Game chat not working on any game but party chat works

Discus and support Game chat not working on any game but party chat works in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; This has been a long term issue on one specific game that has now spread to others. I have two headsets now. One is the Astro A50 Gen4 I believe. Other... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by AppIe Jaxx, May 6, 2022.

1. AppIe Jaxx
    AppIe Jaxx Guest

This has been a long term issue on one specific game that has now spread to others. I have two headsets now. One is the Astro A50 Gen4 I believe. Other headset is Turtle Beach Stealth Gen 2 700 Max that just released and arrived today on an Xbox Series X. Every single game I cannot hear game chat or talk in game chat. For years I have not been able to talk in game on Rainbow Six Siege. Assumed it was because they can't make a game. Now that issue has spread to every single game I play. Apex Legends, COD, Ark, you name it, I can't hear or talk in game. I have played with every games in-game settings. I have made sure that my Xbox settings are correct for each headset. Both headsets firmware are up to date. I made sure my account settings allow communications. I hard reset my Xbox. I tried playing on other accounts. What else could it be?

:)

AppIe Jaxx, May 6, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

Thanks for reaching out! I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you.

I'll be happy to assist you out today.

Hope you're doing great today Apple!

Sorry to hear that you're having issues with game chat feature.

When you said you try using another accounts on your console, the issue still persist?

I can recommend you in case you didn't try it yet, perform an offline update for your console. In that way Xbox system will be installed from scratch.

For this you need a USB and PC to format it and transfer files provided in the link below (with steps):

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
  3. Nelsio17 Win User

Can't use party chat

I'm having these same issues right now. Game chat works fine but as soon as I get into any party, it won't let me switch to "Party Chat". It's like it's stuck in Game Chat & won't allow a switch over to Party Chat.
  4. ArminatorX Win User

Game Chat

You say party chat is working fine.

Does game chat in other games work? Or is game chat in every game not working?

What particular game does not work with party chat on your account?

Can you check on
    https://account.xbox.com/settings
    if by accident your online and privacy settings were changed to disable voice chat?
  5. SgS_x_Viper Win User

Can’t hear ingame chat on twitch stream

Fr tho.... party chat works its game chat, as in in-game voice chat that doesn’t work and no one seems to know why.
  6. Very Fat Santa8 Win User

Game Chat in NBA 2K20

some games game chat dont want to work if you are in a party then switch to game chat. what youll have to do is leave the party and restart game then load the game back up and the game chat should work. GTA online is the same way with this issue.
Thema:

1. Game chat not working on any game but party chat works - Similar Threads - Game chat working

2. RIG 700 mic doesn't work in game chat. Xbox x series

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    RIG 700 mic doesn't work in game chat. Xbox x series: No matter what I try, the only way to communicate in game with this headset is to join a party with friends. Regular in game chat no longer works. It used to. No matter how...
  3. Xbox Game bar Party chat not working

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Game bar Party chat not working: For the past few days I have started seeing some problems show up with party chat on my computer. whenever I get into a party with my friends, after about a minute I can't hear anyone and I don't...
  4. Why Can't I get my game chat to work?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why Can't I get my game chat to work?: My party chat works, but when I go to game chat, nobody can hear me. I've tried restarting my xbox and waiting, and I've tried other things too like updating the controller or changing...
  5. Xbox in game voice chat not working

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox in game voice chat not working: Xbox series x here, ingame voice chat doesn't work but party chats are fine. I have the xbox wirless headset and i have the privacy settings right. I restarted and reset the xbox but still cant...
  6. In-Game Voice Chat not Working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    In-Game Voice Chat not Working: In Call of Duty Vanguard, I can almost never hear voice chat. In Fortnite, I'll randomly get disconnected from voice chat and it won't let me join back. 1f44ed67-3f64-41de-8a21-bb1dd73d5977
  7. Xbox game bar party chat not working

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox game bar party chat not working: So today I tried inviting one of my friends to a Xbox part through Xbox game bar. It normally works but today all it said was connecting for both of us then just kicked me out of the party. Then I...
  8. Game chat isnt working in any game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game chat isnt working in any game: Game chat wont work for me no one can hear me I cant seem to het a hold of microsoft support for this e3d65797-cce6-4d0d-a860-18fa9f0d8957
  9. Xbox game chat not working for specific games.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox game chat not working for specific games.: I have recently run into the issue that game chat is not working for me for specific games, specifically back for blood and rainbow six extraction. I am able to see that people are talking in game...
  10. Headset in game Audio present, Mic works, but no play back. Issues maintaining chat audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset in game Audio present, Mic works, but no play back. Issues maintaining chat audio: I'm unable to hear recorded audio on my headset. I can hear in game audio, and the random clicks and sounds while navigating the xbox menus. I can hear the monitoring of my mic. When I record a...