Game disappears after uninstalling

Discus and support Game disappears after uninstalling in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Recently, during the 12th to the 16th of December. Fallout 76 was free. So I started the installation for it which took for so damn long. It took two... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by NathanSpreng, Dec 19, 2019.

1. NathanSpreng
    NathanSpreng Guest

Recently, during the 12th to the 16th of December. Fallout 76 was free. So I started the installation for it which took for so damn long. It took two days! I started the night of the 14th and it finished installing on the 16th. After getting back from school
    and getting all excited to play fallout 76, I hop on my Xbox, log in, and try playing it, but then out of no where, it tells me that I didn't own the game and I needed to buy it in the Xbox store. Not exactly sure what is said, but it did say that in the message.
    I try restarting my Xbox because I knew that I had now owned the game on my Xbox. After a quick restart, I was still getting the error code! So I open up fallout 76 in the store and it says that I have installed the game and I could play it. But noooo....
    It won't let me. After a long time of frustration, I just uninstalled the game to see if that would work. I didn't want to do it because of the amount of time to wait for the download, but I did it anyways. When it uninstalled. Poof. Gone. It fully disappeared
    out of my Xbox. Wasn't in the ready to install list. It was no where. When I checked the store, it said I had to buy it. Why does this happen...

:)

NathanSpreng, Dec 19, 2019
  2. NathanSpreng Win User

Well if that's the case. Shucks. It never told me that I could only have it for a short amount of time. It just said that if I had Xbox live gold, I could get it for free. Wish it could be more specific.
  3. Kevenstu01 Win User

what most likely happened is that the game was free to play for a limited time (not given)

like many other title that on occasion are free to play (as if you owned it) for limited time (usual between 24 to 72 hours) usually to celebrate something related to the game or dev(s)
  4. XxBigHomie215 Win User

Error code 0x87de0bb8 when playing Assassins Creed IV

after seeing this code 0x87de0bb8 while trying to play ac4 so like i said before i uninstalled it and the game just disappeared can anyone help with problem
  5. Scowy Win User

Broken Game

My tiles didn't disappear when swapping but after placing them.

I have uninstalled and installed it again and they have come back, I did wonder if it would work.

Thanks, I can continue the game now.
  6. J.R.G. Win User

Xbox One Media Player

I had a similar problem with the app seeming to disappear after uninstalling it. The solution was to pop a C.D. into the drive which triggered it to update. Hope this works for you.

Peace, J.R.
Thema:

1. Game disappears after uninstalling - Similar Threads - Game disappears uninstalling

2. Disappearing games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Disappearing games: For two weeks, my soduko games are disappearing. I play them and when I go back in, their gone. Looking for a fix. Thank you! 076d29e8-75e6-4cb8-9fe5-2369b9726357
  3. Disappeared digital game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Disappeared digital game: how do I get an uninstalled digital download back that I brought. I can't find it anywhere. its disappeared? c4ccb480-f409-4570-aba3-32a45c552057
  4. Game Pass save games keep disappearing

in XBoX on Windows
    Game Pass save games keep disappearing: Hi everyone. I really enjoy my Game Pass membership, but for the second time in two months I have lost my save data for a game. The first time was for New Super Lucky Tale and now it is for...
  5. Game Disappeared From Xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Disappeared From Xbox: I was gonna play gta today and when i went on to gta it said i do not own the game. I was really confused since i had bought the game last month and was just playing it 2 or 3 days ago. So i did...
  6. Game disappeared from game sharing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game disappeared from game sharing: I was waiting for a long time for cod cold war come out. I didn’t buy the game i am game sharing with my friend. All of his digitial games are in my libary accept for cold war. It is really...
  7. Xbox game bar disappeared?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox game bar disappeared?: While randomly playing a game on my Laptop, I have been getting alerts that Xbox game bar is not available in my account. I have tried switching games, attempted to repair and reset it through my...
  8. Unturned Beta disappeared from my installer games

in XboX Insiders
    Unturned Beta disappeared from my installer games: I got the beta a played for a little bit, then it went away, where'd it go? submitted by /u/BreezeTheWolf [link] [comments]
  9. Game/Party Invite don't disappear after delete

in XboX Insiders
    Game/Party Invite don't disappear after delete: As the Text said after getting the latest Beta Update not only having buggy Sound but also been unable to either join invites or delete older ones that are sitting in my List for Hours submitted...
  10. Game uninstalled itself and disappeared, HELP!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game uninstalled itself and disappeared, HELP!: So Black ops 3 uninstalled itself and disappeared. I found out that it's a bug that could happen if your xbox is on stand by -mode. Also found out that it can be fixed by changing the setting to...