm at a complete loss on what to do and it's very upsetting because I use this feature a lot to compete with friends on awesome clips as well as sending in awesome
    plays for videos.

Please, if anyone knows what is happening or where I can go for help I could really use a hand.
    Game captures not working. [​IMG]

These picture are the only thing I can think of to show whats happening since I don't know how to post a video of it.

:)

Stole Your Soul, Feb 13, 2020 at 7:13 AM
  2. Stole Your Soul Win User

This is happening on xbox one, I used to record clips a lot, (before it stopped working) but I've never had a problem before whenever I'd get the notification before that it was recorded I'd hold the guide button during the notification to open it and it
    would have a progress bar but now it says "check back soon! We're getting your clip ready" but I've recorded things many times while it's been broken like this the past few months and I have no clips available only my screenshots have shown up. (Screenshots
    work like normal)

All my old clips shown up just fine.. I mean ive since deleted them all in an attempt to fix the issue but they were all there while recording new ones wasn't working.
  3. PalmettoBling Win User

Just to check, is this on Xbox One console or PC via Game Bar? Has it worked previously at any point?

With captures, it can take sometime for it to record and encode the video before it's posted, but it would show up at a later time. You're not seeing any historical captures?

As a long shot, one thing I would check is the configuration of your
    Privacy and Online Safety Settings
    for your account to see if it is set to allow video captures. I would think it would give you a message when you try, if it's set to not allowing, but I haven't tried it myself, so I'm not 100% sure.
  4. Stole Your Soul Win User

I tried your first solution with no luck unfortunately, I'd try the second but I'm game sharing with someone and it would be too much of a hassle (for him) because he has the memory of a goldfish...

It seems like a reset might be the only solution but I've been trying to avoid it because of that reason lol.

I'm going to continue looking for another way to fix it but thank you for the help I really appreciate it.

If I go through the second method later on I'll make sure to confirm whether or not it fixes it.
  5. SpiralOut46and2 Win User

That's very strange. Have you checked your security settings, specifically for your capture settings, to make sure that video is allowed to be recorded? There are ways to disable this, as there are ways to also disable audio, microphone and any type of
    recording or steaming through the console settings. I would check all of your settings and make sure that video is not disabled somewhere by accident.
  6. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi Stole Your Soul

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. I'd be happy to help!

If the issue is not storage related, then the issue could be related to the operating system, so please try the following troubleshooting steps.

• While the Xbox is on, go ahead and do a hard reset and
      power cycle
      to the console. Hold down the power button on the console for about 10 seconds or until it shuts down. Once the Xbox is off, remove the power cable from the Xbox and the power outlet for about 5 minutes. Then re-connect and wait 60 seconds
      before turning on the Xbox. Holding down the power button on the console to force a hard reset and then removing the power cable are both important steps.
    • If that doesn't help then you will need to try out a soft factory reset.
      1. Press the Xbox button on the controller to open the guide.
      2. Scroll to the right and select System > Settings > System > Console info.
      3. Select Reset console.
      Make sure to select "Keep my games & apps" and have the correct account login information plus your Wi-Fi password ready if you connect wireless because you will need to re-add the accounts that were on the Xbox and re-connect to your network during the
      reset.

Please let us know the results!
Thema:

1. Game captures not working. - Similar Threads - Game captures working

2. Screenshot captured in game won't load to my OneDrive. When uploading, the message says it...

in XboX Insiders
    Screenshot captured in game won't load to my OneDrive. When uploading, the message says it...: [IMG] submitted by /u/jskilljoy [link] [comments]
  3. Fortnite game captures NOT WORKING

in XBoX on Windows
    Fortnite game captures NOT WORKING: I am having issues with the windows game bar Game Captures feature. Whenever I "Record that" while I am playing Fortnite, the recording will only show a frozen image of my screen right before I...
  4. Xbox Game Bar captures not working

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar captures not working: I'm having trouble with taking clips with the Xbox Game Bar, but particularly with Fortnite. Whenever I try to take a capture only the game audio plays and the video is just a still image of...
  5. my xbox capture (game DVR?) wont work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my xbox capture (game DVR?) wont work: as the title suggests my xbox capture wont work and when it does it forces me into the "record what happened" screen and i cant back out of it! and its on because i checked numerous times and its...
  6. Game Capture not working after "Alt-Tab"ing out of a game.

in XBoX on Windows
    Game Capture not working after "Alt-Tab"ing out of a game.: Hello. I am posting this question in hopes that either someone has an easy solution or Microsoft will see and maybe include something in future updates that would prevent this from happening. I...
  7. Win + G and win + ALT + R for game captures are not working in some games?

in XBoX on Windows
    Win + G and win + ALT + R for game captures are not working in some games?: When I enter the game, I do not receive any results when I press win + R. 36511994-1271-439a-9755-048197803344
  8. Game Capture to External Drive DOESN'T WORK??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game Capture to External Drive DOESN'T WORK??: Hi all, So this 'Fall Update' is supposed to allow us to record gameplay straight to an external hard drive, providing it's formatted NTFS and at least USB 3.0. I'm using a drive that is both of...
  9. Game DVR will not work even after hard reset and my captures/recordings i have are <20

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game DVR will not work even after hard reset and my captures/recordings i have are <20: The DVR has not worked for a good part of about a year and then a few days ago works fine. Allowing me to press x and y after pressing the home button, where previously they are always not showing...
  10. Game DVR not working and captures not showing up

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game DVR not working and captures not showing up: game dvr not working correctly and captures not showing up keep getting error saying something went wrong with error code 0x87c40156 any help to solve this would be much appreciated thanks...