Game Crashes When Continuing Story

Discus and support Game Crashes When Continuing Story in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Every time I hit continue story the game will go to the loading screen and it will then crash to the dashboard. It still shows my progress as in what... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Houdini47, Mar 25, 2014.

1. Houdini47
    Houdini47 Guest

Every time I hit continue story the game will go to the loading screen and it will then crash to the dashboard. It still shows my progress as in what chapter I'm in and how much time I have left. I have the option of going into chapter select but not sure
    if that will mess anything up.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

:)

Houdini47, Mar 25, 2014
  2. BenzDude
    BenzDude Guest
    Lego Movie Serious Glitches

Had similar problems right through this game. Thought it was the machine at first but it's not that old.

Game crashes are common throughout the story on two player. Also annoying character swaps, one minute you are one character and player two is different. It cuts to the next stage of the level and characters have swapped? Most confusing. We completed the
    story and are continuing the game on free play, just cos it's awesome, even with the annoying crashes. Nice or not nice to see that it's not just us with the crashes. I was debating buying a new machine!! Patch please!

BenzDude, Mar 25, 2014
  3. Vampyr crashing

I’m having issues with the new game vampyr it’s continuing to crash every time I enter the docks after visiting the Turquoise turtle. Plz help very frustrating started new game twice same problem.

Ugly Miscreant, Mar 25, 2014
  4. Game Crashes When Continuing Story

This happened to me. I fixed it by uninstalling the game then starting the install and putting the console to sleep while it installed.

Vyx-[xboxvenue], Mar 26, 2014
  5. Vyx-[xboxvenue] Win User

This happened to me. I fixed it by uninstalling the game then starting the install and putting the console to sleep while it installed.
  6. BenzDude Win User

Lego Movie Serious Glitches

Had similar problems right through this game. Thought it was the machine at first but it's not that old.

Game crashes are common throughout the story on two player. Also annoying character swaps, one minute you are one character and player two is different. It cuts to the next stage of the level and characters have swapped? Most confusing. We completed the
    story and are continuing the game on free play, just cos it's awesome, even with the annoying crashes. Nice or not nice to see that it's not just us with the crashes. I was debating buying a new machine!! Patch please!
  7. Miss Bijoux Win User

Game Continually Crashes

Hey there!

Sorry to hear about the issues. What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? If you haven't done any yet, you can check out the
    Casual Games FAQ section for some basic steps to try first. If those don't work, check out the this link regarding
    Error Codes and How to Fix Your Game for some further steps.

In the meantime, could you also provide us with the following information as well? This will help us when we look into the issue.

• Region
    • Device
    • Mobile? (Y/N)
    • Operating System
    • Wired or Wireless connection

Additionally, providing us with a screenshot of your computer's DXDiag will help a bunch. You can press the 'Windows' key on your keyboard and type in 'dxdiag' and it should pop up. If you need further
    assistance with this step, you can find instructions
    here

Thanks so much! :)

--------------------------------------

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines and
    if you're a member of the Xbox Insider Program, check out the Xbox Insider Program Forums for help with Insider Program
    troubleshooting.
  8. ChipSpudskin Win User

Do you let the ending of a game spoil it for you.

It's more about the journey to reach the end of the story. It's great when games do have an engaging story but, as long as the gameplay is engaging then, I'll keep playing regardless of the story - it's just a bonus when the story is great too. However,
    I wouldn't continue to play a game that had a great story but, the gameplay was no good. I'd say less than 50% of the games I've ever played have had an engaging story. There are alot of games that don't really make you feel like your part of the story, the
    story is just there to setup a scenario and feels somewhat rhetorical.
  9. thaikhoa Win User

ORI AND THE BLIND FOREST CRASH AT START UP - XBOX ONE ELITE

I'm using XBox One Elite. My problem with the game is exactly the same as descriptions above. When finished downloading, start the game for the first time, it's suddenly crashed when pressing A to continue. Try to load the game again and it works. Quit and
    relaunch the game, from now on it crashes frequently when finishing the animation of MOON logo.

Hello Microsoft! Why does it take so long for a fix?
Thema:

1. Game Crashes When Continuing Story - Similar Threads - Game Crashes Continuing

2. Xbox (Beta) PC Game Pass - Shadow of War always crashes without error after 20 seconds

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox (Beta) PC Game Pass - Shadow of War always crashes without error after 20 seconds: Hello, yesterday I downloaded and installed Shadow of War via the game pass, on PC. Installation was without issue, I proceeded to launch the game and play for about 2 hours without any problems,...
  3. Games crashing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games crashing: Ok so here it is. Ive already called xbox support and bc there fix, fixes it for the time being they just ignore me. Well my xbox one x will not play certain games most of them game shared with my...
  4. Playing Minecraft for extended periods of time on console makes every other game crash upon...

in XboX Insiders
    Playing Minecraft for extended periods of time on console makes every other game crash upon...: This has been happening for a while now, on my old Xbox one and my Xbox one S. Basically, whenever I get off Minecraft to go play something else, it doesn't start and just makes me restart the...
  5. Game Crashing and Time clock continues running....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Crashing and Time clock continues running....: I was playing on two different events,twice the game crashed and the time clock continued to run.. Adding time to my end game result.. Why didn't the clock stop when the game crashes..??...
  6. NFS:Rivals game continues to crash

in XBoX on Consoles
    NFS:Rivals game continues to crash: So I purchased NFS: Rivals last night. And today, I completed the training, and for whatever reason, the game kicks me out and sends me back to the xbox main menu. If I cant play the game, can I...
  7. game continually crashes after commercials. really frusterating. although timers keep adding ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    game continually crashes after commercials. really frusterating. although timers keep adding ...: game continually crashes after commercials. really frusterating. although timers keep adding minutes 071df0c9-eb83-43dc-9c9a-b49fa67be587
  8. Game crashes continuing Legendary Campaign for Halo 4

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game crashes continuing Legendary Campaign for Halo 4: Playing Halo 4 on legendary on the mission requiem at around 80%+ through the mission, when i try to resume the campaign it loads over half the way freezes then crashes to the xbox home screen,...
  9. Game Continually Crashes

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Continually Crashes: For the last three days (since 1/17/17) this game crashes and closes itself out every time I open it up. Sometimes (about every tenth try) it will let me get as far as actually starting a game,...
  10. Game continuously crashes during loading and makes a dirty sound! Help!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game continuously crashes during loading and makes a dirty sound! Help!: I've been playing GTA 5 since it came out and all of a sudden tonight it decides to crash and make a horrible noise through the speakers, it doesn't even reach the loading screen. I've tried...