Game Captures

Discus and support Game Captures in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Why is every Xbox clip I try and record broken!? Literally every time I have something I want to record using YOUR built-in service, it records the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MJL_Luke, Aug 2, 2020 at 3:22 AM.

1. MJL_Luke
    MJL_Luke Guest

Game Captures

Why is every Xbox clip I try and record broken!? Literally every time I have something I want to record using YOUR built-in service, it records the 10-15 seconds before the event I wanted to record. This is EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. I am always disappointed
    to see that your service doesn't even work how it is supposed to. I've also tried changing it up on my end and using a different method to record clips, through the capture option when pressing the select button after entering the Xbox menu, but nope, this
    doesn't work either. This has been an issue for far too long and if you guys are already packing up your bags and moving to the Series X without even addressing simple issues such as these on your current console, then I totally understand why Sony has done
    better than you in recent years and why they will continue to do better than Microsoft. Prove me wrong. Fix the issues on your current console before moving on so your 9 year-long players like me will be satisfied. Thanks for your time.

:)

1 person likes this.
  2. Fl0ydPinkert0n Win User

Cannot take screenshots

Try going into Settings, Preferences, and then Capture & Share.

From there check to see if under Capture in the first block that says, "Allow game captures", and see if it either shows: "Captures by me or games" or "Capture by me."

If it says, "Don't capture", then change it to either one of the other two options.
  3. Thorbjørn Jensen Win User

Streaming Via Twitch

4. KaiChandan Win User

Video Clips on Xbox One S

Here are my settings:

allow game captures: captures by me

record what happened: 5 minutes

automatically upload: captures by me

game clip resolution: 720p SDR

Capture location: internal
  5. rhysedwards2 Win User

Xbox clips not working

Captured by me or games, 30 seconds, Captured by me or games, 1080p SDR, internal
  6. Zenosos Win User

Forza Horizon 4 Not Allowing Game Capture With Any Streaming Software

Sorme games require a different capture format as they dont work correctly for example some games cant be captured using desktop capture option. What streaming software you use? Obs, slobs? Etc
Thema:

Game Captures

1. Game Captures - Similar Threads - Game Captures

2. Game Chat Capture

in XBoX Accessibility
    Game Chat Capture: I was wondering if there is a feature to allow recording of game chat when you capture clips? I've noticed it will record party chat but outside of that it doesn't record game chat. I've tried...
  3. Is there a way to force game bar capture gameplay at only 60fps?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there a way to force game bar capture gameplay at only 60fps?: Dear Experts, I have been messing around the game bar but nothing works. The selection is 60fps but the actual recorded files are variable, sometimes 70fps, 80fps or higher. This causes the...
  4. Xbox Game Capture Broken (4K60)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Game Capture Broken (4K60): Several months ago, I was using the 4K60 Game capture consistently with no flaws. Now every time I record I can't get the recording to show as 4K, instead it shows as 1080p. I reported this in the...
  5. Xbox 4K60 Game Capture Shows 1080p30

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 4K60 Game Capture Shows 1080p30: Several months ago, I was using the 4K60 Game capture to an external hard drive consistently with no flaws. Now every time I record I can't get the recording to show as 4K, instead it shows as...
  6. Game capture recording 5 seconds

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game capture recording 5 seconds: Sometimes my game capture only captures 5 Seconds. I have it set for 30 seconds, 1080p SDR, saving internally. I have 337 GB of storage free on my console. The problem isn't lack of storage. Xbox...
  7. Can’t add microphone to game captures

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t add microphone to game captures: So today I was trying to add my microphone audio to my game clips when I’m recording them, and I noticed that the option to do that is completely gone and I can’t record videos with my microphone...
  8. USB game capture not working (0x80bd003b)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    USB game capture not working (0x80bd003b): When i select to use my flash drive for my capturing it tells me to use a 3.0 the one i am using is a 3.0 and it worked yesterday I have tried reformatting it with quick format untick, i have...
  9. Is 4K capture in Game DVR still broken for all rings?

in XboX Insiders
    Is 4K capture in Game DVR still broken for all rings?: Some days ago they wrote it was fixed for Skip Ahead, but now it's again in the (eternal) known issues description. Was it fixed for a brief moment or not at all? submitted by /u/viniciusrsouza...
  10. PLEASE MAKE IT POSSIBLE TO STREAM ALL GAME CHAT ON TWITCH WITHOUT A CAPTURE CARD

in XboX Insiders
    PLEASE MAKE IT POSSIBLE TO STREAM ALL GAME CHAT ON TWITCH WITHOUT A CAPTURE CARD: Plsss submitted by /u/_Sprite__ [link] [comments]