Game chat

Discus and support Game chat in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; When playing fifa 14 on xbox one I cannot hear others when playing in drop ins. I can see that my mic is picking up my voice and I can see that... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by THE PHRENCH REV, May 26, 2014.

1. Game chat

When playing fifa 14 on xbox one I cannot hear others when playing in drop ins. I can see that my mic is picking up my voice and I can see that others are trying to talk to me but I can't hear them. Party chat works fine. Just game chat that does not.
    This is a new problem I've had in the last week or so.

:)

THE PHRENCH REV, May 26, 2014
  2. Soundburst
    Soundburst Guest
    Kinect game chat

Was watching a live stream of Ghosts on Twitch and the guy quit after one game.

He had his headphones in. . and we the viewers could hear chat and game audio . . but his Kinect wasn't showing up in Ghosts. He connected his chat mic to the controller and then the viewers couldn't hear, and he had to remove his headphones so wasn't doing that. Couldn't figure out a way to sort it out so he quit.

People were saying 'PREFERENCES!!!!!!' in the chat but he never went into it so maybe the option is in there somewhere - he was in Sound options and did have the Kinect Microphone box ticked.

Soundburst, May 26, 2014
  3. odemode
    odemode Guest
    Kinect game chat

Tried preferences, no joy Game chat :(

odemode, May 26, 2014
  4. BwA Splatmat
    BwA Splatmat Guest

Game chat

sometimes you need to make sure the headset is pluggen in and do a hard reboot by holding the power for 10 seconds. once you boot back up it should work fine.

BwA Splatmat, May 26, 2014
  5. 1Average_Gamer Win User

Party chat and game chat

When the game starts hit the menu (start) button and check the chat channel it happens to me few times we get into a game and no one can hear each other but if you toggle chat channels that has worked for me every time so far
  6. XBF Ruben D Win User

Party chat and game chat

Hello there,

Thank you for posting on Xbox Forums! In regards to the party chat issue, have you tried to troubleshoot your network? I would suggest trying to restart your network Modem/router by unplugging it for 2 minutes then plugging it back in.

You can also try looking through this support article for
    Network Connection Help

If you still require further assistance please feel free to reply back letting us know. Thank you again for posting on Xbox Forums!
  7. DanMen334 Win User

Party Chat/Game Chat

it's an audio setup, check the levels or the microphone is connected, if the problem is the one that listens to you that should be the problem, if your computer is in good condition
  8. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

Party Chat/Game Chat

9. x Sarasaurus x Win User

Party Chat/Game Chat

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out and sorry to hear about the trouble.

When you mention, that it won't let you talk, are you getting a specific error or is the headset not working in the aspect of hearing game and party?

If you are getting an error in party to check your network settings. Please go to network settings and click on check multiplayer connection, if that doesn't help

Go ahead and do a reset on both your console and router.

To perform a hard reset on the console please

Hold your finger on the xbox power button on the console until the console powers down, then disconnect the power wait about 30 seconds and reconnect the power.

If its a problem with the headset and controller not working

You may request a repair by following this link and its also a good opportunity to register your device.

Device support
Thema:

Game chat

1. Game chat - Similar Threads - Game chat

2. Can't join party chat or games on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't join party chat or games on PC: Hi, I've got a problem with the Xbox App and all of the multiplayer Xbox Games on PC: I can't join any of my friends neither in game nor in party chat. I figured out that the problem is the fact...
  3. Party/Game chat issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Party/Game chat issues: Hi, so whenever I try to switch to game chat I don't actually go to game chat. Instead it mutes everyone that's in my party. In order for me to be in game chat in any game I would have to leave...
  4. How do I get Fortnite In-Game Party Chat audio to broadcast to twitch?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I get Fortnite In-Game Party Chat audio to broadcast to twitch?: Recently I have been streaming Fortnite on twitch (off of the app on xbox), but the people in my Fortnite party chat cannot be heard. My own voice can be heard just fine on the stream but you...
  5. LETS HAVE TEA! (Discussion of random topics) WAYS TO ENCOURAGE CLEAN GAMING CHAT!

in XBoX on Consoles
    LETS HAVE TEA! (Discussion of random topics) WAYS TO ENCOURAGE CLEAN GAMING CHAT!: •Examples Of Encouraging Ways To Promote Clean Gaming Chat•. •Consistent fiendly reminders •Tell a story how your "friend" reacted after reading a message from the xbox team regarding his...
  6. Xbox Game Bar and Xbox(Beta) applications are unable to join to a voice chat

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar and Xbox(Beta) applications are unable to join to a voice chat: I am not able to join to voice chats using either Xbox Game Bar or Xbox (Beta) applications. I am getting the following errors dump in the Event Viewer. I also copy below the .wer file content I...
  7. Can’t hear game chat :(

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t hear game chat :(: This has been happening for quite some time. I dont have a mic to communicate or anything, but I can’t hear my friends in game chat like I used to be able to. Their voices used to play through my...
  8. Game chat

in XboX Insiders
    Game chat: Is anyone having a problem with game chat? It shows that people are talking but I can’t talk or hear them. I have the option where I can hear everyone but that is not helping. submitted by...
  9. Use Connect mic for Game Chat

in XboX Insiders
    Use Connect mic for Game Chat: I know that you can use your connect for Xbox party chat but it would be really helpful if you guys would allow it to work for in game chat as well. I have been playing apex legends and I...
  10. Astro A50's not working in party chat or game chat on Backwards Compatible games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Astro A50's not working in party chat or game chat on Backwards Compatible games: So I'm trying to figure out how to make my Astro's work on the 360 Emulator that runs the BC games. When i use them on say Halo Reach i can hear other people but they can't hear me. My "Mic icon"...