Game disc install error

Discus and support Game disc install error in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I just bought wolfenstein: youngblood on disc and i keep getting the error code 0x8b050066 whenever i try to install it and i have no internet at all... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by TWITCHY EFFECT, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Game disc install error

I just bought wolfenstein: youngblood on disc and i keep getting the error code 0x8b050066 whenever i try to install it and i have no internet at all where i live. What else can i do

:)

TWITCHY EFFECT, Oct 6, 2019
  2. Malacath Win User

Save file is corrupt

Try installing the game. If the disc is faulty you will get a disc unreadable error while installing. That way you know to get the disc replaced.

If the game is already installed then try uninstalling and then installing again.
  3. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Rise of tomb raider installation problem

If you are trying to install the game disc try to get offline an install the game that way before getting back online. For more help:

support.xbox.com/.../disc-error
  4. xTye Win User

** PROFILE CORRUPTIONS, Installed games unreadable - HELP! **

Just something I wanted to add: Even when a game is installed, it reads the disc to ensure you have the game in the drive. Failure to read the disc will pop up the Unreadable Disc error. It's the disc you have, not the installed game having a problem.
  5. Irixion Win User

Xbox 360 games

...That's not very descriptive. Is your game installed? Are you reading it off disc? What errors are you getting? Does the game freeze or stay on the loading screen?

Try installing the disc. That will tell you whether or not your disc is at fault. Make sure it's clean, then install it.
  6. voteDC Win User

Can't play Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2

Have you tried installing the game? I get disc read errors when trying to play from the disc but it installs and plays fine for some reason.
Thema:

Game disc install error

1. Game disc install error - Similar Threads - Game disc install

2. GAME WONT INSTALL BY DISC!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    GAME WONT INSTALL BY DISC!: PROBLEM: -several xbox one games will NOT install on my xbox one from their discs. -i put the disc in, the installation starts, but then stops, and sits in a Queue FACTS: -i have many other xbox...
  3. GAME WONT INSTALL BY DISC!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    GAME WONT INSTALL BY DISC!: PROBLEM: -several xbox one games will NOT install on my xbox one from their discs. -i put the disc in, the installation starts, but then stops, and sits in a Queue FACTS: -i have many other xbox...
  4. Installing games from discs

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Installing games from discs: I just bought an Xbox One S and a couple game discs. When I insert a disc, it appears to be installing the entire game on the Xbox’s internal storage. Why? I thought the whole point of having a...
  5. playing installed games from discs without disc x360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    playing installed games from discs without disc x360: hello i have xbox 360 and where i have it i havent got internet... i have installed my games but they wont play without disc and i dont know why but i want to play them without discs... i havent...
  6. 1 of 6 BC games from Capcom compilation disc won't install on Xbox One

in XboX Insiders
    1 of 6 BC games from Capcom compilation disc won't install on Xbox One: Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix was added to the Xbox One BC list last month and is the 6th game from the Capcom Digital Collection Disc to now be supported via BC. However, the Xbox One...
  7. Can I install games from discs so both my cousin and me can play it while only buying once?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I install games from discs so both my cousin and me can play it while only buying once?: Tho it might be kind of piracy, at least my cousin payed for the game. Can I just format some of my discs and copy the files from his discs to mine? Or can I just insert his disc into my xbox and...
  8. Some of my games won't install from disc on the Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Some of my games won't install from disc on the Xbox One: I tried installing some of my old Xbox One games on my Xbox One X Scorpio Edition. The install didn't even start nor did it give the usual popup saying that an update it needed. So far I've...
  9. AC3 Remastered: Slow Install from Disc and Forced Update Render Game Unplayable

in XBoX on Consoles
    AC3 Remastered: Slow Install from Disc and Forced Update Render Game Unplayable: I'm installing from the disc. It's been 17 hours and it's at 5%. This is insane. I've had bigger downloads install faster. I won't be able to even play the game today. I took it offline and but...
  10. Why can't I install disc games offline on my Xbox One S?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I install disc games offline on my Xbox One S?: I perfer digital games over disc because of a couple of reasons. One of those reasons is that I tried installing a disc game offline without the internet but when it reaches halfway or so, It says...