Game deleted off of my Xbox one library

Discus and support Game deleted off of my Xbox one library in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; About a week ago I downloaded NBA2k20 to my Xbox one. I received the game for free and started to play it over the next few days. Later that week I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ZInevitableZ, Feb 23, 2020.

1. ZInevitableZ
    ZInevitableZ Guest

About a week ago I downloaded NBA2k20 to my Xbox one. I received the game for free and started to play it over the next few days. Later that week I changed my gamer-tag on Xbox and it said that it was not in the Xbox (as a disc) or was not purchased. I
    knew I had received the game and went to troubleshoot it. I followed the steps until I got to the uninstall and install part where it proceeded to completely delete the game from my account and was not in my library or in the Microsoft store where I could
    re-install it from there. It was not a game demo as I have not downloaded that before and it wasn't free play days because I was not notified of that or saw it. This has happened again for backward compatibility games but I quickly resolved those. As for other
    games, I have had zero problems with this glitch. I'm sad I can't play but I'm also thankful I didn't pay for the game either. I'm just confused about how this happened and posting this to warn people and to also get their opinions on possible fixes.

:)

ZInevitableZ, Feb 23, 2020
  2. napalm 31337 Win User

I did get the game during the free play weekend but was not prompted by any display telling me it was free to play weekend and it just started downloading and it even let me play longer than a weekend. I don't know if free play weekend is just the weekend
    or what but I played until mid-week where I changed my name a couple of days later and kicked it off my Xbox.
    Due to different time zones accross the globe, the "free weekend play" sometimes extend to rougly 3/4 full days, but you don't acquire game license for that title, you must buy it to own your copy
  3. ZInevitableZ Win User

I did get the game during the free play weekend but was not prompted by any display telling me it was free to play weekend and it just started downloading and it even let me play longer than a weekend. I don't know if free play weekend is just the weekend
    or what but I played until mid-week where I changed my name a couple of days later and kicked it off my Xbox.
  4. schnurren Win User

Hello ZInevitableZ,

You say you received the game for free (received from a friend?) or that it was free in the store?

From what you are saying (and I remember that) the game was available as a free weekend two weeks ago ( https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/02/13/free-play-days-nba-2k20-super-monkey-ball-sonic-mania/ ).

I know you said you didn't get any message that was a free weekend, but it was only free from Thursday to Sunday, so nothing else can be done if this is how you "acquired" the game.

schnurrer
  5. WUIJIBOBO Win User

Yeah, NBA 2K20 was on free play days last weekend, so that's likely to be what has happened.
  6. Karachi King Win User

Deleting Games Off My Library

You should be able to remove any games with 0 gamerscore by opening up the guide, going to the leftmost tab and selecting "Achievements". From there, scroll to the game you want to remove and hit X.
Thema:

1. Game deleted off of my Xbox one library - Similar Threads - Game deleted off

2. Is it possible to change the downloads location for games without the need to delete all...

in XBoX on Windows
    Is it possible to change the downloads location for games without the need to delete all...: I am a PC gamer and I have a ton of games from a variety of game clients on a 4tb drive. I decided to try Xbox game pass because it has some of my favorite games listed (Halo, Ori and a few...
  3. Is it possible to quickly identify (and delete) all the games that have left Game Pass and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to quickly identify (and delete) all the games that have left Game Pass and...: I bought into the 10tb drive and have every Gold and Game Pass game installed that I have access to... However, cleanup is a nightmare! There does not seem to be an easy way identify which games...
  4. Can't access or delete games from a previous Windows installation

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't access or delete games from a previous Windows installation: I recently got a new C drive, so I did a fresh install of Windows. I previously had Gears 4 and 5 (and some other stuff) installed on a second drive, but now they don't show as installed. (I have...
  5. My game was deleted

in XBoX on Windows
    My game was deleted: The ordinary version of ori and the blind fores is off the shelf. The games I bought in Xbox can't be played in Microsoft Store. The defining version can't read the basic version of savedata and...
  6. Deleting game off my profile

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Deleting game off my profile: Can the account team or forum people please delete the game Three Fourths Home: Extended Edition from my account the achievement progress is 0% and would like it gone please just had the game...
  7. If I delete my profile off an Xbox One, does that make the games I bought unplayable?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I delete my profile off an Xbox One, does that make the games I bought unplayable?: So my brother is being selfish as and taking our family Xbox when he moves out even though my mum bought the Xbox and I bought pretty much all the games (Fallout 4, FIFA 17, COD: IW, ME:A,...
  8. How to delete an individual game save off of my XBox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to delete an individual game save off of my XBox One: Recently when I was playing Fallout 4, I made a manual game save so that I could save and exit the game. Midway through the save process, I was kicked back to the dashboard. Now when I try to load...
  9. Deleting account and information off Xbox while keeping downloaded games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Deleting account and information off Xbox while keeping downloaded games?: Not exactly sure what forum this would fall under but anyways, I bought an Xbox One during Black Friday so now I want to sell my Xbox 360 now so I want to delete my account and information off the...
  10. Game DLC sometimes copies to the external, but won't delete off of the internal drive.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game DLC sometimes copies to the external, but won't delete off of the internal drive.: AC4, BF4, Ryse, DR3, CoD, all of these games DLC will not delete off of the internal drive. Most of them will "move" with the game, but a copy of them still remains on the internal drive. I have...